Author Topic: Shenmue 3!!!  (Read 12954 times)

Re: Shenmue 3!!!
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2019, 03:25:06 pm »
I just found my name in the credits of the game. God I am so proud that I helped fund this :)

telly

« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2019, 06:41:01 pm »
I just found my name in the credits of the game. God I am so proud that I helped fund this :)

I am totally taking a screenshot when my name shows up :)

Also did you beat the game already??
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2019, 03:06:09 am »
Been taking my time with it... spent all day playing yesterday and I have to say despite being rough around the edges I'm having a blast!

I've been doing roughly 1 story advancement per day and find that most days I have so much aditional content to explore that I'm never bored!

I was apprehensive to whether I would really enjoy playing the game but honestly I'm having so much fun!

My one gripe would be the Stanima/Health System I wish running had it's seperate bar like Blocking does in battle - As before my first encounter I was getting to the location I wanted by running planning to replenish before, but I stepped too far and triggered the scene before replenishing my health!

Beyond that I'm really digging it & it could be my GotY! Which I'm so happy to say!

« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2019, 10:15:37 am »

No, there's a way to view the credits from the main menu.

telly

« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2019, 11:05:54 am »

No, there's a way to view the credits from the main menu.

All ok. I'll be sure to do that next time I start the game up!
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2019, 12:02:57 am »
I just beat Shenmue III and I can say that it's just about everything I was hoping it would be.

It is absolutely and undeniably a Shenmue game, which essentially means if you liked the previous games you are likely to like this game as well. It updates a lot while keeping the look, feel, sound, and gameplay very authentic. The only major blemish on this game was the story; it wasn't bad, but I really wish that it would have moved the overall plot along a little further and also develop various dynamics between a few of the main characters further. Despite this gripe, it did very little to diminish my enjoyment of Shenmue III and this game was an absolute pleasure from start to finish. This game was absolutely worth the 18-year wait and I really, really hope we get to see the next chapter in the Shenmue Saga, preferably not 20-years from now.

« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2019, 02:04:25 pm »
I beat it last night too and feel that overall it was a fantastic gaming experience! I found myself realy enjoying the gameplay and the mini-games to be the best in the entire franchise. Sadly I also agree with you on the narrative and felt that this offering didn't bring much to the table. I will say that the last boss encounter was everything I hoped for! :)

I feel very positive about the series continuing, it's been in the best position since the Dreamcast and I think the title has certainly made an impact.

« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2019, 07:53:47 pm »
I beat it last night too and feel that overall it was a fantastic gaming experience! I found myself realy enjoying the gameplay and the mini-games to be the best in the entire franchise. Sadly I also agree with you on the narrative and felt that this offering didn't bring much to the table. I will say that the last boss encounter was everything I hoped for! :)

I feel very positive about the series continuing, it's been in the best position since the Dreamcast and I think the title has certainly made an impact.

OMFG that final battle gave me goosebumps! I was so emotionally invested in that part that I felt my heart racing lol

But yes, the story could have definitely been a bit more substantial, but I get the impression this chapter of the Shenmue saga was primarily to develop Ryo's kung fu, but I felt like it was a bit overdone. There should have been a lot more focus on character dynamics which was sorely missing imo.

I agree with you on the mini games to an extent. I really wish Sega would have allowed more of their other properties to be represented in this game like they were in the previous too. They tease you with all those Sega arcade game posters, but none of them are actually in the game! I would have flipped out if they had included a Virtua Fighter cab of some kind, or any of the previous Sega arcade games from the other two Shenmue games. Maybe this will be implemented as future DLC, but it would have made this game a little more awesome if they'd included even a few of those games. I also wish more licensed Sega characters were made into capsule toys like the previous games.

Regardless, still an amazing game and a worthy successor to the previous two Shenmue titles :)