Author Topic: Secret Santa 2019: Interest Check  (Read 4519 times)

Re: Secret Santa 2019: Interest Check
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2019, 03:19:58 pm »
I'm in for this year.

telly

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2019, 11:03:29 am »
Seems like we have enough interest, no? I don't know how many people we're shooting for but I would think even 5-6 would be sufficient.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2019, 11:12:55 am »
I think it also depends on domestic/international accounts.  I normally wouldn't be in if I don't have the option to not do international... but I suppose I could do like my SS did and just drop ship stuff from a local site (Amazon UK and stuff for international folks)

Flashback2012

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2019, 12:18:04 pm »
Updated list.

Let's keep this up till the end of the week or so (month ends on Tuesday) for anyone who was on the fence.

Seems like we have enough interest, no? I don't know how many people we're shooting for but I would think even 5-6 would be sufficient.

It may not be as many names as in years past but I think there's sufficient support to make it happen.  ;)

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2019, 03:46:37 pm »

(i'll let adminstrators edit post the following because I'm confused)
(edit) don't message anyone because we don't know who is running this event the following is a guess

Some of the members may not know what Secret Santa is, we have lots of forum attenders there is thousands of members. But Even I don't think I know exact how it works. But I'll make a guess by how it sounds.

I guess it about everyone involved both buying as well as receiving gifts from someone on the list.  who is a attender of the forums

Everyone involved needs remember to  send PM/message their wishlists to @Soera @tpugmire or another voltary site administrator on this list in the first post

Secret Santa attenders are given a list by an administer of this site. through a PM message. A list of someone to buy gifts for? then everyone on the list tries to get everyone whatever is on their chosen persons wishlists? from a random person

for those who are involved I would suggest not being cheap on your person. Remember it's not only about you getting the gifts is also about giving gifts to another member

I love this idea, but lets face it, sometimes a package can get lost in transit or stolen off a doorstep I  even have an outside room in my house but sometimes the post person leaves the package outside exposed to the elements and out in the open. I never had a package stolen personally but if I was in a bad it would have happen to me I'm sure of it.

click the third to the right icon on under @soera @tpugmire to get your wishlists ready. but again I may not know everything.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 04:26:17 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2019, 04:05:58 pm »
Oldgamerz please do not volunteer people to do work or have messages sent to them for this community event.  One of the people you mentioned specifically stated they do not want to do so this year.

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2019, 04:15:06 pm »
Oldgamerz please do not volunteer people to do work or have messages sent to them for this community event.  One of the people you mentioned specifically stated they do not want to do so this year.

(edit)
sorry I caught my mistake
I just scratched @soera's name
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 04:21:00 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2019, 04:21:09 pm »

I never said anything about doing work, I was only trying to explain what I thought it was. sorry I don't understand what your saying, I am not involved this year I already stated that please be more clear

(edit)
I just scratched @soera's name

Do not tell anyone to message anyone.  As stated in this thread we do not know who will be running this event - if it even happens.

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2019, 05:39:39 pm »
I thought an idea of trading games with one another, instead of buying everything new we could somehow trade? there could also be an item limit for all members in this list to follow? instead of an entire list, their could be a favorite candy bar along with a game or two. if I could trade something in or buy only one or two items and a candy bar for someone I would, but I am not in this year, because I am unsure of everything.

a price limit would not work out, everything is different in price but an item limit might work out,
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 05:42:02 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

telly

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2019, 05:46:22 pm »
I thought an idea of trading games with one another, instead of buying everything new we could somehow trade? there could also be an item limit for all members in this list to follow? instead of an entire list, their could be a favorite candy bar along with a game or two. if I could trade something in or buy only one or two items and a candy bar for someone I would, but I am not in this year, because I am unsure of everything.

a price limit would not work out, everything is different in price but an item limit might work out,

You don't have to buy new games, or buy anything at all for that matter. If you have an extra copy of a game that someone wants of course you can have that be part of your gift. The problem with trading though is a). Some people don't own any duplicate games, and b). The games you send have to be something your recipient actually wants.

I do think we could try doing the budget in a different way. Maybe a person's gift should value a certain amount rather than going by a $50 budget or whatever. Maybe use pricecharting as an objective measure.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2019, 07:38:55 pm »
I definitely want to participate this year for sure :).   I keep missing the deadline date every year.  I'm not sure how it works but i'm excited to try.   

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2019, 08:36:08 am »
tbh, if you're concerned that you can't afford to send out $50 worth of stuff in some fashion, you really shouldn't be taking part.

Flashback2012

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2019, 09:56:43 am »
(i'll let adminstrators edit post the following because I'm confused)
(edit) don't message anyone because we don't know who is running this event the following is a guess

Some of the members may not know what Secret Santa is, we have lots of forum attenders there is thousands of members. But Even I don't think I know exact how it works. But I'll make a guess by how it sounds.

I guess it about everyone involved both buying as well as receiving gifts from someone on the list.  who is a attender of the forums

Everyone involved needs remember to  send PM/message their wishlists to @Soera @tpugmire or another voltary site administrator on this list in the first post

Secret Santa attenders are given a list by an administer of this site. through a PM message. A list of someone to buy gifts for? then everyone on the list tries to get everyone whatever is on their chosen persons wishlists? from a random person

for those who are involved I would suggest not being cheap on your person. Remember it's not only about you getting the gifts is also about giving gifts to another member

I love this idea, but lets face it, sometimes a package can get lost in transit or stolen off a doorstep I  even have an outside room in my house but sometimes the post person leaves the package outside exposed to the elements and out in the open. I never had a package stolen personally but if I was in a bad it would have happen to me I'm sure of it.

click the third to the right icon on under @soera @tpugmire to get your wishlists ready. but again I may not know everything.

Guy, we're not even off the ground yet as this is still an interest check. Please do NOT name drop anyone or instruct people to send them PMs. We've still got about a week or so to go to figure out who all wants to participate, we'll figure out who runs who, what, when and where at the appropriate time.

Warmsignal

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2019, 12:09:12 pm »
Hey guys, bare in mind, use good old fashion led pencil to paper, make sure it's perfectly legible, and write your wish list to Mr. Claus.

His address is - P.O. Box 1, Santa Claus, IN 47579

He'll be picking up the letters by mid-December or so, he's running on a tight schedule this year so don't shuffle your feet. If you've been a good little boy or girl, he just might get you that Stadium Events, or that Panzer Dragoon Saga you've always wanted. Be on your best behavior, and Flashback you're already getting a Shaq Fu for the use of that swear word in your post.

See you guys this Xmas, I'm stoked!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 12:28:43 pm by Warmsignal »

Flashback2012

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2019, 12:32:54 pm »
Hey guys, bare in mind, use good old fashion led pencil to paper, make sure it's perfectly legible, and write your wish list to Mr. Claus.

His address is - P.O. Box 1, Santa Claus, IN 47579

He'll be picking up the letters by mid-December or so, he's running on a tight schedule this year so don't shuffle your feet. If you've been a good little boy or girl, he just might get you that Stadium Events, or that Panzer Dragoon Saga you've always wanted. Be on your best behavior, and Flashback you're already getting a Shaq Fu for the use of that swear word in your post.

See you guys this Xmas, I'm stoked!

Shaq Fu?!  :o I didn't know Santa loved me that much!  ;D

I've actually been to Santa Claus, IN to visit Holiday World. It's a great little park with excellent use of the the holiday themes. I need to go back sometime.  :)