Author Topic: In My Opinion We Be Should Be Thankful That We Have VG Collect  (Read 2747 times)

In My Opinion We Be Should Be Thankful That We Have VG Collect
« on: February 19, 2020, 08:16:45 pm »
In short before I found this site I found another one similar called retro collect, they had a vary outdated database and no way to add games to the database and not even a single photo or any information at all on 99% of their games in their database.

While I was there I tried to help the admins out by doing research but they denied all the work I did. Later I was banned permanently when I got into a heated argument with a member who was a long term member of that site one time and I was permanently banned without warning and my account access was banned

Before I was banned from the other site,  a long term member sent me a PM stating he was offended by my avatar I apologized  to this long term member in a PM reply for him getting offended by my avatar (an upright cross). he sent me a reply stating he wanted another apology for telling him to calm down in another PM. I didn't replay to his request. a week of month later I could no longer log in multiple times and it said UN-Significant  Permissions

I removed the cross after a Moderator told me to remove it so I did, but was banned a month after for unknown reasons.

If you don't care about reading my story just skip the top part,

but my point is there is by no way no way a better site than this one. (forum and database wise) This site is a collectors dream. I recommend this site to collectors and all video game enthusiasts world wide. but I don't recommend this site for making money, this is not a marketplace for strangers, If you want to sell something then open up a amazon selling account or an Ebay or Etsy Selling account.

There is a marketplace but I don't plan to ever use it,

Another thing is the staff  and other members care about members even new commers

I think that people should be thankful for this online community.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 08:24:52 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

shadowzero

PRO Supporter

Re: In My Opinion We Be Should Be Thankful That We Have VG Collect
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 08:40:32 pm »
Here here!  Barkeep...get everyone here a round of sarsaparilla so that we may toast to VG!

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 08:45:31 pm »
I'm tremendously thankful for VG Collect every single day of my life, and the bonds and friendships I have made here.  This is a wholesome and loving place the likes the internet has never seen before.   The one and only gaming site I have been on that doesn't seem to devolve into name calling and console wars every day.   Finding this site was a miracle and I don't recall how it happened for me.   But i'm so thankful I did :)

The admin team here deserves so much praise.  It's an incredible site.   God bless all of you.

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 10:00:49 pm »
VGcollect is definitely the best forum I've belonged to, as well as the one I've belonged to the longest. It's definitely the most laid back and friendly gaming forums I've ever belonged to.

spac316

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 11:07:47 pm »
I like having and organized list of my collection and showing off my latest acquisitions. And I like that I could add to the database if the game I got isn't there after a through search.
The app is also helpful from keeping me getting accidental duplicates, lol!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 11:17:08 pm by spac316 »

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 10:53:33 am »
I'm definitely grateful for VGCollect! I have at least half a dozen old collection accounts on the internet, becuase I added some games only to find something I owned couldn't be listed. Or I'd try to double check a system set & find out there's not way to sort the collection. This is the only place online were I can get everything I want in my collection properly listed in a nice, browsable way. I knew I'd found something special Day 1 when I was adding the NES games, and found separate listings for the number of screws in the cart- I didn't even know about that variant until then! I love that if you get something weird that doesn't fit neatly into the database, you can ask about it in the forums & actually get an answer! The fact that the general chatter in the forums is so pleasant is just a bonus- the icing on the VG collect cake, if you will. Shame I don't bake many cakes, I could make one of those for real... maybe I'll do some cookies next Christmas.

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 04:33:33 pm »
I am. Similar sites just aren't as good.

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2020, 04:42:52 pm »
I mean, there's like 6 people online at any given time and for the most part it's an insular community.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2020, 07:23:20 pm »
Im very thankful I found this site I think everyone's been very helpful in helping me expand my collection.I've learned alot about games and systems I probably would of never even heard of if not for the VG Collect community. So from admins to members thanks to all.

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2020, 07:23:41 pm »
I mean, there's like 6 people online at any given time and for the most part it's an insular community.

Many people use this site for other reasons, myself included. I do it to keep track of what I have, and what I want. While I do venture here to the message boards, I find they are often not anything I'm interested in, so I read but rarely participate. While I don't really consider myself a part of this community, I certainly appreciate the website. if I didn't I wouldn't ever log in (I honestly think that goes for most people)

telly

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2020, 09:08:25 pm »
I raise a bag of Tootsie Rolls in VGCollect's honor!!  ;D
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

mark1982

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2020, 10:48:51 pm »

Great job for the admins keeping the database up to date as well, making the small changes here and there must be tedious, but it's greatly appreciated to keep the entries up to date ;D

Big Thanks!
  l    l 

ferraroso

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2020, 11:46:25 pm »
I am very thankful VGCollect exists!
Apart from it being a very user friendly online video game database and helping me in keeping track of my collection, the forum and its members are overall great!

I used to be part of some forums and Facebook groups for motorcycle riders, but once posts filled with references to Nazism (I don't mean anything that could be understood under the Godwin's law, I mean Holocaust deniers posting real Nazi symbology) became common place and moderators stopped banning far-right extremists, I knew it was time for me to go.

It may not be perfect, but for me, VGCollect represents an oasis of good vibes in this desert of hate that the internet is quickly turning into.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 04:14:31 am by ferraroso »

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2020, 03:36:47 am »
Shots for everyone!

Cheers!  :D

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2020, 06:35:51 am »
I've only been a member of the site a short while, but it has been very welcoming  :)

Well done to everyone who plays a part in creating a happy corner of the internet!