Author Topic: How does everyone feel about Terry in Smash?  (Read 3472 times)

sworddude

Re: How does everyone feel about Terry in Smash?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2019, 05:21:15 am »
Super boring pick.

>:( DOWNVOTE!!  >:(

I'm of mixed feelings about him being in the game. At this point with so many guest companies having a character in the game, it's nice that SNK was invited to the table. I personally am happy he was included but could have seen if maybe Haohmaru or Nakoruru might have snuck in since they just released the new Samurai Shodown game. I'm drawing a blank on who might be more recognizable character SNK could have went with and no one is coming to mind.

Hopefully Terry's inclusion will help SNK get back to the forefront. What NEEDS to happen is they collaborate with Capcom again. They need to do three different games, a Capcom VS. SNK 3 on Switch, SNK VS. Capcom 2 on Xbox and a King of Fighters VS. Street Fighter on PS4/5.  ;D

I imagine at some point he'll get an Amiibo? I'm still rather miffed I missed out on Isabelle this last go around.  >:(
I think it says a lot that a Mii Fighter Costume is extremely more popular than a full new character.

with the online gaming community probs. but that doesn't account for the majority of fans majority not going to share their opinions online.

take smash ballot in smash 4 wii u for example for the final dlc character

Bayonetta had the most votes. by far did the online community vote for other stuff such as K rool etc nobody expected bayonetta to win but apparently in europe she was the most voted  :o

sans is more popular atm in the online gaming community. but it is understandable why terry is an actual fighters considering his legacy in SNK.

Being the main star in fatal fury and creating the king of fighters series while sans is just from an indie game that  got quite some succes.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 05:31:13 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2019, 06:45:35 am »
It's really not surprising that the Sans costume got so much hype, because Sans is popular purely because of recent meme's.  Like I love Undertale and it's amazing that a western indie game got such notable representation based on fan hype a lone, but Terry getting less attention more has to do that Terry isn't in the public consciousness as much as Sans from a newer game.  Sans is the new hotness while Terry hasn't been in major games in a little while outside of like King of Fighters 14, but Terry makes far more sense to include than Sans does for sure.

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2019, 02:36:09 pm »
I was excited when I saw the Neo Geo intro. I was hoping they'd pull a surprise and pick Geese or Mai, but relieved that it didn't go to boring old Kyo. Terry has personality at least. And he's been on the Switch already in SNK Heroines (albeit in a slightly different body  ;D )

Flashback2012

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2019, 04:26:20 pm »
I was excited when I saw the Neo Geo intro. I was hoping they'd pull a surprise and pick Geese or Mai, but relieved that it didn't go to boring old Kyo. Terry has personality at least. And he's been on the Switch already in SNK Heroines (albeit in a slightly different body  ;D )

I picked that game up on the cheap from GameStop a few months ago but haven't gotten around to trying it. I told my cousin about it who then purchased it and he told me the game "is a dumpster fire that other dumpster fires would be embarrassed to be around."  :o

Kinda curious to see who/what gets the nod for assist trophies/support characters. A Slug tank perhaps?  ;)

sworddude

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2019, 05:42:31 pm »

I picked that game up on the cheap from GameStop a few months ago but haven't gotten around to trying it. I told my cousin about it who then purchased it and he told me the game "is a dumpster fire that other dumpster fires would be embarrassed to be around."  :o

Kinda curious to see who/what gets the nod for assist trophies/support characters. A Slug tank perhaps?  ;)

snk heroines is all about the waifu's of the snk library and some made up ones like terry wich never existed in any snk games.

Gameplay wise it has been dumbed down allot with easy mechanics wich everybody could get into making the skillgap pretty minimal unlike what you would expect from an snk 2d fighting game. so I'd imagine if your really looking at gameplay many veteran fighting game players don't take this game that seriously. the game is basicly just fan service going overboard that's what you mainly pay for and probably the targetted audience.  i highly doubt terry will get his female skin in smash the game is kinda hard to consider being an actual snk game.

There is an older game like this on the neo geo pocket gals fighters with only all the snk girl fighters.

Not to sure about other games such as this that came on older consoles but i would not be suprised if there are more from the same series.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 06:13:10 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2019, 08:08:51 pm »
I'm at the point where I don't really care who they add to the game. I think all of the characters I could ever want are in it already.

I'm on the opposite end- the one character I can think of that I'd rather like to have, will never make it in. This is the conversation:
"Who do you want in Smash?"
"It'll never happen, but I'd like Klonoa."
"Who?"
"Excactly."

I don't play much Smash either though, so it's not something I'm losing sleep over.

aliensstudios

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2019, 10:19:06 pm »
I'm at the point where I don't really care who they add to the game. I think all of the characters I could ever want are in it already.

I'm on the opposite end- the one character I can think of that I'd rather like to have, will never make it in. This is the conversation:
"Who do you want in Smash?"
"It'll never happen, but I'd like Klonoa."
"Who?"
"Excactly."

I don't play much Smash either though, so it's not something I'm losing sleep over.
It seems like really any character is on the table so I don't know how much of a long shot that really is.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2019, 01:08:42 am »
My interest in new Smash fighters is really rooted in "Who could Nintendo strike a deal with that would really just make you go '____?! In *my* Nintendo game?'"

With the announcement of Doom 64 port that DoomGuy rumor train is really picking up steam...

kevininja

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2019, 04:17:20 am »
I think it's pretty damn cool! Wish they could get some Metal Slug characters in as well.

pzeke

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2019, 07:34:14 pm »
I don’t care about Super Smash Bros., but I do love Terry; he’s my favorite fighting game character (looks at avatar). I will definitely get his amiibo if he gets one.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!