pode

x
« on: February 05, 2020, 03:27:13 pm »
x
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 02:26:03 pm by pode »

pzeke

Re: Avatar breaking issue
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 04:10:16 pm »
Do you mean within the forum or the website itself? Because I'm not getting what you're referencing when I click an avatar while either logged in or logged out. Maybe I'm missing something...

Is this what you're referring to? Doesn't match your description, but it's about the closest I can think of.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 04:35:30 pm »
I feel like you brought this up already, but maybe it was someone else.

Regardless.

Their avatar doesnt break.  When you click their avatar to see their stats, it proceeds to load your avatar and side bar, but you arent logged in, so there is nothing to load.  Definitely an issue, but not new and not what you're thinking.  Site just doesnt properly handle looking at things while not logged in.

pode

x
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 06:21:11 pm »
x
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 02:25:56 pm by pode »

pzeke

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 06:58:53 pm »
Oh that. Yeah, that's a thing. There should be a default avatar for guests, like something akin to what other places have when a profile doesn't have an avatar.

Maybe something like the image below could be implemented:

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

desocietas

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 07:40:06 pm »
Ah yeah, I wonder if the source for the "no image" avatar is broken somewhere. I'll pass this along to Jason. Thanks for mentioning it, folks!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

tripredacus

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2020, 10:22:58 am »
The site is expecting that anyone who views that type of page has an account. If a page like that is viewed while not logged in, it uses "unknown" as the img src, which is obviously not going to work.

pzeke

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 10:18:09 pm »
That much is obvious. Regardless, the website happens to have an image for when there’s no avatar, as seen below, so it could be incorporated so that whenever a guest sees that page the avatar section actually has an image instead of the broken image icon.

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2020, 03:58:25 pm »
That much is obvious. Regardless, the website happens to have an image for when there’s no avatar, as seen below, so it could be incorporated so that whenever a guest sees that page the avatar section actually has an image instead of the broken image icon.

it used to.

tripredacus

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2020, 11:24:17 am »
If you are using a remote link for your avatar, try instead to upload it to the forum.

desocietas

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2020, 11:50:37 am »
I don't it has anything to do with a remote link. Obviously, my uploaded avatar image works but is broken on the left side (though I think the about page is probably broken in general as the left panel is blank and missing information):

The screenshot was taken when I wasn't logged in.
This is the same as pode's screenshots, of course.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

tripredacus

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2020, 10:02:06 am »
Yes, I confirmed that also. My last post was refering to the situation where the -_- face showed as your picture on your profile instead of the avatar that was on the forum.