Author Topic: Have You Ever Had To Re-Learn or Master A Video Game Over From Scratch?  (Read 1040 times)

When it came to my golf video game collection for the PlayStation 2 I had to relearn to master how to play this one game in the EA Sports Tiger Woods PGA Tour  from scratch at least 3 times in my memory, I probably played this game for over about 7 years on and off and still have not complected of unlocked everything there is to completion

I keep forgetting how to play each release for this franchise probably because every game is different and I never stick with one single game.

currently I am trying to get further than I ever gotten before on one of these games but I also jump between games in this franchise, and by playing other Tiger Woods games other then one, this could be the reason why I have not mastered any one of this game in this series. But sometimes it seems like I'm good at this game only sometimes and sometimes I suck at this game even after I played it just yesterday it seems.

How many of you stick with one game for so long and then forget how to play another game or jump between games so fast you forget how to play the other. OR? do you just complete a game once and never return to it?

A good note is this may be because I play a lot of sports games and I might be having a learning curve issue but I don't know for sure. You need to know that not every sports game is the same especially when it comes to the Tiger Woods Franchise for PlayStation 1 2 and 3 also xbox xbox360 or gamecube
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 09:09:04 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Have You Ever Had To Re-Learn or Master A Video Game Over From Scratch?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 09:59:30 am »
There have been a handful of games I could ever consider myself to have mastered. I guess one that comes to mind is Marvel vs Capcom 2; I was a boss at this game when I was about 14. I jumped back into it in my early 20s and I was about 20% as good as I used to be. I probably got about halfway to my former skill level before I stopped playing it again.

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 12:21:27 pm »
I can't say I've ever 'mastered' a game, only to forget it later- the games I usually play aren't twitchy, typically, so once I remember the controls it's fine. Sometimes I think I'm not as good at Elite Beat Agents as I once was (rhythm titles are the only twitchy ones I get into), but then I remember the hours of sitting at the table, playing the same stage over & over for that perfect score, and I know it's not that I was ever that good- just that I got lucky on one run.

I did once randomly & briefly become good at a game. Columns was one of the first two game we got for the Genesis when I was a kid. I was never very good at it- maybe get to level 20ish before it was too fast to handle. Then I got my PlayStation & put the genesis aside for awhile. I come back to it years later- and suddenly I'm a savant. Level 70-90 is my new norm. I don't even know how I'm doing it, it just happens. After awhile of enjoying the sudden skill, I put the game away again. Went back it later, and it's gone. I'm still better than as a kid, but now I top out around level 50 or so. Really kind of weird. I haven't played it years again, perhaps I should try it and see where I sit now.

mark1982

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 11:15:10 am »
I foresee when I hop back into Monster Hunter Iceborn. I can say it's probably one of the more intricate modern games that I have played this gen, controls wise and inventory management during combat. After you get a hang of it, it's smooth sailing, but getting into the rhythm of it takes a little while after playing other games.

But it must be done! :P such a good game..
  l    l 

tripredacus

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 12:24:21 pm »
Only long breaks from Quake 3 (currently on one) where I lose the muscle memory.

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2019, 12:29:18 pm »
I had to when I played Mega Man Legacy Collection on Gamecube.

For those not in the know, the Gamecube version switched the shooting and jump buttons from the NES originals.

I got rid of that version and got the PS2 version instead.

pzeke

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2019, 09:37:58 am »
Yeah. I would shamelessly say that with most games for me this almost always happens. After a while I will get the hang of it and remember and play as I used to. I’m the kind of gamer that plays the same game for a long period of time until I complete it, or I feel I have completed it enough.

I did once randomly & briefly become good at a game. Columns was one of the first two game we got for the Genesis when I was a kid. I was never very good at it- maybe get to level 20ish before it was too fast to handle. Then I got my PlayStation & put the genesis aside for awhile. I come back to it years later- and suddenly I'm a savant. Level 70-90 is my new norm. I don't even know how I'm doing it, it just happens. After awhile of enjoying the sudden skill, I put the game away again. Went back it later, and it's gone. I'm still better than as a kid, but now I top out around level 50 or so. Really kind of weird. I haven't played it years again, perhaps I should try it and see where I sit now.

Yeah, this is me, but with Tetris. I haven’t played a Tetris game in a good while, though.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!