Author Topic: Ya'll hyped for dat Pokemon Sword and Shield next Friday?  (Read 2677 times)

Ya'll hyped for dat Pokemon Sword and Shield next Friday?
« on: November 10, 2019, 03:58:23 pm »
Gonna be dope.

Re: Ya'll hyped for dat Pokemon Sword and Shield next Friday?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 04:10:56 pm »
Not sure if I'm gonna pick it up at launch or not, waiting to see how the new Star Wars game turns out, but I'm pretty interested to jump into it.  It's gonna be my first real go at the series since Yellow if we don't count Let's Go...which was just a remake of Yellow lol

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 05:07:48 pm »
My hype and interest in this game has been a bit of a roller coaster for the last few months; I've gone from being super hyped about this game, to getting new info on it that nearly killed all that hype, back to hyped about certain things, and again to almost no hype. The main thing that currently is depressing my interest in this game is specifically how they've gutted the National Pokedex; nearly all the Legendary and Starter Pokemon from all previous generations have been removed. Given the pokemon they've selectively removed I'm 95% certain they will be made available later on as paid DLC, which marks the first time Nintendo has pulled this bullshit in Pokemon. The only thing keeping me from flat out not wanting this game is that many of the new Gen 8 Pokemon actually look really good and I'm also excited to see many of the open world improvements they've made. I think the Dynamax crap is dumb as hell, but if they're anything like Mega Evolutions or Z Moves they'll mostly be optional. At this point I'm probably going to get it, but I guess I have a week to change my mind.

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 05:15:04 pm »
No. Game Freak's statements as of late have made me go from perhaps picking it up at a low price to not having any desire at all to play it.

It's pretty clear Game Freak isn't passionate about the series and just pump it out annually to print money as if it's a sports game.

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 05:17:29 pm »
I don't think the Dex with be paid DLC at all, I think they just cut it for time and costs.  Why do it all now, when they can just casually add the Pokemon back into the series with subsequent releases.  It comes across poorly right now though, because they could at the very least allow all the Gen 1 Pokemon, which are guaranteed to work in Sword/Shield from Let's Go.  There's just really no good excuse when Pokemon is this massive money maker and that they shouldn't be hindered by much of anything.

Warmsignal

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2019, 06:02:31 pm »
Absolutely not. Lol. Another year another bunch of Pokémon I don’t wanna catch. I apparently learned nothing from my thread about the series. I still don’t understand the appeal.

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2019, 07:48:05 pm »
I've never played a Pokemon game in my life, but my wife loves them, so I'll probably pick them up for her.

sworddude

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 04:04:06 am »
haven't supported the series since X en y wich was pretty lacking compared to former entries let alone the future releases.

actually wanted to get back in since this would be the first main line home console release was pretty hyped but during the last month I've seen some extreme decisions on gamefreak's part wich are also affected on all future releases on wich where way more extreme than expected so I think it's just better to give up on the series for me at least. ever since pokemon go gamefreak just made some questionable decisions I think pokemon go ruined the series let's go was the beginning of the end. many people saw that series as a spinoff but according to the devs of gamefreak pokemon lets go evee pikachu was a mainline entry this is a fact.

also seems to be a ton backlash especially thanks to some leaks on this particular release so they made some changes to the formula i mean people wanted a different game after all maybe it was a great choice by gamefreak I'm not a game dev after all.

On a postitive note this might be the pokemon release with the best memes that the series will ever have so that's pretty good at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVEBJe7RYfY

also from what I've heard the devs confirmed that there will be zero dlc or patches that will expand the pokedex just be patient maybe next game your favourite will be in the dex rotation as their official announcement.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 04:28:47 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2019, 10:33:29 am »
Nah- the only mainline pokemon I ever played was Blue, and I didn't even finish it.

I do look forward to watching the internet collectively lose its sh*t though. It's fun to see people enjoying things.

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2019, 01:22:46 pm »
I've been excited about it, but I also don't follow the controversy much. There have been some features and pokemon that seem interesting to me and I enjoy that it'll be on the Switch (not a huge fan of the 3DS screen). It stinks that you won't be able to "Catch 'em All" but I'm hoping that the new pokemon and mechanics added will be enough to keep me engaged and interested.

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2019, 04:27:27 pm »
Question is - Grookey, Scorbunny, or Sobble?

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2019, 04:30:28 pm »

Originally I was all about Sobble, he's too precious, but after seeing what their evolutions are, the only good one ended up being Grookey to me.

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2019, 05:21:29 pm »

Originally I was all about Sobble, he's too precious, but after seeing what their evolutions are, the only good one ended up being Grookey to me.

I also saw the alleged evolution leaks and all options but Grookey are incorrect now.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2019, 06:47:11 pm »
I'm not hyped, but I am looking foward to it.

Personally I'm ecstatic that they got rid of Luvdisc farming.

Also team Scorbunny.

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2019, 10:45:01 pm »