Author Topic: Worst eBay experience  (Read 2814 times)

Re: Worst eBay experience
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2019, 02:23:34 pm »
(OFF TOPIC REPLY) (about stolen packages read)

Partially I think the reason for some people losing their packages is because of various crime organizations or cyber criminals who are local to just about everyone in the United States and drive around and hack people and track some peoples delivery information. and steal your package at the right time.

I hate these scumbags, but I think that most of them are local hackers in your area who are using your WIFI and computers to gain access to your shipping information.

And, Without the correct security on your devices, they can even be hacked as long as you have them plugged into a power plug.

if someone is stealing your packages then tell the police so maybe the good hackers can find out who is doing all the crime.

Sometimes law enforcement has the tools needed to track local hackers or package thieves.

All a hacker or hackers need to do is look at your browsers history and a park a vehicle, either in front of your home with a cell phone, or laptop, or down the block from your place.  and then log onto your own personal internet. you could also try a surveillance  system for your home or yard also.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 02:41:45 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Flashback2012

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2019, 08:41:57 pm »
I haven't had much bad luck on eBay (knock on wood). I'd say the "worst" eBay experience I had was when I came across a guy selling CD-I lots. He had a bunch of package deals that included a CD-I system and some games (the two animated Zelda ones and a burn of the rare one among others). I bought a bundle and everything he listed arrived BUT he used the box the CD-I came in as the shipping package instead of packing it into another box.  >:(

I haven't sold on eBay in forever and a day. Too many scammers on there now who'll pull a fast one. I'll still buy occasionally. I picked up a 4K Blu-Ray off there recently that I couldn't source in stores for some reason. At the time I got it cheaper than if I had went to the store to get it but this past weekend I saw that they had marked it down to $20.  :P

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2019, 12:14:25 am »
As a buyer - The worst with buying have all been because of the USPS and Fedex guys mostly. My old mail man for 3 years was essentially the package Jesus. He was a demi god immortal. Beyond flawless. So nice and careful with his craft.  The best :D.  But the sunday driver for amazon prime and the new mail man... not so much. More the leave a 500 dollar xbox one x on a porch in the ghetto without ringing the bell type. I fixed the new mail man by having a sit down talk with him by the fire with smores. I offered him propositions of sorts. He was a gracious person.

Outside of that, I have had amiibos shipped in bubble mailers arriving crushed by careless sellers. And 1 game that didnt work.  A few crushed boxes. Sometimes things that stunk of pot.  And one stolen camera because fedex left it on my porch and I was at work. I live in the 43rd most crime ridden city in the US.  Tons of theft. Most sellers refund me instantly and ebay sides with the buyer on broken things but dtolen stuff is lost forever.

As a seller -  Only 1 return knock on wood, he pulled the old swap on me.  Really scammed me bad :(  I sold him a beautiful NES.  Tested, loved and so clean.  He took it, and messaged me with a chipped, yellow junk NES saying I shipped him the wrong one. I had no way of proving and ebay instantly sided with him.  So now I have a junk scratched yellow dirty NES and lost 70 dollars.  But it was a huge learning experience.  Now I film the whole packaging proccess to prove and serial numbers so I know I am getting back what I gave. :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 12:19:24 am by marvelvscapcom2 »

Warmsignal

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2019, 09:22:35 pm »
So I sent my game with the water logged manual back to the seller. Still waiting on that refund. In the mean time, I receive a different copy from another seller for quite a bit more money. Described as "very good" condition this time. The clear plastic case has warping from extreme head damage, like a heat gun or hair dryer was placed against it. Never seen that one before. Also, somehow the barcode underneath the long box plastic case is literally worn off of the artwork, down to the white of the paper. Neither of these flaws were mentioned in description. Guess this one is going back too.

My god. Is that hard to take care of a video game? Is it that hard to look over a collectible item you're selling for $50 and note any of it's potentially flaws? Of course it is, that would hurt the sale.

::)

pzeke

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2019, 10:24:02 pm »
What's worse are the sellers that try to pin that on the buyer by saying, "why didn't you ask first before buying?". Like, motherlogger, why in the hell do you think the description box is there for? You're responsible to describe the item you're selling, not expect the buyer to ask you through PMs if the item is damaged or any other minutia related to it. I had my share of these sellers, so nowadays I don't bother with any listing with no description...although I've grown paranoid, so I tend to ask questions before buying, even if the seller adequately describes the item he/she is selling. Whatever helps me avoid unnecessary headaches.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

Warmsignal

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2019, 02:09:12 pm »
What's worse are the sellers that try to pin that on the buyer by saying, "why didn't you ask first before buying?". Like, motherlogger, why in the hell do you think the description box is there for? You're responsible to describe the item you're selling, not expect the buyer to ask you through PMs if the item is damaged or any other minutia related to it. I had my share of these sellers, so nowadays I don't bother with any listing with no description...although I've grown paranoid, so I tend to ask questions before buying, even if the seller adequately describes the item he/she is selling. Whatever helps me avoid unnecessary headaches.

I suppose you're right. None of the them can be bothered, so I'm going to have to ask 100 questions before I buy the next one. Is it warped? Is it torn? Is it faded? Is it waterlogged? Is it stained? Is it scratched? Does it smell funky? Etc, etc. Because if any of that is true.... it's not "very good" condition. A lot of them judge that purely on the amount of scratches the disc has, and make their own arbitrary judgements on that. There's no way they're actually gonna test the game first. What, are you crazy? That's the buyer's job apparently.

Imagine if eBay actually required that you state whether or not the game has been tested to work. Most of them would not. They actually do have a guide-line as to what each condition listing should comply with, you can't just judge that using your own standards, but nobody follows it. Very good condition cannot have damage to the case or artwork at all.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 02:22:24 pm by Warmsignal »

ffxik

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2019, 10:15:02 pm »
Luckily I haven't had too much trouble on either side of that Ebay fence.  I don't sell much on there so I haven't had much in the way of issues.  Except not leaving feedback.  On the buying side I've been lucky to either get partial refund, full refund, or replacements for lost or damaged items.

I think the worst one was a bait and switch with a board game expansion.  I bought Wrath of the Elements for the original Thunderstone card game and it was listed as complete but in played condition.  When I got it it was the WotE box but had the Thornwood Siege cards inside.  So I contacted the seller and they replied that the auction was for TS but it was in the WotE box.  Had I bothered to read it.  Problem is I screenshot all Ebay descriptions.  I got my money back.