Author Topic: Anyone played the True Crime series? Thoughts?  (Read 1467 times)

Anyone played the True Crime series? Thoughts?
« on: April 23, 2020, 08:05:47 pm »
I've been playing Streets of LA, and while I do really like it, it can be too challenging in certain places. Like certain racing levels are near-impossible to beat. I typically wouldn't have a problem with that but it's a cop game and trying to get to your brother's dojo in time isn't the main draw to the gameplay.

Re: Anyone played the True Crime series? Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 08:23:45 pm »
I've only played Streets of LA years back and really enjoyed it. It does get a bit out there like maybe mid way through the game but thats what made it enjoyable. It can be challenging at time but doable. That said, the final boss can eat it.

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 08:46:58 pm »
It does get a bit out there like maybe mid way through the game but thats what made it enjoyable.
Oh, definitely. I think it's just the driving missions that are tedious to me. I've had a couple of them that are WAY harder than the normal missions.

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 09:01:33 pm »
It does get a bit out there like maybe mid way through the game but thats what made it enjoyable.
Oh, definitely. I think it's just the driving missions that are tedious to me. I've had a couple of them that are WAY harder than the normal missions.

I get that. When it comes to open world games with cars involved, I tend to be pretty shitty with the driving especially driving missions that either require you to reach a destination in a certain amount of time or chase missions. More often than not, all it takes is one bad crash to screw everything up.

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 09:45:05 pm »
I love True Crimes Streets Of LA. I have played through the GameCube version many times over. but I only went through the game with the upgrades cheat so far. and I got the average ending one time and all the rest of the times where I didn't use the all upgrades cheat I got all the poor endings.

I don't really like the missions either, I prefer only the driving missions where you can drive around and either fight crime or create death and destruction like on the Gran Theft Auto games, I only like to do the good things on that game today.

The point of True Crimes Streets of LA is to be the good cop and do good things. To earn points and use those earned points to complete mini games that you need to pass in order to reach the next upgrade.

the blue dumbbells, and the car, and the cursor icons are your upgrade locations on your radar.

You need to use the freeplay missions in order to get those needed points for those needed upgrades you also need to keep your character alive by going to the health cross locations on your radar,

Don't complete the story @dakooldood just try to get all the upgrades first on the missions like "driving for chow" and the others. because if once you get to the end of the game with 3 endings cut scenes  it erases all your progress and you need to start over from scratch
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 09:47:08 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 09:49:19 pm »
I've only played Streets of LA years back and really enjoyed it. It does get a bit out there like maybe mid way through the game but thats what made it enjoyable. It can be challenging at time but doable. That said, the final boss can eat it.

That final boss is terrible

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2020, 09:51:36 pm »
Got it, I'll go back through and get some of the upgrades first. Thanks for the tips oldgamerz!

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2020, 09:56:07 pm »
Got it, I'll go back through and get some of the upgrades first. Thanks for the tips oldgamerz!

your welcome :)

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2020, 07:32:30 pm »
Another vary inportant tip is to use the yellow P locations on your radar in True Crimes: Streets Of LA to save your game without costing points. If you don't save first you lose all your point progress turning off the system does not save your current also the green arrow is also a save point as well

You could use the blue Dumbells or the Blue Cursor or the blue cars icons to save but it will cost 100 points, another hint in this game is you have more free save yellow P locations located in the Downtown areas, but the rest of the map there kind of rare to find elsewhere
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 07:34:19 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2020, 11:18:23 am »
It’s a game I liked at the time, and really appreciated its attempt at doing an in depth combat system - which was GTA’s biggest flaw at the time.  It was cool to drive around LA, but going back it’s pretty barren compared to GTA, which kept thing smaller in order to create depth.

Like so many open world games from the time it hasn’t really aged well, unfortunately.  If you want a modern take check out Sleeping Dogs, which was originally going to be a True Crime game but ended up being more of a spiritual successor.