Author Topic: How Many Think When You Are So Bad At A Certain Game It's Hilarious  (Read 1474 times)

After loosing countless time on Mortal Kombat II on Midway Arcade Treasures 2 (compilation) for the PlayStation 2 on unlimited continues

I only picked Sub Zero like 100 or more times I was not counting. but after losing so much it started to make me crack up, and I kept picking only 1 fighter over and over again, At first I was trying to study the CPUs pattern and I was never really playing to win this game, the gaming session started to get hilarious. I made it past at least 3 or 4 fighters never really trying to win, since early mortal Kombat games really don't give you anything for beating the game anyway.

Another question is wanted to ask is do you sometimes just play a game not to win and only to make yourself laugh? :)

I'm great at a few of the other Mortal Kombat games but never the 2nd one or 3rd one
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 08:32:49 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: How Many Think When You Are So Bad At A Certain Game It's Hilarious
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 10:48:23 am »
Absolutely!

I tried playing Harvest Moon 64 years ago, and mind you I'd never played a game in the series before. So I start the game and of course you start with barely any money to get your farm started. I go to some market and spend all my money on some seeds that I intend to plant and start my farm, except there's one problem; I don't know how to plant the seeds. I try pressing several buttons, nothing is working. Instead of doing the sensible thing and looking online how to do it, I instead continue trying buttons until I literally throw all my seeds into the air, and poof, they're gone! I sat there in silence with my mouth agape as my only chance at survival was literally blown into the wind. My girlfriend who was sitting next to me at the time burst out laughing and I couldn't help laughing at my epic failure as well. I haven't returned to a Harvest Moon game since....

shadowzero

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 06:51:05 pm »
Getting humbled, thats what I call it.  Happened a TON during the days of renting a NES game for the weekend with NO manual and only the absurd box art to go by.  There were two games I recall vividly that only on the fifth and final day of rental I accidentally figured out that by pressing and holding the B button while in the air Uncle Scrooge would use his cane as a pogo stick!!!  Or by jumping atop a flying egg from Brido and pressing B you could pick up the egg OUT OF THE AIR and throw it back at him.  Yeah, before the internet manuals were awesome!  Too bad most rental places didn't include any info.  Now in modern times I get stumped all the time, but not like the old days!

kypherion

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 08:32:55 pm »
Basically me at Starcraft II or Metal Gear.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

kashell

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 10:20:23 am »
Jet Grind Radio. I'm so bad at this game it's funny. But, I still manage to have a good time.

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 02:55:15 pm »
Puyo Puyo for me. I actually don't mind the game, I'm just absurdly bad at it. A friend and I play Mean Bean Machine pretty often and we play just to laugh at how quickly it takes him to beat me.

And Mega Man (take your pick). I just don't get it. I'm playing through Dark Souls right now and feeling pretty good. Early Castlevania, meh, I'm alright. But Mega Man 1, hours to get through a stage. Only ever beaten three of the bosses. Photographed my first boss defeat screen and sent to a friend to prove that I'm officially a gamer now, not some casual scum (truth... still casual scum).

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 04:10:21 pm »
Puyo Puyo for me. I actually don't mind the game, I'm just absurdly bad at it. A friend and I play Mean Bean Machine pretty often and we play just to laugh at how quickly it takes him to beat me.

And Mega Man (take your pick). I just don't get it. I'm playing through Dark Souls right now and feeling pretty good. Early Castlevania, meh, I'm alright. But Mega Man 1, hours to get through a stage. Only ever beaten three of the bosses. Photographed my first boss defeat screen and sent to a friend to prove that I'm officially a gamer now, not some casual scum (truth... still casual scum).

You're not scum. I myself am a casual gamer, as for mega man 1 I beat all except for 2 bosses in less than one hour only on easy mode and emulated with the Mega Man Anniversary Collection for the PS2. I could not finish Ice Man or Gut Man due to not being able to get through the stages platforming guessing in both Ice man and Gut Man stage

Being a hard core gamer takes time and patience lots of time and especially patience and in my case good mental and physical health and a clean game room. trust me if the game room is not clean bugs will make you itch every 5 seconds.

and a good shower. But if you are in pain that also can jinx your gaming

« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 04:12:30 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"