Author Topic: Our Classic/Mini Consoles Discussion  (Read 2668 times)

Re: Our Classic/Mini Consoles Discussion
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2019, 06:01:12 am »
I must say, the PlayStation Classic is a beast if you're happy to MOD it, I know such talk is frowned upon but I own 100+ PS1 Games on disc anyway. This is by far the most accessible and enjoyable way for me to play my PS1 games right now on my HDTV and there really isn't much work involved either.

I'm also very happy with my SEGA MegaDrive Mini, playing World Of illusion again in Co-op was a real treat. The game selection is also decent, I think it's a shame they couldn't sort out the whole Sonic 3 fiasco because having Sonic 3 with the Knuckles Addition would have made this Console perfect!

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2019, 11:43:31 pm »
I love my PS1 Classic, If you can get one  even for a gift I definitely recommend it. only if you have a television with an HDMI plug. The one I got from Walmart in store came with 2 sturdy controllers and they have a game covering all genres including puzzle, and even survival horror and even a platformer.

A giant downside is the fact that they didn't include a USB power adapter with my PlayStaion 1 Mini, but I'm lucky I had one. and all the cords have a short to medium length,

so just like the NES mini you need a chair close to the console, not ideal for some more wealthy people who have large rooms or seats far from where the television is setting. I would not recommend any Mini Console for liveing room usage where you can not pull a seat in close.

I really don't see the hate this thing gets. It even has that PS1 intro screen when you turn this thing on some of the the games that they chose for are hard to find in the wild for cheap. and plus this was only a $30 USD gift when I got it,
 If I got Final Fantasy VII game disc alone it would have cost about the same for a used copy of a possible beat up 2 disc Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VII is suppose to have a feature where. When the original game had to change disc, the I heard that they even have a feature to make you press the open button on the PS1 Mini to get that feel of changing the disc on the original system.

Plus this PS1 classic/mini console has a built in memory save system for all the games where you can save and start exactly where you left off

PlayStation 1 Mini Game list.  (post edit) this is not a console some parents want to buy their younger children

Battle Arena Toshinden
Cool Boarders 2
Destruction Derby
Final Fantasy VII
Grand Theft Auto
Intelligent Qube
Jumping Flash!
Metal Gear Solid
Mr. Driller
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
Rayman
Resident Evil Director's Cut
Revelations: Persona
Ridge Racer Type 4
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
Syphon Filter
Tekken 3
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
Twisted Metal
Wild Arms
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 11:29:41 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

telly

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2019, 09:18:10 am »
I'd like to get a Genesis classic one of these days :)

Maybe as a Christmas gift to myself ;)
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2019, 10:01:27 am »
Treat yo' self! You deserve it.

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2019, 11:39:29 pm »
I just received a SNES Classic today as a gift from someone special. I helped pay for it but this family member paid about half the price.

We purchased the Super Nintendo Mini from our local Disc Replay for $70 USD and it's like new. I tested it and it works.

Forgot to mention I had a (edit) An At Games Brand Sega Genesis console, with a cartridge slot and about 80 built in games. So far, I got 4 of the mini consoles, including a NES mini in which I got the same day as my television for $50 USD at Disc Replay.

I love all 4 of these mini consoles.

SNES mini has the following games built in

1: Contra III The Alien Wars
2: Donky Kong Country
3: Earthbound
4: Final Fantasy III
5: F-Zero
6: Kirbys Dream Course
7: Kirby Super Star
8: Mega Man X
9: Secreat Of Mana
10: Star Fox
11: Street Fighter II Turbo Hyper FIghting
12: Super Castlevania IV
13: Super Ghouls And Ghosts
14: Super Mario Kart
15: Super Mario RPG Legand Of The Seven Stars
16: Suoer Mario World
17: Super Metriod
18: Super Punch Out
19: Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past
20: Yoshi's Island

« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 11:38:28 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2019, 12:45:46 pm »
I just received a SNES Classic today as a gift from someone special. I helped pay for it but this family member paid about half the price.

We purchased the Super Nintendo Mini from our local Disc Replay for $70 USD and it's like new. I tested it and it works.

Forgot to mention I had a Sega Genesis Classic console, with a cartridge slot and about 80 built in games. So far, I got 4 of the mini consoles, including a NES mini in which I got the same day as my television for $50 USD at Disc Replay.

I love all 4 of these mini consoles.

SNES mini has the following games built in

1: Contra III The Alien Wars
2: Donky Kong Country
3: Earthbound
4: Final Fantasy III
5: F-Zero
6: Kirbys Dream Course
7: Kirby Super Star
8: Mega Man X
9: Secreat Of Mana
10: Star Fox
11: Street Fighter II Turbo Hyper FIghting
12: Super Castlevania IV
13: Super Ghouls And Ghosts
14: Super Mario Kart
15: Super Mario RPG Legand Of The Seven Stars
16: Suoer Mario World
17: Super Metriod
18: Super Punch Out
19: Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past
20: Yoshi's Island

You forgot Star Fox 2 but then again, that's an unlockable

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2019, 01:52:21 pm »
Forgot to mention I had a Sega Genesis Classic console, with a cartridge slot and about 80 built in games.

It sounds like what you actually have is a Sega Genesis Flashback, which is very similar to the Sega Genesis Classic (Mini), but has some pretty steep differences.

Most notably (most versions of) the Flashback can play Genesis carts and use Genesis controllers.  The Classic has much better emulation and save, capabilities, however.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 01:54:26 pm by Cartagia »

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2019, 07:33:38 pm »

yes I did, just now remembered, does anyone know how to unlock it?

it appears on screen as a Christmas gift with a bow on the screen, but I never tried to play Starfox 2 yet only played Super Mario Kart so far

Forgot to mention I had a Sega Genesis Classic console, with a cartridge slot and about 80 built in games.

It sounds like what you actually have is a Sega Genesis Flashback, which is very similar to the Sega Genesis Classic (Mini), but has some pretty steep differences.

Most notably (most versions of) the Flashback can play Genesis carts and use Genesis controllers.  The Classic has much better emulation and save, capabilities, however.

yes you are correct it is made by AT Games and therefore is not the actual classic I never bought it in the box so I didn't quite know what it was,
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 07:35:53 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2019, 10:35:33 pm »

it appears on screen as a Christmas gift with a bow on the screen, but I never tried to play Starfox 2 yet only played Super Mario Kart so far

All you gotta do is finish the first level in the first Starfox to unlock Starfox 2

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2019, 11:03:18 pm »

All you gotta do is finish the first level in the first Starfox to unlock Starfox 2

thanks @droaa  :)

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2019, 11:22:57 pm »
sorry for the late notice  :(

so before recommending this PS1 classic I didn't think about parents buying this for their young children

If you follow the ESRB rating system and are looking to buy a PS1 mini you need to know the following I just discovered

I just now realized that the PlayStation 1 classic/mini consoles are rated "M" by the ESRB for mature 17+ year old audiences according to the North American rating system. So this makes the console non child friendly to some parents, even though my parents never paid attention to what my childhood games were rated for me growing up

Therefore I should have known better because it does have Resident Evil Directors Cut as Well as "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six" and "Twisted Metal 1" games on it.

I wish they would made this thing more for kids. I don't know what SONY was thinking

but I just realized that the PS1 Classic Mini is recommended for mature only audiences.

However the SNES mini is rated T for teens an adolescents and the NES Mini is rated E for Everyone

« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 11:34:17 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2019, 06:32:15 am »
The mini consoles aren’t marketed toward children, though.  They are for adults who have nostalgia about playing these games.