Author Topic: VGCollect Secret Santa 2019 Loot Thread!  (Read 7190 times)

VGCollect Secret Santa 2019 Loot Thread!
« on: December 15, 2019, 10:22:44 pm »
This thread is to show off the things received in 2019's VGS's Secret Santa event.

I couldn't quite make it until the podcast occurred and opened mine a few days ago:

Thank you so much to my Secret Santa! He picked items I had on my list and even gave me a bonus item.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 11:13:58 pm by masamune »

kashell

Re: VGCollect Secret Santa 2019 Loot Thread!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 07:57:02 am »
Dayum. They knocked it out of the park. Collection of Mana is a fantastic addition to any Switch owner's library.

soera

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 11:25:16 am »
I'm literally the worst at this. I plan and organize the whole thing but when it comes to my part, I suck. No pics or patience waiting till Christmas.

That being said, my wish list was silly simple. One game and one CD. And I got exactly what I wanted and I couldn't be happier ... now I just hope I can get some time to game! The CD, however, has been played non stop and I love it!

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 11:27:51 am »
I'm literally the worst at this. I plan and organize the whole thing but when it comes to my part, I suck. No pics or patience waiting till Christmas.

That being said, my wish list was silly simple. One game and one CD. And I got exactly what I wanted and I couldn't be happier ... now I just hope I can get some time to game! The CD, however, has been played non stop and I love it!
But what game and what CD?

soera

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 01:29:15 pm »
Lol told you Im the worst at this. I didnt even say what I got, haha.

AeternoBlade II and Celine Dion's newest CD, Courage. :)

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 01:39:32 pm »
I already opened it before the stream Sorrry, it's my birthday so I kinda had to open it as soon as I woke up :D
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2019, 03:32:20 pm »
I already opened it before the stream Sorrry, it's my birthday so I kinda had to open it as soon as I woke up :D

That's ok! But let us know what you got!

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2019, 03:24:28 am »
I'm sorry, I  planned to sleep until 03:00 and then join the stream but I overslept.
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2019, 10:27:35 am »
No clue who my santa is, but here's what I got from Santa.  Thanks, Santa.

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2019, 11:37:04 am »
Thank you so much to my Secret Santa! He picked items I had on my list and even gave me a bonus item.

Glad you liked it!  I did a lot of price scouring to try and get the most bang for the buck based on your wishlist- and I’ve got a small stack of Codename: STEAM for this exact reason.

I opened on stream last night, but haven’t been able to get a picture posted yet, but my Santa was justin, who absolutely crushed it!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2019, 08:04:45 pm »
Y’all, Flashback killed it. If you didn’t watch the stream last night, fast-forward to the end. I opened mine last.

Big thanks to DashV for setting up the stream, recording, hosting, and moderating last night. We couldn’t have done it without your doing.

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2019, 11:06:18 pm »
Sorry I missed the stream guys :).   I spaced out that it was the 16th.  I was going to stop by even if just to chat in the chat. As I have no webcam.  But I did remember to wait to open my gift.     I am going to be watching the stream tonight just to see what everyone got.  And see the fun. 

But I just wanted to say my secret Santa absolutely killed it!   And I'm so stoked.   I want to thank Dash V for a very awesome christmas gift bundle and some amazing candies which I loved very much :).     The Chun Li Pop makes pop #180 for my collection.  And one that I had been wanting for quite some time as I already have Ryu and Ken. 

Secret Agent Clank is also a childhood favorite of mine.  I was surprised to see it sealed.  For some reason it always kept avoiding me.  And it completes every ratchet franchise game for ps2 for me I believe.   I will most likely open it to enjoy it.   And for that fresh new game smell :D.   

And Walking Dead Collection will enjoy many of hours of fun.  I love Telltale very much.  Hearing that they were revived at VGA was amazing news :).     

The Carolina Panthers themed M&Ms were a awesome touch.  And I wanted to add that i've never tried icebreakers before.  and now I love them.   They are so addictive and keep your breath fresh.  I will be buying more soon.  You got me hooked on them.   

The love spread through these forums always makes every holiday much warmer :)

I hope everyone had a merry time and had a lot of fun.   You guys are the best community on the internet.   The love and warmth here is special.  I'm so honored to be a part of it.  :D

« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 11:10:20 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

kashell

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2019, 08:28:39 am »
The live stream (major thanks again to DashV for setting it up) revealed what I got from Telly. It was pretty damn epic.

I got Soul Nomad and the World Eaters (PS2) and the SaGa Frontier Millennium Collection (PS). Soul Nomad is a game I've been wanting to play for years. The SaGa Frontier Millennium helps add flair to my favorite game of all time. It's on display in the game room now, along with the SaGa Frontier OST I found years and years ago at an anime convention.

To top all of this off, I got a thoughtful card.

It's the most wonderful time of the year, indeed. Thanks again, Telly!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2019, 09:28:27 am »
The live stream (major thanks again to DashV for setting it up) revealed what I got from Telly. It was pretty damn epic.

I got Soul Nomad and the World Eaters (PS2) and the SaGa Frontier Millennium Collection (PS). Soul Nomad is a game I've been wanting to play for years. The SaGa Frontier Millennium helps add flair to my favorite game of all time. It's on display in the game room now, along with the SaGa Frontier OST I found years and years ago at an anime convention.

To top all of this off, I got a thoughtful card.

It's the most wonderful time of the year, indeed. Thanks again, Telly!

Dude!  That game came with a teacup and saucer! Pinkies Out!

telly

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2019, 10:13:38 am »
It was beauteaful :^)
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery