Author Topic: What games are you playing during this dystopian lockdown?  (Read 2962 times)

What games are you playing during this dystopian lockdown?
« on: March 24, 2020, 03:58:10 pm »
I just got Sekiro.

It’s dope af

Re: What games are you playing during this dystopian lockdown?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 05:42:37 pm »
Fortunately the timing of everything happened during a large influx of new games, so I've picked up Nioh 2 and Doom Eternal, might grab Animal Crossing sometime, and I have Resident Evil 3 Remake and Final Fantasy 7 Remake on pre-order.  Along with that I have Jurassic World Evolution, and Assassin's Creed Odyssey because there was a real good PC sale for them.

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 05:46:50 pm »
A combination of a couple different things tbh. I have taken it upon myself to give a try to games I have never had the chance to give a try from the collection to see whether or not it clicks and so far, I've been having fun discovering some games I didnt think I would really spend time with but also so far one game that bored me very quick which I thought was going to be good. Otherwise, there have been games I have played through since this whole thing really started like I finally finished Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and then I ran through Doki Doki Literature Club which to my surprise was really good.

Games I have tried so far that I never played:

Rumble Rose
Justice League Heroes
Matrix: Path of Neo
ZombiU

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 08:18:51 pm »
Just got 4 new games for my birthday earlier this month: Batman Arkham Knight, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Blasphemous, and Hollow Knight. Plus, I bought Dragon Age Inquisition last year around my birthday but hadn’t gotten around to playing it yet. So in terms of games, I’m set for a while. And if I finish all those before the world gets back to normal, I still haven’t finished Fallout 4 yet.

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 08:58:01 pm »
I downloaded FFVII and Agent A on Xbox One.
Been playing those along with Gems of War. My work didn’t get shut down, so same amount of free time so far.

telly

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 11:19:53 pm »
Dark Souls: Remastered
Shovel Knight: King of Cards
Shovel Knight: Showdown
Yugioh: Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

mark1982

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 03:03:41 am »
Just mainly on my Switch, playing Timespinner on my free time since I'm still working from home.

My company is still business as usual but all remotely from home along with conference call meetings. Hours are pretty much the same as before, just don't have to travel anywhere.
  l    l 

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2020, 08:59:05 am »
Animal Crossing: New Horizons

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2020, 11:10:31 am »
Let's see... I've been locked at home for about 2 weeks now... I played some random 360/PS1 games and then Doom 64 and Doom Eternal.  I'm really enjoying Doom Eternal, but I don't think it's gonna last me much longer.

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2020, 11:31:22 am »
Mostly Yakuza Kiwami so far. Took a day on Monster Hunter World to fight the Raging Brachydios & Furious Rajang. And, since everyone else I know is playing it, I ordered a copy of Animal Crossing New Horizons & it should be here Friday (we'll see).

pifflegatari

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2020, 03:54:52 pm »
I am trying to play through some of the previous Persona games starting from 1 (even though I don't need to) before my copy of Persona 5 Royal arrives, which won't be here until second week of April anyways. I also have a couple of visual novels for bedtime stories.

azure

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2020, 09:07:38 pm »
Been replaying Fate/Stay Night: Réalta Nua for a refresher. My significant other is getting into the series, so decided to replay all 3 routes as it has been a loooong time.

kashell

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2020, 10:46:05 pm »
Mainly the Mega Man Zero Legacy Collection. I finished Zero through Zero 3 so far, and I'm about halfway through Zero 4.

I'm also trying to figure out something to play alongside it while I wait for the Trials of Mana release.

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2020, 11:33:52 pm »
Since i can't get out of my home and my work had to temporally close because of the Covid-19, i'm full time on Animal Crossing: New Horizons (that i had to get on the Nintendo e-shop because my pre-order on Amazon is still not getting shipped, but that's understandable) and since i've received my copy of The Yakuza Collection a few weeks before i'm thinking on restarting the full series on PS4. Also since i have a "lot" of free time i've decided to come back and update a bit my collection on VGC  8).

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2020, 05:37:04 am »
Mass Effect Andromeda on and off. Going for a 100% playthrough, personally i freaking love the game, but that might be because i never played it on its initial release when it was borked af  XD

GTA V, mostly the Doomsday heists and hating every minute of it. Not because it's hard, but because the people i'm playing it with are making it hard  >.<

The Quiet Man........... I really wish i hadn't started this one, urgh.
The devs should have just made a short film, because that feels like that's what it should have been and not a game.
Honestly, when the ads came out i didn't know what i was expecting, but i know i wasn't expecting a game that 7/8ths of it is silent live action movie and the other 1/8ths is an EXTREMELY badly made beat em up  :/
It's just poorly made and poorly thought out and buggy and glitchy as all hell, which is impressive given the lack of actual gameplay.

And i finished Wailing Heights while i've been quarantined.
Great ideas, love the graphical style and the overall themes of the game. It's a bit of a technical mess, but it works ok  :)

Back to work on Monday though, i've not seen the sun for about 12 days now. I think if i step out in the sun at this point i may just burst into flames  XD