Author Topic: Have You Ever Memorized All The Combos In Any Fighting Game  (Read 3978 times)

Have You Ever Memorized All The Combos In Any Fighting Game
« on: August 20, 2019, 07:04:36 am »
Me? not yet

(Back story)

Some fighting video games, actually have a practice mode where the game tells you what all the combos are. and you can get a chance to master all the combos, without looking on the internet. and the best game for that is  in my opinion is Mortal Kombat 4 for Nintendo 64 or PlayStation 1.

I highly recommend playing Mortal Kombat 4. it is best played with the PlayStation controllers, in my opinion. Unlike earlier mortal kombat games, MK4 is the only one I ever been able to be a decent at, because MK4, that game rewards the aggressive player, and not just the player that is the smartest, or knows all the combos,

Mortal Kombat II is the worst in my opinion because the AI keeps using unfair tactics against the player, and the all ports of this game I played has a delay on hitting the opponent and vary poor hit detection for all players. but the same hit detection seems to not apply to the AI,

In my opinion MK2 is even bad for player vs player, because of poor hit detection and even them gameplay is vary unbalanced

In other words I can play and enjoy Mortal Kombat 4 above all the rest
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 07:06:38 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

kashell

Re: Have You Ever Memorized All The Combos In Any Fighting Game
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 08:12:29 am »
I used to know some BnB combos for games like Guilty Gear and BlazBlue.

Now, I've forgotten them since I don't play those anymore. In Samurai Shodown, there really aren't combos since it's more of a game of keep away. I much prefer it that way.

stealthrush

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 05:24:48 pm »
I memorized most effective combos for the characters I play in fighting games, not all of the roster though. Several fighting games from Garou, Kof 2K2, SF III Third Strike, RB Fatal Fury Special, Guilty Gear X2, for example.

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 05:45:59 pm »
Nope, I just button mash. My reflexes aren't so fast anymore....but I can mash.

sworddude

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 06:18:35 pm »
nope for the simple fact that every fighting game has some characters in it that I dislike and don't want to use.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2019, 07:54:08 pm »
Nope, I just button mash. My reflexes aren't so fast anymore....but I can mash.

One of the biggest reasons why I enjoyed playing mortal kombat 4 for the original PlayStation console was because of exactly what you've said. With that game you can win by button mashing or and knowing the combos, but I never had enough reflexes to ever pull off any fatalities. Most of the regular combos in that game will also work just fine and some only require pushing 3 buttons fast. in which, that speciffic MK game plays fair and gives you a chance to do that

That game actually has 10 or more difficulty combinations to suite anyone's taste

One of my favorite things to do in that game is to jump flip right into the opponents face and rough them up, in which is actually impossible to do in most of the earlier Mortal Kombat games, except for the original Game Boy version of Mortal Kombat

nope for the simple fact that every fighting game has some characters in it that I dislike and don't want to use.

Some fighting games do have some stupid characters, I hate clown fighters they just piss me off in a lot of fighting games because a lot of clowns are created to be vary cheap and are eyesores to look at, I completely get what your saying.

But in a more mature video game I would like to play all the fighters just for the experience because sometimes different fighters can have alternative endings if you win
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 08:00:17 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 12:06:51 am »
Definitely not! The best I ever got at a fighting game was Marvel vs. Capcom 2 back when I was about 14 or so. Even then I mostly just strategically button bashed with a few characters and was able to beat most people lol

mastodon

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2019, 05:00:33 am »
Street Fighter II, MK, and MK II. I used to know it all.

mark1982

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2019, 10:24:27 am »
Tekken is a good fighting game to memorize the combos for since they are practically same basics from the first one up until now.

I used to play a lot of Street Fighter 4 competitively, brought my arcade fight stick to events, heh. Good times! Also played quite a bit of Mortal Kombat X online on Xbox Live.

For older games, mainly Street Fighter III and the Alpha series that if I just turned them on now, I could still pull off some pretty mean combos due to muscle memory ;D
  l    l 

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2019, 02:21:52 pm »
I loved Mortal Kombat II.

It's my favorite Mortal Kombat game. Loved it in the arcades, loved it on the SNES.

As for mastering every combo, I only master every combo for certain characters in  game. Street Fighter II: Champion Edition comes to mind.

I mastered all the combos for my favorite fighters, Ryu and Ken.

dreama1

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2019, 01:47:40 am »
If you can win a fighting game by button mashing it's shit in my eyes. I always thought the hudukan was invented to prevent anyone from trying that. So if they start doing some dumb low kick 500 times you can just toasty their face with a hudukan.

mastodon

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2019, 02:37:28 am »
I loved Mortal Kombat II.

It's my favorite Mortal Kombat game. Loved it in the arcades, loved it on the SNES.

As for mastering every combo, I only master every combo for certain characters in  game. Street Fighter II: Champion Edition comes to mind.

I mastered all the combos for my favorite fighters, Ryu and Ken.

Try MK2 on Sega Saturn

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2019, 09:03:19 am »
If you can win a fighting game by button mashing it's shit in my eyes. I always thought the hudukan was invented to prevent anyone from trying that. So if they start doing some dumb low kick 500 times you can just toasty their face with a hudukan.

I see exact what you mean against a person but

If you want to play the CPU you should be able increase the difficulty,. When I play a fighting video game I want to be able to actually fight, and knock up my opponent. when I feel like it.

I hate it when I can't even pull off one single move when the CPU or the one I'm playing against is just shooting fireball after fireball, while I can't move and am stuck in a corner,

and if I want to shoot a fireball back at the opponent I need a chance to successfully pull off my own fireball combo I.

I use button mashing when I'm learning how to play on a lower difficulty, I prefer the option to increase the difficulty if and when I get better at the combos, and MK4 lets me do that, I played a lot of other fighting games in my life including Tekken 3 and Street Fighter II turbo and even Soulcalibur II all of which are good in my opinion
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 09:11:56 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

azure

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2019, 02:26:05 am »
I used to be pretty good at Blazblue/Guilty Gear. Picked up a few BnB combos for my mains and made a few of my own. Probably not too competitive these days though, just play for fun.

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2019, 08:35:17 pm »
Memorized moves combos etc. on these games:
Street Fighter II Champion Edition, Super Street Fighter II, Alpha and Alpha 2
Mortal Kombat 1, 2 and 3
Tekken 3

I lost some interest in the newer fighting games because I haven’t built a controller yet. The latest one I built was on the 360. It seams like the newer Mortal Kombats are geared towards standard controls with heavy use on the shoulder button to dodge etc. The double tap dodge doesn’t feel quick enough on a joystick like in Tekken. I use to do a lot of SF IV and Tekken 6, but never memorized everything.
In my opinion, Mortal Kombat 4 was my least favorite. Every character...HP, HP, HK, B+HK. Switch out the last HK for an uppercut to juggle. Gets really repetitive. I stopped playing that after I saw all the endings.