Author Topic: Nostalgic games  (Read 2752 times)

doafan

Re: Nostalgic games
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2019, 11:08:34 am »
I have a lot of nostalgia for all my old game boy color games that are no longer in my collection  :'(

Sorry but can I ask what happened to them ?  :-\

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

kypherion

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2019, 11:28:55 am »
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Watched my dad play this game when I was younger.

Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (GBC) - Played this a ton, lots of fun.

Super Mario Advance 4  - One of my go to games when I was younger, I always had a blast with it.

Trauma Center: Second Opinion - When I was younger, my babysitter (you know who you are haha) would come over and I'd have him play this game for me. Later on I went to beat it myself.

Super Smash Bros. Melee - Mainly messing around with characters and items on Great Bay. Tons of fun.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

Warmsignal

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2019, 10:10:45 am »
I'm 24 and recently I started feeling nostalgic for the Wii and GameCube days, even though it doesn't feel like that long ago.

It's funny you mention feeling nostalgic for the Wii. I was at one of my local Gamestops earlier this week and two girls in their early 20s came in and were buying a bunch of AAA Wii titles. The cashier was talking to them and what happened is one of the girls found her old Wii in her parent's basement after she had come home from college for the summer. She got a huge nostalgic itch and wanted to play a bunch of games she played as a kid on it. I certainly don't think you or her are part of a huge movement of Wii collectors at the moment, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Wii goes through a similar boost in collectibility like just about every other Nintendo console before it. What really blows my mind is that I was 19 when the Wii came out, and that people your age and that girl's age were elementary school aged during that time. I guess it's no different than people who were in their late teens and early 20s when I was a 9-year old kid playing the N64 when that came out lol

I have a bit of nostalgia for the Wii myself, even though I was into my late teens by then. I think it was just a period of my life that I'm fond of remembering, but I've always liked and defended the Wii and found it an novel, interesting concept, and liked how it brought people (including casuals) together to play games again before the online gaming craze really hit big. I can definitely see the original Wii becoming a very nostalgic console for a lot people.

telly

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2019, 01:31:27 pm »
I have a lot of nostalgia for all my old game boy color games that are no longer in my collection  :'(

Sorry but can I ask what happened to them ?  :-\

I lost almost all my Game Boy Color games except Pokemon Crystal when I moved at around 15. I picked up a couple of them since then but haven't bought most of them yet because most of them were terrible xD
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2019, 08:11:51 pm »
Many people posted on the Nintendo 64 as being nostalgic, I have to fully agree with them, like I said before there is something about the Nintendo 64 console that I really love, even though I haven't played it in a while

as a 1990's child I always wanted a Nintendo 64 but instead got my first one at age of 15 or 16? this was during the mid to late PlayStation 2 era. & original  PlayStation 3 and the original model Xbox 360 age.

Before my teens I would watch the Nintendo 64 being played at various friends houses. I grew up on the PC, and a little on the original Gameboy and SEGA Game Gear :)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

pzeke

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2019, 12:14:49 pm »
For me would be the NES Super Mario Bros. trilogy, Super Mario World, and Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, Mega Man X, StarFox, Pokémon Red, Yellow, Gold, and Stadium, The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening, Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid, Twisted Metal 2, and The Legend of Dragoon.

Those are the ones that come to mind without scouring the deepest corners of my brain.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

wartoy

PRO Supporter

IllRe: Nostalgic games
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2019, 05:33:29 pm »
I'll try to keep it limited
1.Adventure atari 2600 first time experiencing a game with a ending instead of just a high score.
2.Legend of Zelda Nes.
3.Shining Force ll genesis first strategy game.
4.Link to the past snes.
5.Vay sega cd first time hearing voice acting in game.
6.Resident Evil ps1 first horror game.
7.Final Fantasy 7 ps1
8.Gran Turismo 3 ps2
9.Wind Waker game cube
10.Halo xbox