Author Topic: Your Focus on Collecting?  (Read 6362 times)

sonicfan53

Re: Your Focus on Collecting?
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2020, 01:04:24 pm »
I'd say... Mega Drive and Switch.

mastodon

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2020, 02:49:41 am »
My retro focus is the Sega Game Gear. I pretty well stopped collecting for other systems a while back but continue to add to my Game Gear collection. There's a stopping point for me though. I'm still looking for a handful of games, but after those are collected, the rest of the Game Gear library will go onto an Everdrive.

Right now I have a few projects that I'm tinkering with. I am at the start of learning Z80 Assembler programming to start the process of creating my own Ninja Turtles game for the Game Gear. I've already created the box art, cartridge label, and full instruction manual to use as a blueprint. I've also put together mock gameplay footage of what I'm wanting it to look like once completed. It's essentially a combo of the original on NES and the 16bit games; Hyperstone Heist and IV. With having done that video, I have much of the sprite artwork completed for animation purposes. I also have a good chunk of one of the level's artwork completed.

My next project is how to get the Ninja Turtles game onto a Game Gear cartridge when complete. Luckily, I have a couple options. First option is the Everdrive cartridge. Second is to buy a PCB board and flash an eeprom with .gg ROM once it's done. I'm also looking into creating custom Game Gear cartridge shells.

Lot's on my table at the moment and almost all revolving around Game Gear.

I don't have a GameGear yet, but I did recent pickup a Super GameBoy 2 and the Everdrive GB.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2020, 09:51:19 am »
My collection has zero focus right now. I started off the year trying to not buy any games for the whole year.
Well, that lasted until I found a Sega Master System game in a Goodwill. That never happens; even if it was just Great Football, I took it as a sign from God that I should give up that stupid idea of not buying games.
Now, I’m buying the LRG stuff that’s interesting, Switch stuff I find cheap, and the occasional good deal.
I’m always looking for SMS, Dreamcast, and XBox stuff.
Honestly, I’ve had a lot of fun this year playing my Switch. I’d like to get off in a few more old games, but I’m really happy right now.

With all that said, anyone got a cheap Stadium Events?

Warmsignal

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2020, 10:56:40 pm »
It's as sporadic as it's ever been. One month it's console A, B, and C that I'm most interested in, the next month it's X, Y, and Z.

When I got an XB1 in January it became very much about that, and to some degree PS2 and original Xbox on the side. Now, I'm trending back towards Nintendo Switch, and PS4 on the side.

My overall focus is and has always been, basically all of the major consoles from gen 3 through current gen.

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2020, 12:33:11 am »
Retro: collect full set of North American N64 and Full set for Randnet starter kit (N64 DD) with the retail boxed set. Any Promo I can get my hands on! My top ten sealed n64 games. Back ups for n64. An everdrive for it. Anyting for N64. Other than that I just collect what i want in retro. I might go for virtual boy full set because its a small set. I collect japanese stuff to, mainly n64 games. You can tell N64 is my fave lol.
Build a crt tv stand to fit a mini fridge in it. Have a vcr on a crt station. My gamming crt features 2 rca splitters.

Modern: I mainly collect what I want in modern. Would like to expand wii u and switch a lot. Also will build a 70 inch tv stand to fit up to maybe 10 consoles on it with drawers for storage.. Gonna share on here when done. I 'm getting a 4k hdmi switcher with 8 ports. The wiiu and switch go on top of the stand with the tv in between.  Gaming pc.

Hardware: multiple n64s. Japanese versions unless region free. Some color variations. 

Have a lot planned, but Kirby says happy gaming. <(^o^)>
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2020, 12:35:44 am »
Retro: collect full set of North American N64 and Full set for Randnet starter kit (N64 DD) with the retail boxed set. Any Promo I can get my hands on! My top ten sealed n64 games. Back ups for n64. An everdrive for it. Anyting for N64. Other than that I just collect what i want in retro. I might go for virtual boy full set because its a small set. I collect japanese stuff to, mainly n64 games. You can tell N64 is my fave lol.
Build a crt tv stand to fit a mini fridge in it. Have a vcr on a crt station. My gamming crt features 2 rca splitters.

Modern: I mainly collect what I want in modern. Would like to expand wii u and switch a lot. Also will build a 70 inch tv stand to fit up to maybe 10 consoles on it with drawers for storage.. Gonna share on here when done. I 'm getting a 4k hdmi switcher with 8 ports. The wiiu and switch go on top of the stand with the tv in between.  Gaming pc.

Hardware: multiple n64s. Japanese versions unless region free. Some color variations. 

Have a lot planned, but Kirby says happy gaming. <(^o^)>

Also plan on collecting all nintendo,Sony, microsoft and segas. One variant of every one of them. Unless another catches my eye.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2020, 03:35:29 am »
Anything PS1+ Forward. If i own the console for, under RPGs/Horror/Unique Fun Games

Recently bought in last hour, PS4 Outward (Want to try split screen with wife), Divinity 2 Definitive Edition, Gravity Rush 2, Control. 

Recently beaten Final Fantay VII Remake.

But i enjoy especially collecting for Switch/PSVita/PSP/DS/3DS.  I got most games that are RPGs/Horror in those categories, but still missing few hidden gems.

For PS1, i think i only need like less than 20 games to be done.  But most of them are $40 to $120.  So kinda hard to justify sometimes picking them up.
The Mind is The Slayer of Reality. --- LoS

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2020, 10:26:32 am »
Going for a complete Xbox collection as of right now. Not in a hurry, so I'll be collecting for other systems on the side, but that is my primary focus.

Flashback2012

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2020, 11:39:46 am »
My collection has zero focus right now. I started off the year trying to not buy any games for the whole year.
Well, that lasted until I found a Sega Master System game in a Goodwill. That never happens; even if it was just Great Football, I took it as a sign from God that I should give up that stupid idea of not buying games.
Now, I’m buying the LRG stuff that’s interesting, Switch stuff I find cheap, and the occasional good deal.
I’m always looking for SMS, Dreamcast, and XBox stuff.
Honestly, I’ve had a lot of fun this year playing my Switch. I’d like to get off in a few more old games, but I’m really happy right now.

With all that said, anyone got a cheap Stadium Events?

That SMS football game was the start of something Great amirite? Now you've got nearly the whole lineup of "Great" games for that system.  ;D

I'd love to run down the rest of the domestic SMS library and have a complete set. It's more of a pipe/lottery dream than a focus to have the complete US SMS set (along with Colecovision, TG16/Duo, and Neo Geo Pocket). My local flea used to have several vendors with TONS of SMS/Genesis stuff until it all dried up. I've got most of the heavy hitters out of the way thankfully but every time I do find SMS games, it's the most common ones. Anymore I try to find import titles from UK/AUS.

As for Stadium Events...I don't have that but perhaps I could interest you in a VERY similar game called World Class Track Meet?  :P  ;)

azure

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2020, 02:21:14 pm »
My only real focus when collecting was getting all the GCN games I always wanted. That's been done for a while now, so I just focus on buying games I find interesting/want to play for the consoles I enjoy.

megasilverx1

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2020, 08:54:28 pm »
I don't really have a console I focus on collecting for; I just like getting games that look fun and/or interesting to me. Counting my Famicom/Disk System games, I've ended up with over 100 NES games over the twelve years I've had the system which would make up the biggest chunk of my game collection. If I had to focus on console to collect for, it'd probably be the Atari 7800 since their are only like 59 or so games for it and no one really seems to care about the system, so I can't imagine most of the games being terribly expensive.

tidus79

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2020, 05:16:00 am »
I'd say Pc Engine and Super Famicom!

Warmsignal

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2020, 12:17:43 am »
Currently focusing on... Atari Jaguar of all things! Yeah, a console I picked up in 2012, became disenchanted with and later openly bashed out of spite. Now that prices have gotten super high, I figure it's a great time to get back into it. I'm already neck deep into CIB collecting for it, and I'm lovin' it. It really is a neat, but woefully misunderstood little footnote in gaming history. Taking another look years later with a brand new set of eyes, and the library is actually quite a bit more intriguing than I initially thought.

Because it's so ludicrously expensive, there are no side-focus consoles at the moment.

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2020, 03:53:23 am »
My main focus for a long time now has been all different kinds of racing video games, for whatever consoles I already have I now have an assortment of both sim and arcade racing games.

MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

soera

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2020, 12:47:52 pm »
I am still missing 2 PS4 consoles and 2 controllers. After that, its basically the rest of the PS4 games I want.

I will buy a PS5 but Im not going to collect for it. PS4 is the end for me. :(