Author Topic: Your favorite Dragonball series  (Read 2725 times)

pzeke

Re: Your favorite Dragonball series
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2020, 07:47:53 pm »
dbz kai removed allot I enjoyed King kai's training wich was massively shortened. wich was great stuff in Z

While Kai was basically made as a way to increase sales, you have to understand it was made, or edited, rather, to closely follow the manga. The original series are still there for everyone to watch, Kai's purpose one would say is to appeal a newer audience, as well as those that read and, to an extent, prefer the manga, or anyone that wishes to experience the saga anew, really. I personally don't mind the filler episodes in DBZ, and although I've yet to watch the series, I certainly appreciate Kai for what it is.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

sworddude

Re: Your favorite Dragonball series
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2020, 08:01:55 am »
dbz kai removed allot I enjoyed King kai's training wich was massively shortened. wich was great stuff in Z

While Kai was basically made as a way to increase sales, you have to understand it was made, or edited, rather, to closely follow the manga. The original series are still there for everyone to watch, Kai's purpose one would say is to appeal a newer audience, as well as those that read and, to an extent, prefer the manga, or anyone that wishes to experience the saga anew, really. I personally don't mind the filler episodes in DBZ, and although I've yet to watch the series, I certainly appreciate Kai for what it is.

the voice acting for quite some characters changed and not always for the best.

I do know why it is made to shorten the series while giving the whole story with almost all filler cut. I get it saves allot of time. and it was more faithfull to the manga

personally it really was a downgrade compared to the original for me, the cutting was not only for the filler. even good stuff in the non filler episodes

The only thing that imo was better was the ginyu force intro, the voice acting of say jace in kai however was a downgrade compared to the original. To me kai was a bad trade off but I can see why it has been made and that other people might appreciate it more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nDC30IMeD8
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 11:51:17 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!