Author Topic: Ever wish for shorter games?  (Read 4463 times)

Re: Ever wish for shorter games?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2020, 06:43:44 am »
A lot of folks said Spider-Man (PS4) was too short.  It was perfect.  Kept me engaged the whole time and ended just when it needed to. 
Games need to know when to wrap it up.

Absolutely.  This is one of my few Platinums, and one of the main reasons was because it could be done in a completely reasonable amount of time.  Not every game needs to be a 80-100 hour opus, but there are plenty that I have played for that long and would love to spend more time in the world.

ffxik

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2020, 01:36:53 am »
Yes, specifically Alice, Madness Returns comes to mind.  I was digging that game up until the final levels.  The doll maker levels just go on forever. 

pzeke

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2020, 01:13:35 pm »
Unless the game is trying my patience, in which case I'll stop playing, no, not really; I don't mind if a game is long. As long as it has my attention and is good, I'm game.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

kashell

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2020, 04:10:23 pm »
Definitely. I recently finished Final Fantasy XV and the final chapters were so extra that I just powered through the game while setting the difficulty to Easy. I was more than ready for it to be done.

The last game that took a long time to finish that kept me engaged the entire time might have been Tales of Berseria. That's off the top of my head; there might be another one I'm not thinking of.