Author Topic: Does Anyone Have A (Disc Replay) Store Near Them? Or Physical Store Discussion  (Read 2993 times)

Disc Replay is a used discount electronics physical store. They are new I think, and they sell Everything or at least the one in my area does. They sometimes advertise on YouTube,

You can find just about everything there video game wise, even televisions! or even funko pops! Generally if it's a console game or console itself, they have it. They are more then just a video game store.

They also pay you cash for everything you bring into their store to sell. I think that their franchise is currently successful and may be one of the last retro video game store franchises still out there. 

So if you got a Disc Replay Store in your area they are well worth it to check them out
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

We don't have a Disc Replay store near me, but we do have a similar business called 2nd and Charles which is where 90% of my retro game pickups come from these days, at least in terms of what I actually find in person. They're an okay store, they used to be way better. Unfortunately over the last year or so they've become increasingly more and more overpriced, and they don't get in nearly as much stuff a they used to. On occasion they'll get a huge trade in of retro games, typically from some collector or reseller jumping ship. Otherwise they usually get a small, but steady trickle of retro stuff in.

We used to have a store called Tradesmart that was owned by the now defunct Go Hastings, and for a few years that store was an absolute goldmine. I found some insane finds there, some of the best I've found since I began collecting. Unfortunately that store went downhill significantly after a couple good years until it eventually went under with its parent company.

We don't have one but it sounds really cool.  Especially the funko pop part.  I really love game shops that carry funko pops.  especially odd sticker varaints. :)

Only game stores near me are called "games to gold" and it's basically a pawn shop with games only.  Gamestop of course.  And a few mom and pop gamestores that are typically overpriced.  I really could use a huge retro game store in my area

Disc Replay has a few stores mostly scattered throughout Southeast Michigan, I saw on the internet they have stores in cities in the US. State of Illinois and Indiana, and from what I gather the original Disc Replay Store was in Columbus Indiana ( but not sure about Columbus Ohio)

and I think may still be there.  then their is a store in Ohio that is a lot bigger store called Mega Replay in (Lima Ohio) and other locations in the Northeast section of the mid western United States Of America.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 11:09:42 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Sounds like what I'd call a used media store- just the kind of place that sells secondhand movies, games, etc. Last big chain of those near me that I'm aware of was a CEX that went under awhile ago. We've got a lil' local chain called Al's Music that goes for all media. Sadly the one closest to me burned down a couple years back- they reopened, but juuuust far enough away to no longer be on my usual route.

Being in the nerdy northwest, there's no shortage of mom n' pop joints around. Within about 50 miles or so, I've got Game Lobster, Game Over Games, Super Smash Games, two Pink Gorilla stores, Another Castle, GameBound, Game Gurus... those are the dedicated gaming shops, if you include stores that sell other things like toys or comics there's more still. Granted, almost all of these involve some very heavy traffic, so it could easily be more than an hour drive to any of them. But if I REALLY need something TODAY? I can call around.

It's honestly a double-edged sword. It means I have access to a much larger pool of in the wild games than a lot of people could imagine... but it also means actual DEALS are extremely hard to come by. Yard sale & thrift store competition is rough, since I'm against all these resellers and the many collectors keeping them in business. Assuming that those places have lower prices to begin with, since it's so very easy around here to see just what exactly a game will sell for. There's good stuff to be had, for sure, but you've really gotta be vigilant to find it. Or just, y'know, pay market value.

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

Disc Replay is a used discount electronics physical store. They are new I think, and they sell Everything or at least the one in my area does. They sometimes advertise on YouTube,

You can find just about everything there video game wise, even televisions! or even funko pops! Generally if it's a console game or console itself, they have it. They are more then just a video game store.

They also pay you cash for everything you bring into their store to sell. I think that their franchise is currently successful and may be one of the last retro video game store franchises still out there. 

So if you got a Disc Replay Store in your area they are well worth it to check them out

I have a Disc Replay very close to my house, in the suburbs of Indianapolis. There’s a few more scattered around the city. I’ve been there a few times, they’re pretty cool. Definitely preferable to Gamestop.

We don't have a Disc Replay store near me, but we do have a similar business called 2nd and Charles which is where 90% of my retro game pickups come from these days, at least in terms of what I actually find in person. They're an okay store, they used to be way better. Unfortunately over the last year or so they've become increasingly more and more overpriced, and they don't get in nearly as much stuff a they used to. On occasion they'll get a huge trade in of retro games, typically from some collector or reseller jumping ship. Otherwise they usually get a small, but steady trickle of retro stuff in.

I went to 2nd & Charles when I lived in Georgia. They had a lot of stuff but offered peanuts when you tried to sell them stuff.

In Indy there’s a chain called The Exchange. Similar to 2nd & Charles but smaller, and seem to have a larger variety of games. A brand new one opened near me and I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many Japanese Saturn games in one place.

Warmsignal

Nope. The only store near me, is a locally owned computer repair shop that has since expanded and bought out several other shops and became the largest scale retro/modern gaming store I've ever personally seen. Realistically their stock is probably something like 40,000 games, and several hundred consoles, other collectibles, magazines, and hardware.

Given that I live in a mostly rural area where game collecting is not crazy hot, they've been able to maintain a lot of their stock. Pretty much my only shot for buying locally is there. Prices are on par with eBay, at least whenever they first stock the games. If the price rises, you usually still get whatever the sticker price is and they don't go about looking to update old prices which of course, I like. Sadly, they've grown tired of not moving product so they've started to eBay some of their better stuff which usually has no issue selling. I know they sold a Bubble Bath Babes for nearly 1k on eBay a while back. Believe it was a walk in that got traded for peanuts because they don't tell people who don't know, that they have something of value.

Disc Replay's been around for a while, 10 years at least. The ones I've been to are pretty good. Lots of games to pick from, including some really rare stuff, and their prices are usually pretty competitive with what you'd expect to pay on ebay unlike many other retro game stores that charge an extra $10-20 on everything for no reason.

The one near where I live is pretty much smack dab between a upper middle class area and a pretty poor area, which means you've got rich collectors who bring in some pretty neat stuff to trade along with people selling big collections of old games and consoles because they need money to put gas in their cars. I can wait two weeks between visits and they'll have lots of different things in stock by then.

Their trade in values aren't spectacular though. I understand that they have bills to pay and need to make profit on buying things, and it's certainly not Gamestop levels of rip off, but it's still low enough to discourage me from selling anything to them.