Author Topic: Installing The Xbox360 Games To An Internal Hardrive (On the 360) Benefits  (Read 1878 times)

by the way I also just found out the most Xbox360 games only cost 4-8 Gigabytes of hard drive space from off the disc.

How much do the XboxOne game take up again? 50-100 gigabytes, I think I'm keeping my Xbox360

for those interested, read thread for more details & (less heat build up)
(googled)
Go to Xbox Home.

Insert the game disc into the disc drive. Note After you insert the disc, the default option is for the game to start automatically. ...

Select the game you want to install to your hard drive.

Press X on your controller.

Select Install.

to install the Xbox360 hard drive (S) model not the launch model) it's easy just take one of the side panel off no screwdriver needed, and insert it I think thats all I did, look on YouTube if you need further help it's easy but finding the panel is a little difficult.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSBsvEzc7Tk
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 11:23:07 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Warmsignal

I never did.

The only game I have installed on XB1 is Recore, and it was 7.6 GB. I have roughly 770 GB free space left.

I just got done playing a Halo Xbox360 game and I noticed a lot less heat build up but I was also using an official AV cord and I noticed that by installing the game, off the disc onto my Xbox360 internal hardrive.

you still need the disc to play the game but the game don't appear relying solely on the Optical drive

and as a result it was cooler way cooler in temperature. it also helps with playing the Xbox360 with an official AV cord as well, the AV cord also reduced heat build up on the PlayStation 3's as well

I recommend buying a (new) Xbox360 Hard Drive from Walmart here

but you cannot install the Xbox original games though ???

but you need to have a newer model Xbox360 (S) to get the 500 gigabyte or higher.

But if you have a launch model you are forced to get the 20 gigabyte one :(

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=xbox%20360%20hardrive
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 10:14:43 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

I never did.

The only game I have installed on XB1 is Recore, and it was 7.6 GB. I have roughly 770 GB free space left.

You literally only have one game on your XB1? seems kinda like a waste.

Oldgamers- Most XB1 games aren't that size. many indy titles are under 1GB, however, most "Major" AAA games now are quite large. I have 47 games on my main Xbox one that are over 50.0 GB, and 302 games that are 5.0 GB or less- out of 713 games currently installed. On my 2nd Xbox I have my largest game though, Modern Warfare 2019 which clocks in at a whopping 150 GB. Absolutely insane. I def miss the way the 360 did it.

To answer your question- Yes, MOST Xbox 360 games can be installed onto your hard drive- which makes them run smoother and saves wear and tear on your HD....When you have the game in your drivee, but are on the main home screen, go to the box with the game and select information. It will then give you the option to install the game. You will still need the disc to play, but it doesn't spin in the drive. You are actually playing off the HD with the disc serving as an authenticator basically. Same basic idea as XB1, except you HAVE to install all XB1 games on your HD, where on the 360 you don't. I believe there are a small handful of games you can't install, but I can't say with 100% certainty.

Edit: I see you already answered the question yourself :)

This topic is for both the Xbox360 and Xbox One, since both are explained here  :)

NO APPS NEEDED

Warmsignal

I never did.

I just got the console last week.

With the possible exception of storage space, there is no downsides whatsoever to installing 360 games, only benefits.

I honestly don't know why this even needs to be a topic.

I never did.

I just got the console last week.

Fair Enough!

but you need to have a newer model Xbox360 (S) to get the 500 gigabyte or higher.

But if you have a launch model you are forced to get the 20 gigabyte one :(

The newer Xbox 360 S and Xbox 360 E models use the internal hard drives available in 250gb, 320gb, and 500gb capacities.

The original model Xbox 360 use external hard drives available in 20gb, 60gb, 120gb and 250gb capacities.

Internal and external hard drives by third party companies are available in different capacities.

It's possible to swap different capacity hard drives into the internal or external cases and vice versa.  Outside of the official Microsoft hard drives, some modifications may/will be required.  I plan to swap a 500gb drive from a Microsoft internal case into a Microsoft external case.

Lots of choices available at Game Stop.
https://www.gamestop.com/search/?q=xbox+360+hard+drive&lang=default

I'm not sure if the refurbished internal 120gb hard drive is an official Microsoft product or not.