Author Topic: 52 Game Challenge 2017  (Read 59636 times)

kashell

Re: 52 Game Challenge 2017
« Reply #240 on: April 18, 2017, 09:47:18 am »
The review is up for Ghosthunter!

realpoketendonl

« Reply #241 on: April 18, 2017, 01:31:21 pm »
All right! I just beat Bayonetta! Again! Seriously, this has to be around the sixth time I've beaten this game (I've lost count), and I still love it just as much as the first time I played it. This is without a doubt one of my favourite games of all time. This playthrough was of the newly released PC version, and it's without a doubt the best version of Bayonetta out there. Definitely my go-to version from now on. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you haven't played Bayonetta for whatever reason, please go ahead and do so! It's without a doubt one of my favourite games to date, and the PC version is by far the best way to experience it ever!

So that puts me at 16 games! Even though this is the first time I've beaten it on PC, I've beaten it many times before on both PS3 and Wii U, so I'm counting it as a new playthrough.
Italics means I had already started with the game november last year or earlier.
A red glow means this is a second playthrough
A blue glow means the game has been completed 100%
  • Life is Strange
  • New Super Mario Bros. U
  • Kirby's Dream Land
  • Kirby's Dream Land
  • Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom (PC version)
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Kirby Super Star Ultra
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
  • Learn With Pokémon: Typing Adventure
  • Sonic Generations
  • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
  • Drawn to Life
  • Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  • 8-Bit Bayonetta
  • Mario Kart Wii
  • Bayonetta (PC version)

I think I'll get back to my old planning now. Next up are The Wonderful 101 and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. After that come Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter, The World Ends With You and my Infinite Climax playthrough of Bayonetta 2.
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

« Reply #242 on: April 19, 2017, 10:58:42 pm »
19 - Yooka-Laylee (PC 2017) - 13 HOURS BEAT - It's unfortunate the game was reviewed in the state it was, and that many were playing the much worse off console versions (Which seemed to be a Team 17 issue, not Playtonic), as the game on PC at launch ran fantastically.  No framerate issues, very little camera struggle, overall it looks great.  While the game didn't successfully capitalize on being an amazing spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie, I think it got close.  It has the silly, charming, characters.  There's the collectathon.  It's got your big hub world and worlds to explore and it's a return to a genre I missed. 

My negatives more come down to some sloppiness to some of the control and objectives, some level design aspects that feel uninspired, the mostly awful minigames (I played 4 out of 5 and only 2 of those 4 were okay), and that I think the game needed more worlds with a tighter design, rather than fewer worlds, that just got bigger.  I'm glad I supported this game, it's just that I think there's some rust they were shaking off with this game and that hopefully they can greatly improve with a sequel if it gets made.

Also this wasn't completion either.  I only beat the first level 100%, the rest vary from 50 to 75% beat.  Only need 100 pagies to fight the last boss.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 11:00:34 pm by kamikazekeeg »

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #243 on: April 20, 2017, 12:00:32 pm »
Disc 1 DOWN on FF7! WOO

telly

« Reply #244 on: April 20, 2017, 12:04:05 pm »
Disc 1 DOWN on FF7! WOO

Nice! If I remember right, disc three didn't have that much story on it, so you're getting there!
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

rayne315

« Reply #245 on: April 20, 2017, 02:21:49 pm »
Disc 1 DOWN on FF7! WOO

Nice! If I remember right, disc three didn't have that much story on it, so you're getting there!

its been a very long time since I have played through it but isn't disc 1 like 40-50% of the content or something like that?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #246 on: April 20, 2017, 03:22:32 pm »
Disc 1 DOWN on FF7! WOO

its been a very long time since I have played through it but isn't disc 1 like 40-50% of the content or something like that?

Yeah, Disk one is half the game. Disk 2 is like a third, and the last disk is mostly just all the side stuff and the final fight with Sepheroth.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #247 on: April 20, 2017, 05:09:37 pm »
I actually have done a decent amount of side stuff on D1. Did Wutai, have all the optional party members, really this game is a lot of fun but some of these bosses are ridiculous. I especially hated the dragon boss that came right before Aeris leaves the party for a bit. I used Victor and his limit break kept using fire moves that kept healing the boss and i almost just quit and restarted because neither of us were killing each other haha.

« Reply #248 on: April 21, 2017, 03:21:22 am »

1. Watch Dogs 2
2. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
3. Jet Set Radio
4. Bully
5. Quantum Break
6. Assassin's Creed Syndicate
7. Saints Row 3
8. Watch Dogs
9. Rise of the Tomb Raider
10. Donkey Kong Country 2
11. Tomb Raider
12. Aggressive Inline
13. Hitman Season 1
14. SSX 3
15. The Wolf Among Us
16. Donkey Kong Country
17. Unravel
18. Never Alone
19. Shadow of the Colossus
20. Fragments of Him
21. Blackwood Crossing
22. Ryse : Son of Rome

Currently playing The Warriors and Donkey Kong Country 3

telly

« Reply #249 on: April 21, 2017, 10:23:54 am »
Game 5 - Pokemon: Platinum Version (DS) - 48 Hours (Nuzlocke Challenge)

+ It's Pokemon! I've played one game from every generation except for VI, and I liked how this game reminded me of the 3rd generation with the berries, contests, etc. I like the Underground feature, and the music was excellent as always. Playing it as a nuzlocke was pretty fun and challenging, playing it on cart without an emulator means you can't speed up leveling, but the VS seeker is so broken because it makes training wicked easy. I over-leveled for the Elite Four and breezed through it with no trouble, though I did look up the movesets of the Elite Four beforehand, which I didn't do for the other gyms and trainers.

My final team was
"Trine" the Magnezone - died during the fight with Cynthia because I got careless  :(
"Zantesuken" the Staraptor
"Roselina" the Roserade
"Blue Frend" the Quagsire
"Kevin" the Rapidash
"Vicious" the Weavile

- For one, I didn't like the rival team, they weren't that special nor did they stand out to me. The game feels pretty slow compared to other games, and it was a lot of those warping and twisting 2D graphics that plagued Pokemon DS games.

Back to my list

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 01:34:14 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:

telly

« Reply #250 on: April 22, 2017, 08:23:15 pm »
Game 6 - New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U) - 7 Hours (3-player co-op)

Double post as another game is knocked off the list! Played this through with a couple of my friends. Will probably want to play through again in single player to collect all the Star Coins, secrets, etc.

+ Anyway, I still love playing these New Super Mario Bros. games. A lot of people are burnt out by them understandably, and this game really doesn't do anything over NSMB Wii. But it's still fun. It's a blast to play with friends, too many close calls, epic saves and crushing defeats to count. Either way, it's still a fun game. Standard Mario fun and platforming with fun powerups and stages.

- The big issue other than the saminess and copy-paste nature of this game is the multiplayer mechanics. Being able to bounce off each other and push each other over ledges and stuff was unforgivable. It really wore on our patience over time. There were several instances where two of us had to tap out to let one person attempt it solo, which is kind of silly when you think about it. And again, there really isn't anything new about this game at all.

Back to my list
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 08:33:10 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:

« Reply #251 on: April 24, 2017, 08:08:59 am »
Knocked out a couple of games over the weekend, just wish I could've started one more game.  I hate leaving the weekend without being in the middle of a game.  I find it's really hard to start a new game during the week.

« Reply #252 on: April 25, 2017, 01:51:33 am »
20 - Fallout Shelter (PC 2016) - ENDLESS - Super Mario Run was going to be the only mobile game I added, but technically that is still true as I'm playing the PC version of Fallout Shelter lol It's still a mobile game on PC, but it functions better than most tend too, which helps coming from a bigger company.  It's basic, but I'm cool with it.  It still has some real annoying bugs in it though and controls aren't that great if you are trying to direct your guys.  I'm forgiving of the Fallout games as big open world experiences, but not a small scale game thats been out for nearly 2 years on mobile and a year on PC.  Not unplayable in any way, but there's clearly stuff they are just not interested in improving.  Eh, it's free and I'm never buying anything, so I can't complain TOO much, just annoying.  I'll probably casually play it for awhile.

« Reply #253 on: April 29, 2017, 11:11:22 am »
1. Watch Dogs 2
2. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
3. Jet Set Radio
4. Bully
5. Quantum Break
6. Assassin's Creed Syndicate
7. Saints Row 3
8. Watch Dogs
9. Rise of the Tomb Raider
10. Donkey Kong Country 2
11. Tomb Raider
12. Aggressive Inline
13. Hitman Season 1
14. SSX 3
15. The Wolf Among Us
16. Donkey Kong Country
17. Unravel
18. Never Alone
19. Shadow of the Colossus
20. Fragments of Him
21. Blackwood Crossing
22. Ryse : Son of Rome
23. The Warriors

wolfen

« Reply #254 on: April 29, 2017, 04:59:08 pm »
6. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Start - April 28
  • Finish - April 29
  • Total Time - less than 10 hours

It's Mario Kart 8 but 10 times better with bug fixes, new characters, new items, new kart parts, and the biggest Battle Mode to date. You will love this game whether you have or haven't played Mario Kart 8 first.

I beat all Grand Prix's with 3 gold stars
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 07:15:35 pm by wolfen »