Author Topic: Good Star Trek Games?  (Read 891 times)

Good Star Trek Games?
« on: October 23, 2016, 10:58:57 pm »
Hey all!

With Halloween coming up and all, I decided to try and start watching Next Generation where I left off some time ago since Star Trek piqued my interest, again. Although I've watched the AVGN's video on Star Trek games, I was wondering if y'all had any experience with them, and could recommend a good one?

I'm not looking for anything in particular (I'm already occupied with Fire Emblem Conquest at the moment), but was just curious as to if there were any good titles out there, whatever genre or gameplay style they might be.

Re: Good Star Trek Games?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 11:44:03 pm »
Elite Force II is suppose to be pretty good.
As big of a Trekkie I am, I haven't played any games.

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 02:05:19 am »
I've played a bunch of them in the past, but they've all been so forgettable I can't really remember anything about them to give a review.

When it comes to Trek games, the Board and Card games out there tend to be the best experiences. The Star Trek Risk that came out recently is a pretty good variant. The deck building games are pretty good, though my gaming group prefers the Cryptozoic ones. Or if you really want to go into the deep end, the old Decipher CCG's a great game, albeit a bit too affected by power creep by the end.

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 08:32:12 am »
With the new series on the way maybe it'll spawn new games. There hasn't been too many in the past 15 years.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 06:16:07 pm »
I'm a big Star Trek fan. But I'm not a PC gamer. So I missed out on a lot of Star Trek games.

From a console gamers point-of-view, I can only think of 3 good ST games: Star Trek: Shattered Universe (PS2 & XBox), Star Trek: Voyager The Arcade Game, and Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force (PS2 & PC).

Star Trek: Shattered Universe is a story-focused ship-battle game where you control the U.S.S. Excellsior under the command of Captain Sulu (as seen in Star Trek VI). The ship and crew get stranded in the Mirror Universe, and they have to survive in an entire universe full of enemies while trying to find a way home. Good controls and graphics, and a good story makes this a must-have for people that are both Star Trek fans and gamers.

Star Trek: Voyager The Arcade game is a cinematic, high-action first-person shooter from the late 90s.

And Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force is a great first-person shooter (for the time) where you are a member of Commander Tuvok's Security Team and get sent up against various alien threats found only in the far-flung Delta Quadrant where Voyager is lost. There are also more familiar Federation Space threats in the Holodeck simulation-mode.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 04:41:27 pm by burningdoom »

pacpix

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 07:15:22 pm »
Star Trek: Strategic Operations Simulator on the 2600 is pretty fun.  It takes a bit to get used to, but it is one of the Atari games I find myself going back to the most.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 12:18:51 pm »
I very much like Star Trek Armada, (or it might have been Star Trek Armada 2) either way, I played it most with the Babalon 5 Armada mod. Elite Force games were also pretty good.

MVL.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2016, 04:22:07 pm »
Star Trek Legacy for XBOX 360 is excellent! a must play for trek fans. Live long and prosper.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 04:26:47 pm by wartoy »