Author Topic: The Developer/Publisher thread  (Read 1428 times)

washerdryercombo

The Developer/Publisher thread
« on: October 23, 2016, 12:26:19 pm »
Does anyone look at that thread? The duplicate listing post seems to be cleaned up quickly but not the Dev/Pub post.

Alternatively is it hard to add new developers or publishers to the database? If that's the case I'll pipe down and be patient.

I'm not trying to sound bossy, just curious.

desocietas

Re: The Developer/Publisher thread
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 11:05:42 am »
It's something that's definitely looked at. Last I checked, this was still one of those items that fell off between the transition of admin folks, so it sorely needs to be looked at again!  I'll poke Jason about it again :-[
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 02:53:15 pm »
Isnt it so that everyone could add  them? I thought i could ad them if they aren't in the database. You just can't add them when entering a new game...

desocietas

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 03:17:08 pm »
Those fields get populated by a database that's was originally user-created, but an admin needs to go in and put them in, edit, merge, etc. So currently there's a thread of requests for more dev/publishers to be added or whatnot (there are some mispellings), but there hasn't be any movement in the admin portion of things about it as far as I know :/
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

washerdryercombo

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 12:57:39 pm »
Those fields get populated by a database that's was originally user-created, but an admin needs to go in and put them in, edit, merge, etc. So currently there's a thread of requests for more dev/publishers to be added or whatnot (there are some mispellings), but there hasn't be any movement in the admin portion of things about it as far as I know :/

Theirs a misspelled Electronic Arts that pops up first as you are typing it in.

desocietas

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 01:55:44 pm »

Theirs a misspelled Electronic Arts that pops up first as you are typing it in.

Thanks!  Looks like there were two misspellings - Electornic and Eletronic Arts  ::)  I thing I've been able to merge them properly into Electronic Arts.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

telly

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 08:30:33 pm »
I know there is both "Capcom" and "Capcam". I think that's a typo but who knows, maybe it actually exists  :o
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 07:41:50 pm »
I know there is both "Capcom" and "Capcam". I think that's a typo but who knows, maybe it actually exists  :o

I checked around for Capcam, and afaik it's not a publisher ;)

It's been merged with Capcom. Thanks for letting me know!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

telly

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 03:08:37 pm »
Would there be any way to track back to the entry that originally had "Capcam" as a publisher? Maybe then we could see if it was a mistake or an actual publisher when these kinds of things happen.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

desocietas

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 04:08:01 pm »
Would there be any way to track back to the entry that originally had "Capcam" as a publisher? Maybe then we could see if it was a mistake or an actual publisher when these kinds of things happen.

Thankfully, when I use the merge tool, it shows which games are affected. Only two games were listed, and both were obviously Capcom items (I think one was Resident Evil). At the moment, it doesn't seem to let me click on the publisher to view which records are connected to it prior to using the merge feature. Hopefully that's something that Jason can look into sometime.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas