Author Topic: I work in retail (kind of - a pharmacy) and was robbed today  (Read 1537 times)

I work in retail (kind of - a pharmacy) and was robbed today
« on: October 31, 2019, 03:13:46 pm »
It sucked.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

Re: I work in retail (kind of - a pharmacy) and was robbed today
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 04:56:12 pm »
Hopefully you and everyone else is ok? Sorry for your day being bad.

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 04:57:16 pm »
Hopefully you and everyone else is ok? Sorry for your day being bad.

I was alright but my colleagues are all female and much older. The manager told me not to do anything.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 05:15:44 pm »
I'm sorry to hear that!
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

pzeke

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 07:19:25 pm »
I was alright but my colleagues are all female and much older. The manager told me not to do anything.

That's the right course of action.

Anyway, tough reading this, so I hope you and everyone else, most certainly your female co-workers are fine. Nothing worse than having to be robbed not only monetarily, but also emotionally by these type of human scourge. Even if it were a minute, it feels like an eternity in this type of situations.

So again, happy to know you're okay.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2019, 07:43:17 pm »
I had an acquaintance that actually got robbed at gunpoint while working. Guy held a shotgun to his face while he demanded the contents of the register and took off with a few high dollar items behind the counter. Luckily nothing happened to him.

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2019, 09:20:23 pm »
Glad you are still here and able to post this!

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2019, 12:07:07 pm »
Sorry to hear seether.  Was it an armed robbery or a snatch and grab?  You must be very shaken up. 

If it makes you feel better, I think almost anyone who does retail a long time.  Gets at least one robbery.   It's a sad part of our world.   In a more crime infested city.  You can expect a few a week.   The corner store near my house used to get held up at least once a week.   I asked the guy how he handled it.  And he said you get used to it.   It's actually pretty dark in a world where you get "used to" armed robberies lol. 

I hope you never experience it again.  I'm just glad you came out alive and safe.   Please always be safe and never engage them if you can avoid it.   Have a good weekend.  :)

mastodon

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2019, 03:39:11 am »
Reminds me of a movie. Ever seen Drug Store Cowboy?