Author Topic: Extra Hard Games That We Could Recommend To Someone And Why Discussion  (Read 1047 times)

The following is my challenge recommendation for who ever want to try a hard game

If you think you are hard core then I think you should try playing Duke Nukem Zero Hour for the Nintendo 64 and winning without cheats, their is no easy difficulty just so you know

after you reach the 3rd level and forward the game the game can be extremely hard.

Anyone who is doing the 52 Game Challlenge this year and has a Copy of Duke Nukem Zero Hour for the Nintendo 64, they should try to beat this game, the levels are vary long and difficult, not only is it hard to find out where to go on later levels but you can die easily in the game and lost 20-30 minutes of progress.

Duke Nukem Zero Hour has a lot of levels it is a LONG game too, and I could never beat it without cheats. I give you a helpful tip though, make sure you use your head in this game, there are times where if you need to pick up a gas mask and if you don't have it selected you die almost instantly, there are NO checkpoints and although there is no life limit, but you need to start over at the beginning of the level every single time

this is a 3rd person view shooter/platformer, with traps and if you don't think fast or know what you're doing you can kiss 30 minutes of gameplay goodbye and need to try to progress all over again.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 07:07:33 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

telly

Re: Extra Hard Games That We Could Recommend To Someone And Why Discussion
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 07:20:50 pm »
Any old school Medal of Honor game because it has no checkpoints

Monster Hunter also comes to mind
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 03:47:43 am »
I don't know why but somehow I find Valfaris for the Switch extremely difficult. I just cannot cope with the boss patterns and the erratic movement of enemies. Additionally they respawn extremely fast and pop up suddenly and clip through walls thus making defense impossible in certain parts of the game. And when they appear in masses shooting from different angles it is just a nonstop frustration experience due to the weapon only being able to shoot in 45° steps, especially when there is no checkpoint directly afterwards when you're low on health and full of battle wounds.

That being said it is a nice looking pixelart game with pretty outstanding metal music for those of us who enjoy that kind of music (I'm not a particularly big fan of metal but still nice to listen to in a game). I'd grant it a recommendation if you can grab it cheaply.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 03:49:55 am by blurks »

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 08:28:58 am »
The obvious answer here is the Soulsborne series, and the copycats.  What typically makes these games so difficult is the lack of clear direction on what needs to be done.  However, once you figure out the gameplay loop and get used to the mechanics they become extremely rewarding and engaging.

Other newer examples are Cuphead, Celeste, and (a little older) Super Meat Boy.

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 03:34:10 pm »
for the PlayStation 1 "Test Drive 4"  I have played this game on and off between the last few months and it's an extremely difficult arcade car racing game.

First off all the CPU cars go pretty much the same speed as you do, they can cut corners perfectly while I can't and the only time you win is if you are a perfect. If you try to win by goig ahead from the beginning of the race the CPU will knock you out of control and spin you around backwards, this game is ok but I have not figured out how to win yet probably because my skin itches when I play for a long time and I can't do a perfect crash free run because of it.

and you the game simulates speed, and forces you to go 210MPH through almost the entire race, also when you have the traffic option turned on police stop you and slow you down, some cars are impossible to win with
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 03:44:35 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2020, 04:37:04 pm »
Pretty much any SHMUP, although some are definitely way better than others. I've only played a few I'd consider easy, but traditionally they are very, very hard games. Here are my top SHMUPS I've played in case anyone wants a lot of good recommendations. The numbers to the left are the game's score out of 50.

[44] Radiant Silvergun (Saturn)
[43] Layer Section (Saturn)
[42] Dodonpachi (Saturn)
[42] Mushihimesama Futari (360)
[42] Battle Garegga (Arcade)
[41] Soukyugurentai (Saturn)
[40] Armed Police Batrider (Arcade)
[39] Hyper Duel (Arcade)
[38] Dodonpachi Dai Ou Jou (Arcade)
[37] Raiden Fighters (360)
[37] Mars Matrix (Dreamcast)
[37] Ikaruga (Gamecube)
[37] Thunder Force IV (Saturn)
[36] ESP Ra. De. (Arcade)
[36] Ghost Blade HD (PS4)
[36] Deathsmiles (360)
[36] Viper Phase 1 (Arcade)
[36] Border Down (Dreamcast)
[36] Ketsui (PS3)
[35] Under Defeat (PS3)
[35] RayStorm (PS2)
[35] Raiden Fighters 2 (360)
[35] Mushihimesama (PS2)
[35] Thunder Force VI (PS2)
[35] ESPgaluda (Arcade)
[34] Sonic Wings Special (Saturn)
[34] Muchi Muchi Pork (360)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 04:40:51 pm by bikingjahuty »

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2020, 03:59:49 am »
Pretty much any SHMUP, although some are definitely way better than others. I've only played a few I'd consider easy, but traditionally they are very, very hard games. Here are my top SHMUPS I've played in case anyone wants a lot of good recommendations. The numbers to the left are the game's score out of 50.

[44] Radiant Silvergun (Saturn)
[43] Layer Section (Saturn)
[42] Dodonpachi (Saturn)
[42] Mushihimesama Futari (360)
[42] Battle Garegga (Arcade)
[41] Soukyugurentai (Saturn)
[40] Armed Police Batrider (Arcade)
[39] Hyper Duel (Arcade)
[38] Dodonpachi Dai Ou Jou (Arcade)
[37] Raiden Fighters (360)
[37] Mars Matrix (Dreamcast)
[37] Ikaruga (Gamecube)
[37] Thunder Force IV (Saturn)
[36] ESP Ra. De. (Arcade)
[36] Ghost Blade HD (PS4)
[36] Deathsmiles (360)
[36] Viper Phase 1 (Arcade)
[36] Border Down (Dreamcast)
[36] Ketsui (PS3)
[35] Under Defeat (PS3)
[35] RayStorm (PS2)
[35] Raiden Fighters 2 (360)
[35] Mushihimesama (PS2)
[35] Thunder Force VI (PS2)
[35] ESPgaluda (Arcade)
[34] Sonic Wings Special (Saturn)
[34] Muchi Muchi Pork (360)

Shoot em up games are usually all vary vary difficult. I only ever beat one shoot em up game that had 1-5 stages on a plug and play device I never really mentioned on here. "Star Soldier" for the NES is extremely difficult shoot em up game I never made it past the 3rd stage on Star Soldier on my best playthough to date.

Another difficult racing game I will recommend is "Star Wars Episode 1 Racer N64" this one stage has you racing at top speed through a track spinning & twisting trap door shutting obstacle course multiple times, also this one stage includes an impossible jump that every time I try the jump I die and lose back 3 or 4 opponents in the race, the good thing about this racing game is the fact that you have unlimited lives in a race, because you can crash and die a lot in this racing games stages and still come back and win.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 04:03:50 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 08:57:14 am »
Stepping into something a little more modern, I'd say "Battlefield 3" Single Player Campaign for the PlayStation 3 can get extremely frustrating. Since parts of that game have you going through a lot mission, where their is gun fire that can kill you from all hidden directions. And you can't duck and hide anywhere, without getting killed from too many hits.

Bullets go through walls and enemies duck and use the games fog for cover as well, Battlefield 3 out right pissed me off yesterday. One part I literally had to fire in all random directions. Just to get past it, another part your inside an airplane, and you have to bomb unmarked planes while flying in the air. they are tiny planes below and I could barley see shit with all the clouds obscuring my view. and your also timed on that mission

I got pissed at that. But, by the time I reached another mission. the above happened to me and out right soured my mood so extremely bad.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 01:18:14 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

ferraroso

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2020, 07:53:07 pm »
I find most games in the Makaimura (Ghouls 'n Ghosts 'n Goblins 'n whatever) series to be extremely difficult, yet rewarding. The 2D graphics of most of the entries in this series still hold up and the gameplay is very well done.
It may appeal to someone who wishes to try hard games. I, however, am yet to see the ending of any game of this series... Haha

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2020, 10:23:12 pm »
The vary first Halo game for the original Xbox

Halo: Combat Evolved for the Original Xbox, can be extremely difficult even on the lowest difficulty setting.

Halo Combat Evolved starts out like a traditional Call Of Duty Game when you have AI solders helping you out. But in the middle, till the end of the campaign. Is when you are all by yourself, it can become vary difficult, when your up against entire armies with wave after wave of attack and you are by yourself. The enemies don't stop coming out of hidden places and the game don't even give you time to take a break.

More then a couple of times I found myself stuck in a corner and running out of ammo just mashing the close range attack button trying vary hard not to die, with no ammo and just the back of my gun, some of the enemies come back to life unless you knock their head once there on the ground.

My tips for Halo:Combat Evolved (this is for the original Xbox)

1: Reload after every gunfight
2: Explore the game to find additional guns, ammo, and, medical kits  vehicles, hovercraft, aircraft, and tanks   
3: Do not ever let your guard down especially later in a single player game.
4: Watch your ammo and pick up the enemies weapons as often as you see them dropped.
5: Conserve your ammo, your gonna need a ton of it for the enemies later on

Question: is the original Halo game (combat evolved) easier in the Master Chief Collection for the Xbox One?

I beat this game using an Xbox360
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 10:34:37 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED