Author Topic: Will you be selling off your current gen stuff ahead of holiday next year?  (Read 3403 times)

ferraroso

Re: Will you be selling off your current gen stuff ahead of holiday next year?
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2019, 12:26:06 am »
I don't think I will...
I don't see any store or even private collectors paying a price that I would consider worth for my whole PS4 collection.
And besides, I don't want to go through the trouble of having to buy everything again (even if for much cheaper) 5 or 10 years from now...

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2019, 12:16:31 am »
Remember when you first joined this site you accused me of being a horder? Well surprise im selling all of my modern systems (not really) and all my games too (nope) lol.

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2019, 01:06:14 am »
I wounder if @Seether is even likes video games, Some of his/her posts lead me to believe that Seether is more into movies and maybe an occasional game on the side.

I know Seether once told us that he/she thought that Atari games are garbage. what about the newer retro stuff? @Seether is more of a current generation gamer I guess.

MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Warmsignal

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2019, 10:05:03 pm »
Oh yeah, for sure. Totally. Whole game collection. Might just stuff it right down the toilet. I mean obviously when the PS5-striod crash lands onto the planet nothing else will ever be relevant again in our lifetime. It's basically the second coming of Jesus H in the flesh, amirite? You thought with Saturn nothing else mattered? PSHHH. With PS5, nothing else existed. *mic drop*

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2019, 11:09:01 pm »
I wounder if @Seether is even likes video games, Some of his/her posts lead me to believe that Seether is more into movies and maybe an occasional game on the side.

I know Seether once told us that he/she thought that Atari games are garbage. what about the newer retro stuff? @Seether is more of a current generation gamer I guess.

I think Seether is a common troll that thinks video games are stocks.

pzeke

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2019, 10:41:25 am »
Nah, dude; I just got a PS4.

Quite the opposite, in fact- I'll be eyeing out for deals from the people who do start unloading their soon-to-be last gen gear!

Hear, hear.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

sworddude

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2019, 10:52:15 am »

I think seether has improved by allot since his bann.

also this thread is legitmate. a ton of people who use current gen stuff sell their consoles off before they go down in value to much to have funds for the next generation of games and consoles. It's not that strange a ton of people eppecially people who love to play games but aren't really collectors at all. just in it for the experience. that's the majority of the buyers in this sector after all.

Why did people throw cardboard boxes away or sell old games for cheap because they arent going to use them anymore the new stuff is where it is at. it was fun at the time but its time to move on.

Old tech is for the majority just garbage new stuff is where it's at.

also xbox series x is on the uprise and the ps5 should follow aswell there is a solid argument to be made when those consoles come out on the market.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

Warmsignal

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2019, 11:42:45 am »

I think seether has improved by allot since his bann.

also this thread is legitmate. a ton of people who use current gen stuff sell their consoles off before they go down in value to much to have funds for the next generation of games and consoles. It's not that strange a ton of people eppecially people who love to play games but aren't really collectors at all. just in it for the experience. that's the majority of the buyers in this sector after all.

Why did people throw cardboard boxes away or sell old games for cheap because they arent going to use them anymore the new stuff is where it is at. it was fun at the time but its time to move on.

Old tech is for the majority just garbage new stuff is where it's at.

also xbox series x is on the uprise and the ps5 should follow aswell there is a solid argument to be made when those consoles come out on the market.

But this is VG "collect". Seether doesn't seem to collect games at all, and often makes resentful comments and topics about it. It's no stretch to question his motives on the site.

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2019, 10:39:49 pm »
I won't be, but I don't see much value being held on games from this Gen. The hardware is more fragile, and doesn't last as long. Consoles aren't ready to use right out of the box w/o internet anymore. Many games, especially recently, require large patches to be playable. I don't see many people having functioning systems from this gun in 25 years.

pzeke

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2019, 09:13:57 pm »
I won't be, but I don't see much value being held on games from this Gen. The hardware is more fragile, and doesn't last as long. Consoles aren't ready to use right out of the box w/o internet anymore. Many games, especially recently, require large patches to be playable. I don't see many people having functioning systems from this gun in 25 years.

Sad, but true.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!