Author Topic: Did you ask for any games for Christmas/ buy any for yourself?  (Read 2818 times)

Nickkchilla

Re: Did you ask for any games for Christmas/ buy any for yourself?
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2019, 10:44:01 pm »
I've given up on asking for games cause everyone refuses to buy them for me.So I don't ask for anything anymore but I do buy presents (games) for my self because everyone insists on buying me stuff i dont want.

I feel you on that one, or maybe you were just a bad boy? My issue are that people ask me what it is I want, then I show/tell them exactly what it is I'm interested in, then they proceed to...

...not get me any of the things on my list.

I'm not trying to make it seem as if I'm owed anything, absolutely not. I'm happy to receive anything. But if you're not going to get anything on my personal list, maybe stop asking for it and getting my hopes up?

I think I'm just being trolled yearly. It makes me sad.  :(  At least they were considerate enough to troll though!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 10:48:19 pm by Nickkchilla »

dhaabi

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2019, 09:06:46 am »
I was gifted the newly released Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove. Now I can play the game in its entirety after all these years.

I visited my hometown this past week and made a stop to my preferred gaming store as tradition and picked up Final Fantasy VII (black label), Silent Hill 2, and Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (complete with slip cover).

sworddude

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2019, 09:47:35 am »
While we celebrate christmas. It's not about presents over here wich isn't to bad since most christmas crap is thrown away anyway. it's a waste of money and bad for the enviroment anyway.

Food is always nice during that time of the year though.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2019, 12:08:05 pm »
I've given up on asking for games cause everyone refuses to buy them for me.So I don't ask for anything anymore but I do buy presents (games) for my self because everyone insists on buying me stuff i dont want.

I feel you on that one, or maybe you were just a bad boy? My issue are that people ask me what it is I want, then I show/tell them exactly what it is I'm interested in, then they proceed to...

I'm not trying to make it seem as if I'm owed anything, absolutely not. I'm happy to receive anything. But if you're not going to get anything on my personal list, maybe stop asking for it and getting my hopes up?

I think I'm just being trolled yearly. It makes me sad.  :(  At least they were considerate enough to troll though!

I feel these feels. The commentary about me being 'difficult to shop for' only stopped last year- apparently the insistence that the Amazon list is up to date, as well as breaking it up into 10 separate list sorted by product type, price, and retail availability has finally worked.

It's a hard thing to convey without sounding ungrateful- sort of a combination of guilt for not feeling more appreciative of what you did get, and confusion/disappointment over not getting a thing you were specifically asked to name. Especially when the thing you did get clearly cost more than the thing you wanted.

I read things from time to time mentioning 'gift languages'- that certain people just intrinsically handle giving & receiving gifts differently. I should probably find something explaining that, it might provide some insight.

doafan

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2019, 12:13:17 pm »
Food is always nice during that time of the year though.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 12:16:37 pm by doafan »

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2019, 01:10:45 pm »
My wife (God love her. She’s a wonderful lady) got me Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and a Genesis Mini. She nailed it.

doafan

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2019, 01:32:26 pm »
Without any intention of being/sound rude, you are some lucky mothafucka  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2019, 02:07:24 pm »
Without any intention of being/sound rude, you are some lucky mothafucka  ;D

Yes I am.

Warmsignal

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2019, 06:30:14 pm »

I'm one of those who likes to get people gifts that I believe they would like, rather than asking what exactly do you want so I can go fetch it. The art of gift giving is in finding that item that is a perfect fit for the person. It's the gift that says you know that person better than they think you do, that you do pay attention to them, and you do know what they like. It's the gift that they didn't exactly know they wanted, but it turns out to be a hit.

I like that better than just going out and fetching things off of a list. Now there are some people who do neither, and who think that just buying any random thing for a person is appropriate. The low/no effort gift, or the gift card that says I couldn't be bothered. A lot of people do that as well.

With video games it's tricky, especially for people who collect games. I could see how thinking that yet another game for the pile wouldn't make a good gift, or wouldn't feel like a significant gift when you know they get games all the time, unless you know which game in particular is the apple of their eye. It can be more difficult to figure that out.

pzeke

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2019, 09:05:06 pm »
I personally never ask for anything, and have never really expected anything from anyone during this time of year to be honest. As a kid I would only ask my mother for stuff; I usually had a list of the things I wanted the most. Now as a grown up my mother is the one who asks what is it that I want or would like to get. As far as I can remember, I usually just shrug whenever she asks, and not out of disrespect, but because she tends to catch me off guard whenever she asks. She happens to know my hobbies and the stuff I'm into, so she could easily get me something that I'm sure I will like, but she knows I buy a lot online, so she ultimately gets me some gifts cards.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!