Author Topic: I actually don’t like waiting for price drops on games  (Read 2051 times)

Re: I actually don’t like waiting for price drops on games
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2019, 03:12:24 pm »
There’s only a certain number of AAA games released each year to pick from. Of those only a certain few appeal to me.

I’m very intentional with what I play so when I want to play something, I really want to play it. I don’t have that “I’m interested in this but only when it hits this price” mentality.

If I’m interested in a game it’s very valuable/enticing to me and when I’m not interested in a game it’s worthless to me.

There are many games that I could scoop up very cheaply at $10-15 but even at those prices I have no inclination to want to play them.

The scarcity of games I really want to play makes them a very easy sale to me even at $60. I could (and likely would) be waiting months until another new game rolls around that peaks my interest.

If a game doesn’t excite me enough to play on day one, I likely don’t care about playing it at all.

There was a time I wanted to budget to buy a new game every month but then I looked at the release date schedule and there wasn’t a game released every month that I cared enough about to play.

I can usually count the games I get really excited about in a year on one hand, at best they roll around once every 3 month, so why deprive myself to save a little money. If I didn’t buy the games I love day one I would go for months and months without a new game. I’m so selective that even being a willing day one buyer I do go for months and months without a new game anyway.

It just doesn’t make sense to pass up on games I want to play until they drop in price. There isn’t enough to play.

I have this philosophy now but started off buying every thing I seen weather I was very excited or not. Now I have truly slowed down to buy what I love but when I do buy what I really love I spend quite a bit to get the best edition now. Waiting for price drops is something I almost never do because it's hard to predict what games will drop and by the time they do it's boring and lost all it's cutting edge appeal weather it paved way graphically, plot wise or in another facet.  I don't like to wait too long because the next installment will come :)

necrosexual

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2019, 03:35:29 pm »
i'll buy something full price if it is pokemon or has extras with it. otherwise i have a backlog that it's never a good idea to throw so much cash down.

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

PaleManInBlack

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2019, 09:45:27 pm »
The last game I bought full price was the Resident Evil 2 remake. There just aren't many new releases I'm dying to play.