Author Topic: Off The Wall Question: Do You Think Someone Could Have The Nerve To Buy To Ruin  (Read 4312 times)

(edit)This is a really stupid question but I wanted to hear your thoughts on this

I am angry just thinking about, but I have seen and heard it to be true for some people

I've seen photos before of a Music artist burning their own records in a fire, and this is one of my biggest fears with retro video games that can be bought up really cheap by someone who could care less about games. then set on fire or put into a microwave or even turned into a coffee table or drink coaster, after all someone who works for the
modern gaming industry may have already thought of this.

There is even a way on Google that tells you how to exactly destroy CD, by heating them in a microwave for 30 seconds

I know this sounds crazy but people have done worse things, there is even a song done by Coldplay band song call
 "A Rush Of Blood To The Head" where some of  the lyrics are I'm gonna buy this place just to watch it burn.

I know that plastic is toxic to burn but CD's can be destroyed without fire
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 11:01:06 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

One guy already tried with amiibo.

Warmsignal

Yeah, it was called Smash my Xbox dot com. Turned into a whole thing where people buy a new and popular game console just to smash it. Why? It gets attention, it gets them hits. They can monetize it in some cases and make more money than they spent on the item they destroyed. There used to be a whole channel called "will it blend?" where they just put anything you could think of in a blender. It was a popular show.

So yeah, people will definitely destroy vintage games and merchandise. I've seen it done before. On a recent episode of AVGN, James Rolfe actually destroyed an Amiga CD-32 console, which is considered a very rare classic game console, with an actual flame thrower.

AVGN never actually destroys anything of value.  It’s either repros or cowboy switches usually.

But yes there are people that would destroy something on purpose, but almost never anything actually valuable.

tripredacus

The first example of this I can remember, was someone bought some hard to find Transformers toy and run it over with his car.

Warmsignal

AVGN never actually destroys anything of value.  It’s either repros or cowboy switches usually.

But yes there are people that would destroy something on purpose, but almost never anything actually valuable.

It was a real console, but supposedly a broken one. Still a waste.

mark1982

They did this with new iPhones as well. Guy in queue would get his then smash it in front of everyone else queuing up behind him. Purpose of it? no idea, maybe 10 seconds of fame on Youtube perhaps?
  l    l 

There’s this “flat earth” guy that rips up science books prior to purchase. I saw a video where he goes to Target and claims that it’s the only way you should buy them. Lol

telly

Remember when AVGN destroyed that copy of NWC ;)
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Unless the game is so uber rare that only 1-5 exist it doesnt matter too much. Even if someone massive like AVGN did something like that. Their were so many copies made of each game that you'd still be able to buy one online if you had the funds of just about anything he owns. 

But if some guy hoarded like 20,000 of the same game to destroy it.  Thatd effect prices. But at what gain to him? Unless he was investing in selling once the price inflated. To do it he has more money than we can ponder and people with money usually dont tend to be financially irresponsible to such an extent.  Most would rather sell the games.  The money drives people. Driving the price up for others is possible but would take a massive ego from essentially someone with the brain of a batman villain lol.

I really hope it doesnt happen :(