Author Topic: Where Is A Good Place To Find Out How To Play A Complicated Video Game  (Read 1124 times)

I've been playing my PlayStation Classic/mini and I found out the mostly all those games included in that device are extremely complicated video games to learn how play and offer no instruction on how to play any of those complicated video games,

lets see "Metal Gear Solid" you start off on a stealth mission with no gun and you need to sneak around there is water and the controls are ridiculous and left clueless on what to do  let's see changing the game over to Resident Evil Directors Cut only to find an overhead view with clunky controls and you apparently start off in a mansion with something going on no gun and a bunch of buttons to press and God knows what they do,

Final Fantasy VII another game with an extremely complicated battle system and no instructions, basically you sit there board and press buttons to actions and watch the animation take place, choose the wrong options you lose all your characters and need to start the game over again. in which is why I don't like turn based RPG games to begin with

My question is where is the best place to find out how to play a type of video game that you never played before and do not have a tutorial in the game just like what I found most games on the PS1 Classic/mini has. Without spoiling the story or the game, there are walkthroughs but there often times long and are filled with spoilers

MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Where Is A Good Place To Find Out How To Play A Complicated Video Game
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 05:43:45 pm »
I watch youtube videos of games when I get stuck. Watching another person beat a complicated part of a game often gives me alternate ideas on how to approach that part so I can beat it.

pzeke

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 05:45:50 pm »
Try watching gameplay footage of it on YouTube, or go to GameFAQs.

Or just go to Google and type "how to play game's name" and you'll most likely find a website or two about whatever game you're looking for.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 11:33:43 pm »
The above's got it- Let's Plays, Walkthroughs, and good ol' Trial and Error!

A lot of it is simply learning the gimmicks and tropes of a genre from scratch- only time & experimentation can give that. Using Final Fantasy 7 as an example: the basics are simple. You can see you character's health number on the screen. Choose attack/defense/spells to keep yourself alive & kill the monsters. The hard part is learning about the actual commands. How much damage does your attack do? How do you heal? How MUCH do you heal? What does it take to use a spell? What does it do? How much damage are the enemies doing? These are all things you need to pick up on to succeed. Prior knowledge of RPGs helps- Potions & herbs heal, Use thunder magic on metal enemies for more damage, and so on.

A shorter way to say it: The manual can tell you 'right trigger fires your gun'. Experience tells you 'shoot the red barrels and they explode'. The only question is, are you enticed by this unfamiliar game enough to put in the time to learn how it works?

This reminds me, I need to pick up Driver: San Francisco again.

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 07:43:42 am »
It sure doesn’t help when FFVII’s first boss specifically tells you to “attack when the tail is up!”, when you’re NOT supposed to do that. Very unfortunate translation error (unless it’s been fixed for PS Classic)

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 11:13:35 am »
It sure doesn’t help when FFVII’s first boss specifically tells you to “attack when the tail is up!”, when you’re NOT supposed to do that. Very unfortunate translation error (unless it’s been fixed for PS Classic)

It didn't, it's still the same on at least my version of the PlayStation Classic

« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 12:54:25 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 08:59:58 pm »
Just look up a walkthrough on Google, that'll solve your problem. Which games are the ones you're having trouble with btw?