Author Topic: What are your thoughts on collecting physical re-releases of games you own?  (Read 2248 times)

i will say though newer aint always better in say shadow of the collosus while the grapics are impressive.

On the original ps2 version The lighting and increased mist gave it a way better atmosphere. so ironicly the system limitations gave it a better experience for me. In some odd cases less is more depending on personal taste.

It's not the only case obviously like say the n64 zelda games losing that great dark atmosphere compared to the original thanks to the brigness problems. It's more forgivable there considering that where talking n64 grapics but still. why not have improved grapics and the dark atmosphere like the originals.

I seen Turok 1 remastered compared to the original (side by side) on YouTube recently I think it is for the Xbox One?

It's Xbox One graphics were way better then the Nintendo 64, I don't like fog in games, because it obscures the view, it's ok to like. But, fog can sometimes be awful when playing a fast reflex racing game, especially if the game requires you to go vary fast through a twisty and turn fog section of a racing track.
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

i will say though newer aint always better in say shadow of the collosus while the grapics are impressive.

On the original ps2 version The lighting and increased mist gave it a way better atmosphere. so ironicly the system limitations gave it a better experience for me. In some odd cases less is more depending on personal taste.

I seen Turok 1 remastered compared to the original (side by side) on YouTube recently I think it is for the Xbox One?

It's Xbox One graphics were way better then the Nintendo 64, I don't like fog in games, because it obscures the view, it's ok to like. But, fog can sometimes be awful when playing a fast reflex racing game, especially if the game requires you to go vary fast through a twisty and turn fog section of a racing track.

I'm not a fan of the fog/overly dark pallets myself- more often than not I find it pulls me out of the game becuase I'm too focused on figuring out just where I am & adjusting room lighting (dark pallets make light glare such a problem). I definitely see the appeal in Shadow of the Colossus, though- I preferred getting to stop & enjoy the crazy views of the new game, but I remember the original and the sense of foreboding going into some foggy new corner of the map- it felt oppressive, like you weren't supposed to be there. Which you aren't according to the game's story. The new one just felt lonely from time to time- still works, but definitely a different feel.

pzeke

The same age-old answer applies here: it depends. If it's for a game I have never experienced before, like Shenmue for example, I'll be more inclined to buy the remaster instead of the originals, regardless of having plans of eventually getting a Dreamcast. Now, if I already own the game, then I don't see the need to get the re-release, so I'll keep the original. The only exception to this would be that the game gets released with any additional content on the disc, happens to be a remake, like right now a good proper example being Final Fantasy VII, or happens to be a game from a franchise I like, and even then I'll pick and choose.

I'm actually currently going over the idea of getting the Borderlands and BioShock trilogy, as well as Darksiders II on PS4 given they're seemingly the most complete releases to date. Although the latter is supposedly plagued with bugs and apparently crashes a lot. If I end up getting them, then I'll free up some space, but I'm still not sure, so we'll see.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!