Author Topic: What Is Your Most Favorite Video Game Console? And Why?  (Read 3187 times)

Re: What Is Your Most Favorite Video Game Console? And Why?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2020, 03:22:33 am »
Playstation 2.

Cause it saved my life as teenager, had a abusive step parent, moved around 3-4 times during high school years so couldnt make any friends.  Video Games, always made me want to be a person that helps people, and protect them.  Video Games were my friends, and my window to adventure.
The Mind is The Slayer of Reality. --- LoS

sworddude

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2020, 09:02:17 am »
I've had better memories with the ps1 with crash bandicoot spyro them addicted survival horror game fans

Ps2 days. I always saw the ps2 as the system with trash games. I didnt like ps2.

And i can see why

95% of ps2 lots today and even years ago when deals where more plentifull consists of garbage aka libraries of what tons of ps2 owners played. the gems are usually hidden, games that people usually don't have I discovered those years later that I could finally see the ps2 having tons of fun games.

Ps2 was only nice for gta sly tom & jerry war of the wiskers and your occasional surivaval horror game fan. also in tons of electronic stores ps2 was trash. you had to look hard for the good stuff, wasnt a problem for any nintendo system.

also sly ratchet and clank jak & daxer at the time kinda paled in comparison to any nintendo mascot games. ps2 didnt really impress me at the time.

tons of movie games, sports so much trash, tons of good stuff but at the time I didn't see that, Almost no system could hide their fun games that well. pretty impressive ps2 pretty impressive. I'm pretty sure only speciliased game stored carried them better ps2 games since that library way to big and the shelf space in stores to small, that's probably what happened.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 09:20:03 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

telekill

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2020, 10:22:58 am »
Hmm.... hard question honestly. I think of all time?.... Probably the PS4. Hear me out.

PS4 has gotten a crap ton of ports and remakes from previous generations. It's been the gen of bringing back the past and due to that, almost all my favorite series are on the PS4 in some way. Some of the games are on PS4 via spiritual successors such as Wreckfest in place of Destruction Derby. Some are straight ports like Uncharted or Shenmue. Some are complete overhaul remakes such as RE2/3 and Final Fantasy 7.

Going past games, the DS4 is an incredible controller. The UI is well done and generally pretty quick. PS4 is a great system with an incredible library.

If I were to choose a previous generation system as a favorite, I'd probably go with the launch 60GB PS3. It could play almost every PS1 and PS2 game on top of it's own library. That was a massive boon for it. Once Sony removed backwards compatibility though.... PS3 dropped significantly in the ranks of my favorites with only Uncharted really holding it up for me.

My favorite retro system (including handhelds now), would still be the Sega Game Gear. I just have a soft spot for it.

telly

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2020, 02:21:11 pm »
I would have to say the PS4, just such a great library of some fantastic games!!

BUT, I would also say PS2 as a very close second. Still some great genres on there that have been lost over time (I miss light gun shooters, for one) :(

EDIT: Also, many of my favorite games of all time are on the PS2
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 02:39:59 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

pzeke

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2020, 01:05:03 pm »
PS2, period. It has a great selection of games, many of which are actually good. I love that console.

If I were to answer with rose-colored glasses, then the SNES.

Probably a tie between gba gamecube and ds.

So many great memories of playing those with friends in times in wich free time seemed endless

I'd have to agree; I had a blast during the time the NDS was all the rage. Still am having fun with it since I'm going through my collection at a steady pace.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 01:29:34 pm by pzeke »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2020, 07:19:28 pm »
It's been awhile and im changing my mind to Xbox 360.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2020, 07:24:16 pm »
Playstation 2 and Philips CD-I
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

ferraroso

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2020, 11:30:15 pm »
The Master System.

It was the first console I owned and the one I have the fondest memories of.
Besides, although being hard to collect for around here, the satisfaction of finding a good game for the Master System for a fair price is unmatched.

sworddude

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2020, 05:56:50 am »
The Master System.

It was the first console I owned and the one I have the fondest memories of.
Besides, although being hard to collect for around here, the satisfaction of finding a good game for the Master System for a fair price is unmatched.

where allot of master system games not released in Japan or are those sega mark III games so rare compared to the western variants.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

ferraroso

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2020, 08:58:36 pm »
where allot of master system games not released in Japan or are those sega mark III games so rare compared to the western variants.

Yeah. Besides my childhood love towards the console, this is exactly what makes it so fun to collect for the Master System:
In Japan, they are pretty rare and usually expensive, but since thrift stores often don't even know what they are, with a lot of luck, I can find something for cheap once in a while.
Besides, I travel (or used to, before the current global crisis started) to Europe and/or Brazil at least once (often twice) a year, where Master System stuff is abundant.
So, for me personally, the search for Master System games is, at the same time challenging (in Japan) and rewarding (in Europe or South America). It's a win-win!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 09:00:11 pm by ferraroso »

Warmsignal

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2020, 11:06:15 pm »
I've had better memories with the ps1 with crash bandicoot spyro them addicted survival horror game fans

Ps2 days. I always saw the ps2 as the system with trash games. I didnt like ps2.

And i can see why

95% of ps2 lots today and even years ago when deals where more plentifull consists of garbage aka libraries of what tons of ps2 owners played. the gems are usually hidden, games that people usually don't have I discovered those years later that I could finally see the ps2 having tons of fun games.

Ps2 was only nice for gta sly tom & jerry war of the wiskers and your occasional surivaval horror game fan. also in tons of electronic stores ps2 was trash. you had to look hard for the good stuff, wasnt a problem for any nintendo system.

also sly ratchet and clank jak & daxer at the time kinda paled in comparison to any nintendo mascot games. ps2 didnt really impress me at the time.

tons of movie games, sports so much trash, tons of good stuff but at the time I didn't see that, Almost no system could hide their fun games that well. pretty impressive ps2 pretty impressive. I'm pretty sure only speciliased game stored carried them better ps2 games since that library way to big and the shelf space in stores to small, that's probably what happened.

PS2 gives that impression obviously because there's nearly 2,000 releases on it. Much like the Wii, it was the litter box for all sorts of shovel-ware peddlers. It does have a decent amount of gems, but there's just so... much... crap that didn't need to ever exist. The first Jak and Daxter I remember being quite good.

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2020, 02:20:39 pm »
I've always been partial to handhelds so the Switch is already shaping up to be my hands down favorite console. I almost exclusively buy switch titles these days, pc gaming aside. The switch also came out just when my finances opened me up to the freedom to buy more games and not agonize over the costs so much. Before I would mostly buy gba/ds/3ds games because they came in at a cheaper price point and I was a kid/teen working with an allowance.

Before though I'd probably have chosen the Snes, GC, or PS2. Hard to say which though they all have their pros and cons.