Author Topic: What Does Everyone Think of the Nintendo Switch Lite?  (Read 5906 times)

Re: What Does Everyone Think of the Nintendo Switch Lite?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2019, 12:20:46 pm »
I'm kind of undecided. I like the portability and the price which sounds reasonable to me but on the other hand I really miss the docking port or at least a measly HDMI port to get the picture on the TV. I refused to buy a Switch and was hoping for a cheaper portable-only version but with a video-out port - this comes close but the most important feature for me is missing. Bummer.
I'll see if I'm getting more attracted by it over the next months...

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2019, 01:29:59 pm »
I am waiting to hear if we can access our Nintendo Account on the Switch Lite (unlikely, because you can't do that at current), but if you can I would be all about having a dedicated handheld and dedicated console version in my house.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2019, 09:33:06 pm »
I hope someone enjoys it. I’ll stick with my OG Switch.

But like my Grand Pappy always said, “ To each his own, provolone.”

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2019, 09:40:18 pm »
I am waiting to hear if we can access our Nintendo Account on the Switch Lite (unlikely, because you can't do that at current), but if you can I would be all about having a dedicated handheld and dedicated console version in my house.
What do you mean by accessing a Nintendo Account? Like viewing a list of games tied to the account?

aliensstudios

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2019, 06:50:15 pm »
What do you mean by accessing a Nintendo Account? Like viewing a list of games tied to the account?
I think he means being able to pay once for software and having it available on both systems and being able to use the cloud saves on both interchangeably so you can keep your saves on both consoles, updated in real time.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

thewizardcraft

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2019, 10:59:54 am »
It Has Potential! Lets Hope They Don't Ruin It!

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2019, 01:54:07 pm »
Im definitely preordering one

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2019, 09:12:28 pm »
I think its a great idea for people who want a cheap switch. Personally I can't stand the switch though (truly regret buying one because I barely touch the damn thing).

sworddude

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2019, 11:34:28 am »
As a lifelong Nintendo hater myself, I see it as one of the most worthless pieces of hardware one could purchase.

With the money someone would spend on a Switch Lite plus a set of Joy Cons, he or she could be buying a brand new Switch "Fat" with larger screen, detachable controllers and TV connectivity...
So, for me, buying a smaller version of the Switch (which is already a portable console in itself), that lacks Joy Cons and the ability to be connected to a TV seems to be a terrible waste of money (and this comes from someone who pre-ordered the PlayStation Classic).

But since it is Nintendo, OF COURSE PEOPLE WILL BUY IT.

do you hate nintendo games in general or do you hate how nintendo is so overhyped compared to other consoles.

I was always a sony hater myself but not anymore since many games are pretty solid or the kind of games that one would find on nintendo consoles.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2019, 11:30:26 am »
I won't be getting one, but it's a nice option for people who primarily game portable only, or for people that have to share a TV in the household.

I've never been a handheld gamer, always preferring console gaming.

I'll stick with the fully fleshed out model, thank you very much. Or I might wait until a Nintendo Switch "Pro" model comes out.