Author Topic: Games in the Box  (Read 1923 times)

Re: Games in the Box
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2020, 09:33:13 pm »
I love looking at the spines of Xbox, Xbox360, PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3 and Wii. But I'll be honest I don't care for the cardboard boxes even though I have 2. Unlike a lot of people I bought a CIB copy of Banjo-Toowie for the Nintendo 64 because it was only available with the box, I don't know where the box is? but I don't think I threw it out and I didn't ruin it I don't think either,

I love Sega Genesis Complete in box games, not then the paper cartridge boxes of the Nintendo 64 and Super Nintendo boxes, but I'm keeping my newer cardboard console boxes for memory purposes.

Speaking of boxes sometimes new copies of PC retro video games come in like a PlayStation 1 jewel case

what kind of person sells just a cardboard box? I read that in another post on here.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 09:37:09 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2020, 12:39:32 pm »
what kind of person sells just a cardboard box? I read that in another post on here.

The kind that knows it's valuable. There's absolutely a market for empty boxes out there. A lot of people already have the game but want CIB- it can be cheaper to buy just a box than a new copy. If the buyer's ok with it, it can also save on shipping (since you can fold a box flat.)

I'm not sure if I've ever bought just a box (I don't remember if my copy of Tetris was bought CIB or piecemeal), but I've definitely bought a fair share of empty jewel cases to complete my disc-only stuff!

pzeke

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2020, 08:10:36 am »

It’s part of the hobby, believe it or not; and it’s quite the commodity, to be perfectly honest, as it helps you complete whatever game you have. This is quite the blessing for those collectors that have everything but the box.

I have personally done this for games that I used to have complete back in the day, Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2, and Super Mario Land 2 come to mind. I have purchased cover art and manuals for certain disc-based games, too.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 04:30:03 pm by pzeke »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!