Author Topic: Should I Buy An Xbox One S For Backwards Compatibility?  (Read 1264 times)

Should I Buy An Xbox One S For Backwards Compatibility?
« on: April 18, 2019, 08:01:26 am »
Hi Ladies & Gents,

I've been looking online and seen that Xbox One S Consoles are going for a decent £150... I admit here and now there are barely 1-2 Xbox One titles I even have interest in but the rise of the consoles backwards compatibility is appealing...

Are games like Final Fantasy XIII BC in Native 4K? Because while I could nab one of these cheap now, but in time I may want abckwards compatibility on a 4K system - I currently still have a 32' 1080P Samsung HDTV... I do have a 43' Toshiba 4K TV... but it's simply too big for my sitting area :P

I only bought a 360 last year cheap to play original Xbox & 360 titles, which I am quite happy with the bundle I've got, not all work on Xbox One, but I think most do, I'l have to compare through lists online later.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 08:15:45 am by vivigamer »

Re: Should I Buy An Xbox One S For Backwards Compatibility?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 08:32:03 am »
I’d say as long as the games you want to play are available you should do it.  I actually just got another 360 last year because the games I was looking to play weren’t on the BC list.

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 09:13:29 am »
I think it's more wanting to play games to a better standard. I've always been fine with games graphics from a technical level but when it comes to presentation through resolution I'm immensely picky - I've bought many PS3 to PS4 Remasters purely on the 720p to 1080p upgrade and I can clearly see the difference. One of the reasons I bought the 360 was due to this, so instead of buying titles on the PS2 if there was a 360 version available I'd get them - Just Cause, Gun, Disney's Cars, Bully, Burnout: Revenge etc.

Also seeing these Xbox One Enhanced BC titles... they really do look impressive - Final Fantasy XIII looks like how I'd imagine a PS4 Remaster to be and that's using the original disc!

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 12:09:33 pm »
Here's a list of all the games with Xbox One X enhancements:

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/xbox-one/xbox-one-x-enhanced-list#tabletitle

I will say though, even if a game's not on that list, there are noticeable improvements when played on a One, especially when it comes to load times, which is amazing for games like Lost Odyssey or Fallout.

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 01:46:26 pm »
I've been enjoying my Xbox one S as mostly a console to play backward compatible games on. i have the other consoles but its nice to just have one system hooked up for all 3 generations. Granted not every game works but its still a good chunk of games.

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 08:29:08 pm »
I would if I didn't have an Xbox360 it's a good thing that Microsoft are having this feature
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"