Author Topic: Secret Santa 2019: Interest Check  (Read 4540 times)

Re: Secret Santa 2019: Interest Check
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2019, 10:17:19 am »
Here a couple of issues I see with allowing a "Whatever is fine, except..." type of request (copied from last years thread):

• The gifter is out shopping, and sees a game they think their receiver might like.  They were told "or something I don't have", so they check the PS4 collection, and the game isn't there.  However, the receiver already has that game on XB1.  Some collectors may be fine with this.  Others may consider it a duplicate from the collection.
  • This was precisely why I stuck exactly to the Wish List - also my receivers collection was massive and just to find if they had a title while out at a shop would have taken forever.  Consider this another request for being able to search within a collection.
Yeah, I'm guilty of this.  Massive collection, always but the something I don't have, and would prefer to not get games I have on other platforms.

Also, absolutely need that search within collection feature.

telly

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2019, 10:24:29 am »
For me I have a sizable wishlist, and I'm sure it might make people feel discouraged trying to pick out a game from a list of 400+. That's why I trim it down to a list of 20 or so so there's still some surprise.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2019, 10:30:52 am »
For me I have a sizable wishlist, and I'm sure it might make people feel discouraged trying to pick out a game from a list of 400+. That's why I trim it down to a list of 20 or so so there's still some surprise.
Personally I like seeing such a big list because it gives me options... but that's me.

telly

« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2019, 10:39:51 am »
Yeah, I give people the option to use both. Folks might have an extra copy of something on my wishlist lying around so it saves spending more money or whatever :)

That reminds me, I should review and update my wishlist at some point before we get started.
Currently Playing:

« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2019, 11:58:22 am »
Yeah, I give people the option to use both. Folks might have an extra copy of something on my wishlist lying around so it saves spending more money or whatever :)

That reminds me, I should review and update my wishlist at some point before we get started.
Yeah, I might need to do that too, my wishlist is pretty small right now and I want to remove things that I might buy myself and add things that I'd like for SS that I definitely won't buy myself.  Will probably add a bunch of PEGI/CERO stuff too

telly

« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2019, 12:22:33 pm »
In the past I've had a pretty solid mix of people using either my curated or site wishlist, so I think it helps.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 12:27:22 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:

soera

« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2019, 06:18:42 pm »
Ill start the signup this weekend. :D

telly

« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2019, 11:42:20 pm »
Ill start the signup this weekend. :D

I mean we already have a sign up list already at this point no? Should we go straight to getting wishlists in?
Currently Playing:

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2019, 01:37:39 am »
Ill do it. Just going to be a bit more .. specific .. on rules this year.

Welcome back Soera. :)