Author Topic: Odd Sized game protector boxes  (Read 1284 times)

Odd Sized game protector boxes
« on: June 18, 2019, 06:10:18 am »
I'm looking to get some odd sized game protector boxes for game boxes like: Star Fox 64, Skyward Sword (with the wiimote included), Super Mario 25 Anniversary (Wii), etc...
I can't find anything online though...
Anyone know a good site that ships these odd shaped boxes to Canada?

Thanks!!

Re: Odd Sized game protector boxes
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 08:57:07 am »
retroprotection.com has put the most effort into expanding their box sizing options- but honestly, you might be better off checking Ebay. What you're after are the true speciality, one-off size protectors, and those are very tricky to come by. What's available varies based on each seller's customer demand, and sometimes you have to know what games are the same size & buy a protector for something completely different. Ebay gives you the biggest slice of potential sellers, while allowing those sellers to list protectors under each game they fit, so you don't have to do as much legwork.

sworddude

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 11:10:15 am »
For different sizes wich only include 1 specific game there has to be some demand before they will create it

I've heard that they first have to make a mold for that specific size and that you'll need to sell around 3000 pieces to make your money back. afterwards the profits a piece will be nice since the mold can be used over and over again.

for rare items it's not profitable.

For example there is one store that sells the european panzer dragoon saga big box protector

very rare games and most outer cardboard boxes did not survive

Luckily there are more european sega saturn games with this formate such as enemy zero riven kof 95. problem is all also pretty rare. could be a problem to make a profit on those even if your the only seller.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 04:34:40 pm »
Ah! Ok, thanks guys!

The reason why I'm asking is that I saw a youtube video by Kelsey Lewin (I think) and she mentioned odd box protectors and said she would put the link in the description but I didn't see it.  And I can't remember the video anymore.

Thanks again for the replies!

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 05:04:20 am »
I usually keep most of the plastic wrap on mine and just find a clever way to snip and slip the games out to play before I have the chance to box em. Though there's one game that is KILLER to find a box for. Sad to say I'm defeated every time I try and look for one.

That aside, ive actually met Kelsey Lewin once. Really fun lady.