Author Topic: Suggestion: Allow people to add region lock (or lack of) info in "description"  (Read 1606 times)

As multiple systems like Mega Drive or Xbox 360 have an optional region lock with some games running in all regions, selected 2 or just one single region it would be really helpful to let people put that info in description field (not to add a new field). Such information is usually hard to find online and to check before buying a new game I usually have to download a rom from certain region and check the region lock status on emulator. The same goes with Blu-Ray movies and DVDs as many BluRay's only have one region marked on the box but are actually region free or work in 2 regions.

tripredacus

Just to keep with "official" methods. If the cart actually will fit into a different country's system without using an slot adaptor or third party accessory (such as the Game Genie) and has something different, then it is fine. Same with disc based games.

Common example: Neo Geo AES [NA] cart will show "this name on title screen" when played on Japanese AES.

The point is that some systems had optional region lock and some developers chose to implement it in some games or chose not to and it's not really well documented so it would be cool if we could document it just a little bit over here.

tripredacus

Have you had tried to put this kind of information onto an entry already and it was rejected?

Can you give a specific example of a game (item in db) and what you would put into description?

Have you had tried to put this kind of information onto an entry already and it was rejected?

Can you give a specific example of a game (item in db) and what you would put into description?
360 specifically there are titles that aren't region locked.

https://www.play-asia.com/info/xbox360_compatibility_guide

tripredacus

Using the Xbox 360 example, a description could be:

"Compatible with NTSC-J, NTSC-U/C and PAL consoles"
or whichever combination applies to that entry.

OK thanks, well I have once put region info in BluRay movie description and it got removed after a while. So I'll go ahead and add that info to games I own and can verify :D