Author Topic: Favorite Music of 2019  (Read 1236 times)

stealthrush

Favorite Music of 2019
« on: January 06, 2020, 09:47:34 pm »
Since we had Favorite Music of 2018 thread, decided to start one for 2019! Looking back what were some of your favorite music of last year?

Korn - The Nothing : A strong emotional album that delivers thanks to producer Nick Raskulinecz.

Slipknot - We Are Not Your Kind : Surprising return to form bringing back the dark, eerie side of the band.

Cold - The Things We Can't Stop : The most mature sounding Cold album that really grew on me.

Hyde - Anti : Solid rock album with spectacular ballads, and an incredible cover of Duran Duran's Ordinary World.

I was disappointed with a few albums one being Hed PE - Stampede album since an abundance of autotune was used. Another album being Flaw - Vol IV Because of the Brave since a few tracks were exposed of plagiarism, others were bought from other musicians online and were not created by the band.

Looking forward to upcoming releases in 2020 from: Gemini Syndrome (3rd album to end the trilogy) Julien-K, Ventana, Static-X (posthumous album) Jeffrey Nothing (Doom Candy project) Mushroomhead, Adema, Dry Kill Logic, Methods of Mayhem, Onesidezero, Love & Death, Ded. Holding out hope for Deadsy, Limp Bizkit (Stampede of the Disco Elephants).

telly

Re: Favorite Music of 2019
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 09:54:16 pm »
Easily IGOR for me.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 10:11:14 pm »
Don't think there was a ton of 2019 stuff I was super into, but here are a few off the top of my head.

Slipknot - We Are Not Your Kind - I've never been a huge fan of Slipknot outside of some of their older songs, but this album had some good songs.

Cellar Darling - The Spell - Metal for a more chill mood.

Wind Rose - Wintersaga - Honestly, I only listened to this album as much as I did because I love "Diggy Diggy Hole" lol The rest of the albums is still good though as big fantasy power metal.

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 11:58:48 pm »

Billie Eilish has made some amibtious great tracks this year.   She's different.  Unique and super talented.   

Post Malone has made some fantastic tracks over the years.   I love the Ozzy collab he did.  It was amazing. 

Warmsignal

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 12:38:38 am »
Not a lot to speak of last year.

The Number Twelve - Wild Gods

Silversun Pickups - Widows Weeds

And to be honest, I've haven't taken to the time to listen to either fully, yet. The singles sounded pretty good.

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2020, 04:39:08 am »
Nice picks so far. I also enjoyed Korn and The Number Twelve Looks Like You's latest albums.

This instantly became my favorite album of 2019 the day it released. Despite what happened he has hundreds of songs not yet officially released so there will likely be more albums in the future.

This would be my second favorite. Not sure why it receives so much hate. I've been a fan since the beginning of his career and I think it's one of his best yet.

Probably forgetting something else I'd want to mention but I can't think of anything right now. I listened to a lot of older music in 2019.

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2020, 04:48:58 am »

No interest in the music, but I absolutely dig this album cover lol