Author Topic: Anyone played DBZ Kakarot or Terminator Resistance?  (Read 2035 times)

Anyone played DBZ Kakarot or Terminator Resistance?
« on: January 18, 2020, 12:20:31 pm »
Worth getting?

Re: Anyone played DBZ Kakarot or Terminator Resistance?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 10:14:20 pm »
From what I've seen only big fans of the series will really enjoy them. Terminator is not very good but big Terminator fans enjoy it.

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 10:33:03 pm »
Been wanting to pick up Terminator for Xbox. Bestbuy site still says sold out. Would buy elsewhere, but I want my 20% off.

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 10:41:20 pm »
Everything I've heard on Terminator is that it's a really outdated game, but does some good fan service stuff.

DBZ: Kakarot is only worth it if you are a serious DB fan. It's not particularly amazing in any area, but some of the side story stuff has some enjoyable dialogue and just flying around in the small open sections is kinda fun, but I can get into some of the mindless open world aspects in games easier than others can.  Some of the cutscenes are great when they really put the money into it, usually just once or twice per saga at big moments, but they are cool and it is a pretty reasonable retelling of DBZ, even though I wish they would stop doing this and put some work into some original stories for once.  Gameplay is kinda like a better feeling Xenoverse to me.

pzeke

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 10:28:35 am »
In regards to DBZ: Kakarot: while browsing around YouTube I got a few recommendations for a play-through of the game and ended up watching them. Quite frankly, I liked what I saw, but given the DLC that's apparently coming out, I'll just wait for the complete edition or whatever it gets called. Definitely not a $60 game for me, either, and I happen to like Dragon Ball.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 10:29:53 pm by pzeke »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 08:05:05 am »
I’ve played through the majority of DBZ Kakarot now.

I consider myself a big fan of Dragon Ball and this game is just okay.

There are some very major flaws with it.

The ‘open world’ is actually just a series of hub areas that have long load screens to move between, the game isn’t served well by the supposed ‘open world’ design because the environments are very low detail (I know it’s supposed to look like an anime but it just comes off low poly rather than cel shaded a lot of the time) and the activities in the areas are not engaging at all - there are collectathon orbs everywhere and some stationary RR towers and Frieza ships that can only be attacked using basic ki blasts in the free roam sort of mode, the enemies roaming are for the most part Red Ribbon robots with skull faces. The enemies are generic and boring to fight and feel out of place in a game set during the Z timeline.

There’s really nothing interesting to do outside of the main story. Which brings me to the meat of the content of the game - it’s the story of DBZ so saiyn saga, frieza saga, Android/cell saga, buu saga. Sadly a great deal of the storytelling it by barely animated character models reeling off dialogue boxes without voice acting at each other.

The story largely plays out as a series of boss battles in essence, the fights feel very samey - mash attack, block/dodge attacks, use supers. It’s not particularly satisfying. As the story progresses the enemies basically become progressively more like bullet sponges and get health bars of hundreds of thousands HP to whittle down.

Both the delivery of the story and the fights themselves are therefore not ideal. And the open world elements aren’t worth participating in.

I’m just rushing to completion with the intent of selling the game off while it still has value.

I’ve enjoyed Xenoversev2 more, personally.

pzeke

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2020, 08:25:59 am »
Most DBZ games are essentially rehashes, so hey. But based on the play-through I saw, it's definitely a step above Sagas, as far as a "non-fighting" DBZ game goes—putting that part with quotations given the obvious nature of the series.

I think they should just make a game that doesn't adhere to the main story, and just allow the player to recreate the entire saga. Plenty of potential with such an idea. I feel when it comes to DBZ games, they're like Superman stories, in that almost everything has been done already.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 08:38:01 pm by pzeke »

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2020, 05:20:29 pm »
Confused at Seethers post:

Are there guns in DBZ Kakarot? or were you playing Terminator Resistance? or both? LOL I can't imagine a Dragon Ball Z game with guns and bullet sponges, that is just too funny.

But I would personally think it would be funny to have guns in a Dragon Ball Z game. But I could definitely imagine guns and bullet sponges in Terminator Resistance.

don't take this to heart Seether, I just thought guns in a Dragon Ball Z game would be hilarious, When I was younger I used to watch Dragon Ball Z every day after school I watched most of the episodes, and in the dragon ball Z saga as far as I seen guns are worthless against mostly all Dragon Ball Z characters,

(edit) I re-read the post and you said like bullet sponges.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 05:30:40 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2020, 05:52:34 pm »
I think Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot is a better functioning experience than Xenoverse 2, it all looks and plays better, Xenoverse 2 just wins out by just the sheer volume of customization and characters to play as.  That said, it's added a ton of DLC, and as a game that is still generally over 20 dollars in most places, there's a 160 dollars in extra content, which is crazy.

I'm kinda hopeful that they are gonna take the work they did with Kakarot and use that to craft Xenoverse 3.

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2020, 01:37:31 pm »
Anyone think it's a good jumping in point for someone with no history with the Dragon Ball series?

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2020, 02:10:28 pm »
Anyone think it's a good jumping in point for someone with no history with the Dragon Ball series?

Kinda? It's a game built primarily for people who already know the series, but I think you could get the general story well enough through it as they hit most of the important story beats well enough. 

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2020, 03:59:28 pm »

Kinda? It's a game built primarily for people who already know the series, but I think you could get the general story well enough through it as they hit most of the important story beats well enough. 

Cool. I think I’ll give it a go when it comes down a bit in price.

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2020, 04:02:39 pm »

Cool. I think I’ll give it a go when it comes down a bit in price.

Yeah I absolutely wouldn't recommend it at full price, especially for a non-fan, but once it's down to like 30 bucks, you could check it out, you might enjoy certain story parts and the action can be entertaining enough if you are into anime.

pzeke

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2020, 08:39:39 pm »

Given I saw a full play-through of the game, I would say yes. However, there are other good Dragon Ball games that could be a good starting point for someone who has never experienced the series. For instance, I would recommend The Legacy of Goku series for the GBA, Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans for the NDS, as well as Dragon Ball Origins 1 and 2 also for the NDS, and even Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo for the Wii. Quite possibly some of the best games in the series that aren't fighters.

Anyway, I would also wait until the game comes down in price, especially taking into account there's DLC planned for it.

sworddude

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2020, 01:10:24 pm »

Given I saw a full play-through of the game, I would say yes. However, there are other good Dragon Ball games that could be a good starting point for someone who has never experienced the series. For instance, I would recommend The Legacy of Goku series for the GBA, Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans for the NDS, as well as Dragon Ball Origins 1 and 2 also for the NDS, and even Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo for the Wii. Quite possibly some of the best games in the series that aren't fighters.

Anyway, I would also wait until the game comes down in price, especially taking into account there's DLC planned for it.

If you have zero experience with the series It's better to just watch the anime or read the manga instead. the story in the games is shortened allot with a bit of exclusive stuff wich is not in the main series filled with some mediocre gameplay in between to fill the time. It's not really the best way to experience the series and a ton of those story based anime games are pretty bad aswell. Better than movie based games but it's nothing to write home about.

if where talking kid dragonball games

You can skip the ds origins 1 & 2 but especially the wii version they are imo not really great games. i'd even go as far to say that the wii version is a pretty bad game for my taste,

The gba version dragonball advanced adventure is way better and actually an excellent standalone game wether your a fan of the series or not if where talking kid dragonball games. it actually is one of the better gba games gameplay and visual wise.

and aside from the single player content those multiplayer 2d fights are also quite excellent perhaps even the best feature of the game wich was supposedly only one of it's side features. I always loved playing as jackie chun and tien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AuIR80q_OE

i do agree that the rpg's like attack on saiyans on the ds are pretty good though so no comment about that.

If where talking some of the best dbz games many people seem to like dragonball z budokai tenkaichi 3.

or them 2d vs fighting games on the snes especially the later ones like DragonBall Z Super Butouden 3 and ofcourse the most modern 2d fighter dragonball fighterz wich is even loved among competitive esports replacing them marvel vs capcom vs fighters a bit.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 08:24:29 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!