Author Topic: Turbo Grafx-16 Mini Game List Announced!!  (Read 9015 times)

azure

Re: Turbo Grafx-16 Mini Game List Announced!!
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2019, 01:52:53 am »
Looking forward to picking this up and experiencing some PC Engine games for the first time. Always wanted to try the port of Splatterhouse, but I guess I'll have to wait for a mod. Would be stellar if they translated some of the PCE titles like Snatcher, but definitely not holding my breath.

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2019, 08:14:40 pm »
Never played the TG-16 or any of its iterations. I've been curious about the games for a few years though. I love the SNES and Genesis systems. Would this be a good purchase for someone like me?

kypherion

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2019, 09:11:13 pm »
I'd get a japanese one for Rondo of Blood...
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2019, 12:45:56 am »
Im amazed buy their list of games I can't wait im in.

ferraroso

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2019, 07:46:26 am »
Just preordered the Turbografx-16 version.

If it delivers what it has being promissing, it may very easily be the best of these mini consoles to date!

kashell

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2019, 08:25:44 am »
I'm definitely interested. It's one of those consoles that slipped under my radar.

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2019, 09:07:56 am »
Seems the white PC Engine version is for Japan, the Core Grafx for Europe, and the Turbografx-16 for North America.

I preordered the Core Grafx version. Was considering the Turbografx-16 one but since it seems they're all identical as far as the games included, and since I live in Europe, I went for the most straightforward option.
Shame they didn't do a PC Engine Shuttle version, would have totally gotten that :)

ferraroso

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2019, 09:38:38 am »

Actually, both the Japanese and North American consoles will include all the 50 games announced, so you are free choose whatever version suits your personal taste better.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2019, 11:20:04 am »
Did anyone get one preordered?  It never showed available on my amazon

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2019, 12:03:19 pm »
Did anyone get one preordered?  It never showed available on my amazon

Preorders still have not gone live yet. The page went up last night, but nothing has happened with it yet. I checked a few sources that seem to confirm this. Supposedly the preorders will go live at some point today, but it's anyone's guess what time. I'm checking every 20 minutes or so.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QD9GQ9J

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2019, 12:41:37 pm »
I’ve been trying...
They still have it on Amazon Japan as of now, but my account login doesn’t work for that site.
It finally popped up in the US list and it says unavailable.
Was worth a try I guess. I signed up for the waiting list.
The only online preorder I’ve ever been successful with was the gun grey Metal Gear PS3.

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2019, 12:49:45 pm »
I’ve been trying...
They still have it on Amazon Japan as of now, but my account login doesn’t work for that site.
It finally popped up in the US list and it says unavailable.
Was worth a try I guess. I signed up for the waiting list.
The only online preorder I’ve ever been successful with was the gun grey Metal Gear PS3.

It's unavailable because it hasn't gone live yet with preorders. It should open up sometime today.

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2019, 01:27:10 pm »

Actually, both the Japanese and North American consoles will include all the 50 games announced, so you are free choose whatever version suits your personal taste better.

Just a clarification per the announcement (https://www.konami.com/games/pcemini/us/en/) - You are not getting both versions of these games, in case that is what anyone is thinking.  It will only come with the Japanese version of the PC Engine games, so unless you are fluent in Japanese, that makes stuff like Snatcher pointless.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are patches or updates at a later time, but right now that's what Konami is saying.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 01:31:57 pm by Cartagia »

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2019, 02:01:43 pm »
I had no interest in other mini consoles, mainly because I already owned the games on them that I wanted, in some cases multiple times over.

This one, I’m excited for.
Never owned a TG16 so it would be a fresh experience. REALLY hoping for some kind of translation for Snatcher.

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2019, 04:57:38 pm »
For those interested (TG-16 was my first ever console, so the nostalgia alone made this a must for me), the PC Engine Mini variant differs from the CoreGrafx and TG-16 Minis in two important ways:

1) It comes with Tokemeki Memorial (a Japanese language dating sim) INSTEAD of Salamander
2) The controller it comes with does not have the turbo switches, but you can buy additional controllers that come with them.
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)