Author Topic: Are you excited for Days Gone or nah?  (Read 1289 times)

Are you excited for Days Gone or nah?
« on: February 19, 2019, 04:35:19 pm »
I'm conflicted. I like that gritty realistic Last of Us-esque aesthetic but hordes of zombies are about as mundane as an opponent as I could possibly imagine for a video game.

Re: Are you excited for Days Gone or nah?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 05:40:05 pm »
I'm mostly just waiting to hear the consensus on it and if its worth checking out at all as I'm generally cool with an open world zombie game, this one just never really stood out all that much.  I think it'll be a good game, but at it's worst, I'll just wait to grab it on a sale down the road.

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 06:33:14 pm »
It's had a very tumultuous development and has been delayed various times so that is definitely room for concern. The game looks okay, which is more than I can say about most Zombie games that get released now. I'll probably wait until it comes out and see what the word on the street is before considering picking it up.

ferraroso

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 07:08:42 pm »
For me, Days Gone has probably been one of the biggest nah I've ever felt in gaming.
I am so tired of these games that look all the same...
C'mon, people! Give me something other than Zombie/Medieval/FPS/Open World games!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 10:23:01 am by ferraroso »

pzeke

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 05:48:16 pm »
Back when the game was announced I was all over it; but now, three or so years later, I could care less.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2019, 09:35:06 pm »
The game looks better and better each time they show it. I'm not interested enough to pre-order though because Sony drops their prices super fast so if that's what they want me to learn I'll just wait a few more months and get it at $20.

soera

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 06:15:26 am »
For me, Days Gone has probably been one of the biggest nah I've ever felt in gaming.
I am so tired of these games that look all the same...
C'mon, peolpe! Give me something other than Zombie/Medieval/FPS/Open World games!

We need a like button. This is how I feel anymore. Almost all games now have no identity and just want to be like some other title. But, in all honesty, what's left to do in a game?

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2019, 04:13:12 pm »
Back when the game was announced I was all over it; but now, three or so years later, I could care less.
This exactly.  I was stoked for it years ago, but now?  I keep forgetting it’s even a thing.

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2019, 04:41:26 pm »
Every time something new is shown for it, it looks better but it's still not enough to convince me. Maybe if there's a period when nothing comes out and it gets very good reviews.