Author Topic: Nintendo Switch: Top 10 Play Times & Top 10 Favorite Games  (Read 891 times)

wolfen

Nintendo Switch: Top 10 Play Times & Top 10 Favorite Games
« on: April 17, 2019, 09:12:55 pm »
The Nintendo Switch has been out for a little over 2 years now and in that time we've seen a lot of fantastic indies and some of Nintendo's best first party games for each franchise. In that time we've also racked up lots of hours in our favorite games.

So what are your top 10 play times and your top 10 favorite games for the Nintendo Switch so far? Also what are your most anticipated releases for the Nintendo Switch?

Top 10 Play Times
1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: 230+ hours
2. Breath of the Wild: 220+ hours
3. Rocket League: 210+ hours
4. Skyrim: 190+ hours
5. The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+: 170+ hours
6. Smash Ultimate: 120+ hours
7. Super Mario Odyssey: 90+ hours
8. Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle: 70+ hours
9. Yoshi's Crafted World: 40+ hours
10. Kirby Star Allies: 30+ hours

Top 10 Favorites
1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
4. Super Smash Bros Ultimate
5. The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth
6. Sonic Mania
7. Rocket League
8. Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle
9. Skyrim
10. Yoshi's Crafted World

Most Anticipated Releases
Luigi's Mansion 3
Pokemon Sworld/Shield
Animal Crossing 2019

Re: Nintendo Switch: Top 10 Play Times & Top 10 Favorite Games
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 11:10:23 pm »
I wish there were 10 Switch games I had played period lol.

But the game i've played the most is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, which is also the game I played on the Wii U the most too. Favorite game on the Switch is Breath of the Wild hands down!

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 02:51:58 am »
Not enough worthwhile games out on the Switch to make a Top 10 for me, but generally my top two games in playtime are Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Breath of the Wild, both 100+ hours.  I actually need to go back and put a good bit more time into Super Mario Odyssey.

Top games, not counting ports, are Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and Smash Bros Ultimate, even though I don't really play it much.  Mostly consider it highly due to its absurd amount of content even if I generally hated World of Light lol
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 02:56:59 am by kamikazekeeg »

mark1982

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 03:35:39 am »
There are plenty of games on the Switch that I really enjoy. Not sure on how many hours played, have to check, but here's my top 10 so far:

- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Once the world opened up I was amazed how big the game really was!
- Octopath Traveler - Lovely group of stories on an emotional journey.
- Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom - Excellent throwback for a much loved classic in my book.
- Super Mario Odyssey - This game brought back vibes of Super Mario 64.
- The Messenger - I thought this game was a standard 8-bit platformer, boy was I wrong, changing from 8-bit to 16-bit was plenty fun.
- Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon - Castlevania is my most beloved franchise so this game was a nice addition by Koji Igarashi.
- Axiom Verge - I played this on the Switch only, excellent homage to Metroid with a fantastic soundtrack.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - This was the first Mario Kart that I played since the N64, reminded me how much fun this franchise really is.
- Dead Cells - Simply loved the art style, glad this title was successful for the developers.
- Shantae: Half Genie Hero - Lovely artstyle and full of charm, I'm glad part 5 in in the works. :)

As for most anticipated I have to go with Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night & Hollow Knight (Still waiting for that physical Switch version)  8)
  l    l 

kashell

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 09:50:20 am »
I'm not sure about playtimes other than Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (90 hours) and Octopath Traveler (80 hours). Here are my top Switch games in no order.

1. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Torna the Golden Country
2. Kirby Star Allies
3. Octoapth Traveler
4. Mega Man X Collection
5. Valkyria Chronicles 4
6. Smash Ultimate

That's all I got. The rest of the games I played for it aren't "top ten" material.

I'm really looking forward to Somnium. It's great to see the Switch getting some visual novels.

aliensstudios

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 10:47:06 am »
I don't think the Switch has 10 exclusives that I generally feel compelled to play but here's my top list of everything I've tried out that ISN'T a port (because most games on the platform are):

1. Golf Story
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. Snipperclips
4. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
5. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
6. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
7. Mario Tennis Aces

Zelda and Mario Kart are just Wii U titles at heart and that is the platform I played them on.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 12:06:02 pm »
The Switch is my baby now. I love it. I tend to get a lot of my multi-plats here.

Playtime:
1. Splatoon 2 (215 hrs)
2. Dragon Quest Builders (60 hrs.)
3. Zelda: BotW (40 hrs.)
4. Smash Bros. (25 hrs.)
5. Let's Go, Pikachu!(25 hrs.)
6. Mario Odyssey (15 hrs.)
7. Fire Emblem Warriors (15 hrs.)
8. Travis Strikes Again (10 hrs.)
9. Super Mario Party (10 hrs.)
10. TWEWY (10 hrs.)

Favorite Games:
1. Dragon Quest Builders (Finally! Minecraft with good graphics and a plot.)
2. Splatoon 2 (I basically got the switch for this.)
3. Travis Strikes Again (A blast, I played co-op all the way through. Had a good time. I'm going to play again soon now that all the DLC dropped.)
4. Nelke and the Legendary Alchemists (It's new so it didn't quite break into my top playtime list, but I'm loving it. Turn based city builder w/a heavy focus on alchemy.)
5. Super Mario Party
6. Let's Go Pikachu! ( I want to like this game more, but it's a little tedious.)
7. Smash Ultimate
8. Little Dragon's Cafe (Cute and Simple. I enjoy chilling and exploring then cooking.)
9. Mario Odyssey
10. TWEWY (I just wish the controls were better. I loved this game on the DS)

I didn't like BotW. I really tried too. The scaling difficulty, breaking weapons, and lack of direction slowly destroyed my soul. My husband got a bit further than me... I didn't want to get there. Lyonels everywhere. I can't handle the grind. I completed the four guardians then gave up.

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2019, 07:59:57 am »
Jeez, I'm not sure I've even played 10 games on my Switch yet...

Let's see in ranking:

1. Hollow Knight
2. Dark Souls: Remastered
3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
4. Super Mario Odyssey
5. Into the Breach
6. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
7. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
8. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
9. Tetris 99
10. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
11. Mega Man 11
12. Sonic Mania Plus

Ok, so I've played 12 games total... guess I did just barely make it.  I generally really like all of the games in my Top 10, but I wasn't a big fan of Sonic Mania.

Play time ranking:
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 110 hours
2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 50 hours
3. Super Mario Odyssey - 50 hours
4. Hollow Knight - 30 hours
5. Dark Souls: Remastered - 25 hours
6. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle - 20 hours
7. Into the Breach - 10 hours
8. Tetris 99 - 5 hours
9. Mega Man 11 - 5 hours
10. Sonic Mania Plus - 5 hours