Author Topic: What are the weirdest/most obscure things that you own? (Random Purchase Thread)  (Read 1835 times)

Hello everyone! 

I was thinking yesterday of all the odd ball things we may own outside of games, figures, comics and all the general stuff people collect.  I know people collect anything, but I was wondering what everyone has that some especially on here would deem odd, funny, weird, obscure or just off the wall fun :D

We can also use this as a general tread if we purchase any random cool stuff we want to share but don't want to make a whole off topic post about it.  Like a deck of cards, a laundry detergent you like or anything that you would deem interesting to show.   Kinda like a giant art museum for the odd and insane lol.   

Here are so of my more peculiar amenities  ;D

A piece of Coprolite (Prehistoric Fossilized Dinosaur Poop)

It was about 3 years ago i'd like to say.  Maybe 4.  I had just gotten a new 60 inch tv. And as i've mentioned before.  I really get into fads and fall in full steam ahead.  This was one of those moments.   I was binge watching prehistoric dinosaur documentaries.  Beautifully rendered in 4k visuals.  Where it showed beautiful color renderings of what Borrochiosaurus and other dinosaurs looked like both roaming the open planes of early earth, to battling other dinosaurs in epic beastly battles.   It made me love dinosaurs.  I was addicted to watching them.   And began watching arechologists archive fossils and stuff.

So I decided I wanted to buy a dinosaur fossil.  but of course they are extremely pricey.  with small claws being hundreds of dollars.  Skulls being untouchable.  So I looked up dinosaur fossil.  and the only articles I could afford were coprolite specimens.   Including this coprolite.  Corpolite is the scientifc name for dinosaur plop.   I am refraining from using the 4 letter S word as I don't find it appropriate for these forums.  but for comedic effect.  Dinosaur shit.  lol.   

The dinosaur poop was being sold by an expert in coprolite specimens.  He claims it is from a vegetative dinosaur.  Most likely a bird dinosaur.   He had pictures of him uncovering it, examining it.  he had skulls and a nice lab.  tons of great reviews.  so I trusted him.   I had it looked at on dinosaur pages,  with most confirming it wasn't a scam and was in fact a fossilized poop.     

It is one of my funnier off the wall buys of my days.  I don't really recall why I decided to buy one and not more as I have collector compulsion.  I'm just happy I didn't end up with a wall of them.    If you cup it in your hands and smell.  I can smell faintly the smell of poop although they say you can't as it's basically just a rock at this point.   But might just be my imagination. 

It just feels cool having something that I know is from a dinosaur.  that roamed earth all those millions of years ago. It's special to realize that they were like us. 

WW2 1940s typewriter owned by the US Navy

This one, while less odd.  Is probably more cool to most of you lol.   The story behind this is that I am a very big WW2 history fanatic.  and after watching so many WW2 documentaries and seeing the secrateries on naval vessels typing away.  it made me want an authentic WW2 type writer.  this one actually came with a plaque that says "property of the USN".   and is an underwood 6 dated to be around 1938.  early stages of WW2.    It's the model they would have used on board ships or at ship yards or at barracks in general.  and is one of my favorite things :D 

What are some of the more odd stuff you guys have?   I cant wait to see what creepy, weird, funny or random things everyone has from all over the world.   I also have a odd doll that appears to be a voodoo doll, a giant lightning mcqueen toy,  and a picture of a creepy guy in a easter bunny costume from the 80s. 

Thanks for sharing.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 07:15:28 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

My sister found an ancient volcano rock around one of the lakes in northern Michigan, apparently there used to be a volcano in northern Michigan. It's scary yes but interesting enough for this thread I think, although I don't have a photo of it also we found another rock buried what we believe is ancient poop on our beach as well
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 08:46:38 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

I have a set of Star Wars action figures that were released to commemorate the return of Hong Kong to China.

I also have a toy with literally my name on it. I don't have a common last name, but years ago, I found a Duel Masters monster action figure that used it as the creature's name, so needless to say, I had to buy it.

A dinosaur turd, that's bloody brilliant, I love it! :)

Back in the day I entered a contest held by a metal magazine (I believe Kerrang or Metal Hammer) where the grand prize was a sealed plastic bag containing Scott Ian of Anthrax' beard which he had recently shaven off. I didn't win, unfortunately :)
I have some cool Kane & Lynch press merchandise from when I worked at Io Interactive, my favourite is a noodle box containing a blood spattered wifebeater shirt like the one worn by Lynch in the first game.

A penis

pzeke

Don't get me wrong, those two items definitely would make for some really good conversation pieces, but be careful with those sudden fads of yours.

Anyway, weirdest thing I've ever owned were my teeth from when I was kid. I also used to collect rocks when I was little, but then I grew up and threw them away.

I also have a toy with literally my name on it. I don't have a common last name, but years ago, I found a Duel Masters monster action figure that used it as the creature's name, so needless to say, I had to buy it.

What race/category is the monster?

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

What race/category is the monster?

Here's a pic of it plus the other toy set I mentioned:

ferraroso

Well, considering my collection of stuff related to video games, I think my Pikachu VCR is probably the most random thing I own:

Actually, I'm no Pokémon fan (I've never played a game) and I find it to be pretty crappy for a VCR, but it is a very interesting novelty and definitely stands out in my collection room.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

Well I don't have anything as cool as dino poop.The only thing I have that people tell me is weird is a mexican poncho I wear it around the house all the time and you can use it as a blanket too. And a set of bull horns I hang my hat on.