Author Topic: Turbo Grafx-16 Mini Game List Announced!!  (Read 9035 times)

Re: Turbo Grafx-16 Mini Game List Announced!!
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2019, 07:53:51 pm »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2019, 09:28:31 pm »
And mine is ordered. I’ve never played any TG-16. I have a console (thanks to soera), but I haven’t ever found a game!  I’m pumped for this one!

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2019, 11:50:47 pm »
Got mine ordered!!
Really looking forward to this.

kashell

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2019, 08:05:22 am »
I got one pre-ordered! I'm really excited; it feels like a part of gaming history that I completely missed.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2019, 08:14:41 am »
I got one pre-ordered! I'm really excited; it feels like a part of gaming history that I completely missed.

That’s what I’m thinking!  I missed out on a Turbo completely. It’s time to play new/retro games!

telly

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2019, 08:48:56 am »
Ahh I want oneee but $100  :'(
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Flashback2012

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2019, 09:04:27 am »

That’s what I’m thinking!  I missed out on a Turbo completely. It’s time to play new/retro games!

It's genuinely nice to see so many people excited for the Turbo and how this will be their first chance to play a lot of these games. A part of me has to wonder if no one bought and/or remembered there being an extensive library of TG/PCE games on the Wii's Virtual Console? I'd like to think that those games being on there helped pave the way for this unit's release. If not, it's still nice to see that 30 years later, the system has some relevance to it and hasn't been consigned to the gaming abyss.

One mild concern I personally have as someone still looking for original software is the hope that this unit's release doesn't make already sky high prices even higher. Outside of lottery winnings, some games are already well out of reach like US Magical Chase and Dynastic Hero but I still hold out hope I can find Blazing Lasers for a decent price.  ;)

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2019, 01:44:55 pm »
The games on the mini might drop in price due to people not wanting the extra copy.
I hear you on the increase of others though. Might spark some popularity.

telly

« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2019, 03:34:57 pm »
Do we know if the NES/SNES classic changed the prices on any games at all?
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

tpugmire

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2019, 05:24:33 pm »
Has anyone heard about extra controllers / turbo taps being available after it comes out?  All I can find is the white ones from HORI.  I hope someone comes up with an adapter to use original controllers. Also, any word on controller cable length?  The originals were pretty short.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2019, 04:18:13 pm »

It’s hard to tell if the Classics caused it, but most of the games on these classic systems have been trending down slightly.

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2019, 02:07:15 pm »

It’s hard to tell if the Classics caused it, but most of the games on these classic systems have been trending down slightly.

I think this has less to do with the Classic Mini consoles and more to do with people moving away from NES and SNES. Those consoles peaked back in 2016 and since then have been slowly trending downward overall.

sworddude

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2019, 03:25:26 pm »

I think this has less to do with the Classic Mini consoles and more to do with people moving away from NES and SNES. Those consoles peaked back in 2016 and since then have been slowly trending downward overall.

well actually the nes and snes mini had a huge impact on especially casual players who wanted to relive some memories by playing mario bros etc on an original console.

many retro stores could sell lose consoles and lose carts of mario bros etc for insane prices since there where little options and the average guy for nostalgia does not have the knowledge of emulation. prices where even more insane in certain european countries where these consoles where hardly available.

When the nes and snes mini came out those stores had lots of trouble since all those casual people bought a classic console.

In terms of real collectors less impact but the casuals for the nostalgia the people who bought the hyped common games for insane prices where no more. classic consoles where good enough for them

Not worth the effiort to spend allot and to bother getting an old tv or lesser image quality. one of the bigger retro stores in my country mentioned this before closing down and many of their competitors  at the countries where supply was very hard to keep in stock and people paid insane money for very common games. when classic consoles got nice supply these stores profits dropped by allot very few stores staid open since it's not that profitable anymore.

This was for europe but I am sure also in the USA something like this has happened to the casual people who just wanted to play some games from back in the day wich are the crowds who buy the games for (way) above ebay value.

cib was less effected by classic consoles since it was not only purchased for gameplay only and supply is very mediocre.

also the release date of the nes mini was 2016 and sales for those stores for the popular games went downhill after that. that the peak was at 2016 was no coincidence. classic consoles had quite an impact on even the bigger retro stores since so many customers left when supply got better in 2017. lose carts and consoles are the main potatoes for most retro stores. cib just a fraction. not that much stuff out there to keep the lights on for most.

I'm not to sure if the turbografx mini will have any impact on the collectors market since very few people played turbografx games back in the day. 99% serious collectors who are intereste few people for nostalgia and supply is very bad. no comparison to the market of nintendo wich was pricy even when supply is pretty nice for especially common good stuff.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 03:58:08 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

Flashback2012

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2019, 08:06:20 am »