Author Topic: Would You Be Satisfied With Having Every Game And Mod Ever Made?  (Read 1575 times)

What would you play? if all of a sudden every single game was now yours to enjoy and every new game was available at your fingertips at least digitally, if not physically.

Imagine having one PC or one, console and one handheld that could play anything, new or old, and had hardware or upgrades to play any and all technology of the future.

This is actually close to possible with all current technology digitally, PC's already can use just about any type of controller that just about any console uses. So far in todays technology a PC could actually do this but it can be dangerous with all the malware out there.

I would enjoy this in some type of afterlife. where I could live forever and be healthy. But as far as this life goes I think everyone can agree, there is too many games in the world to experience. To get to every single game ever made or going to be made.

But this is actually (somewhat) possible today. having every game and mod what are your thoughts on this?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 10:34:20 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

thewelshman

Re: Would You Be Satisfied With Having Every Game And Mod Ever Made?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 10:51:13 am »
Satisfied is one way to put it, I suppose. I doubt I will ever complete every game I own, let alone every game I've ever wanted. If I had every game ever created PLUS anything new, I don't know if it would change my gaming style now to be honest. There are a lot of Japanese only released games I would be very happy to finally play, but the greater percentage of games created would never be touched by me.

What's funny is when I was a kid, I had very few games and I think I enjoyed playing them far more than I do now with hundreds of games at my disposal.

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 12:53:19 pm »
I'd feel complete.  I don't need to have played all of them to enjoy the sight of them on my shelves.  I'd set up a hammock in the center of the room, get my juice, and just lie back and look at them.

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 01:05:41 pm »
No because I don’t equate video games to life satisfaction.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 07:28:39 pm »
No because I don’t equate video games to life satisfaction.

Seether is right on the money here.

I can honestly say from personal experience that no amount of things in this life will ever provide you with more than momentary and fleeting happiness.

That’s not to say that it isn’t nice to have things. It’s also not bad to have things.

But in answer to OPs question.

No. Having every game in the world (that I want) has not made me happier.

My game backlog is actually starting to make me sad as I find myself getting games I will realistically probably never play much less complete.

At this point my backlog would require more time to complete than what‘s probably left on my personal clock.

Living my life in such a way that I bring joy, hope, and love to my friends and family has made me happy.

Having a hobby (I restore and repair arcade and pinball machines now) has made me happy. Learning new things at my own pace and not worrying about failure has made me happy.

Having experiences with people I care about makes me happy.

Sometimes those experiences involve games. Currently playing through Final Fantasy 7 Remake with my wife.

The game is good. But having beaten the original and knowing what a time sink it is, I would not play through it again by myself.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 08:21:14 pm »
It would be great! But their is alot more in this life besides games that makes me happy family comes first.

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2020, 08:24:40 pm »
It would be great! But their is alot more in this life besides games that makes me happy family comes first.

agreed :)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2020, 10:34:19 am »
I don't really want every game ever made, and never really have. I've only ever wanted games that genuinely interest me and that I can see myself playing. Assuming I had a massive basement or attached warehouse with every video game ever made cleanly and neatly on a ton of shelves, I guess it would be cool, but I still wouldn't care about easily 90% of the game in there.

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2020, 08:33:57 pm »
Its not necessary however the idea of having everything on one device is something I would not be against.

Warmsignal

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2020, 09:42:47 pm »
I'd be furious there weren't even MOAR games for me to purchase. What am I going to line my hallways with? I was thinking of redoing the brick facade with game cases and mortar them all together, but since they want to go all-digital, looks like I'll never get to do that.

In all seriousness, of course not. Game collecting is the pursuit, and there never was a true goal. Life is the adventure, not the destination. Something about the way a dog chases after a car, but if he ever actually caught up with it he'd have no idea what to do next. That's a metaphor for my collecting habits, and to some extent my life. I don't actually want it all. I just think that I want a lot of stuff, probably a lot more than I actually want. As I've been known to go overboard in my fixation on things.

What would I play? Probably nothing that I don't already own. Can't think of anything I need to play right now, that I don't have. Like others have said, I've got more games to play than I'll ever have time for realistically. Each purchase is not a "need to play this now" impulse, it's more of a "that's one I'll play some day" impulse.

I think happiness for me entails actually getting over this fixation entirely, and finding something of deeper meaning. I've got an obsessive/compulsive personality and there's no "satisfying" that. There's only learning to how to manage living with it.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2020, 12:57:50 am »
I'd be furious there weren't even MOAR games for me to purchase. What am I going to line my hallways with? I was thinking of redoing the brick facade with game cases and mortar them all together, but since they want to go all-digital, looks like I'll never get to do that.

In all seriousness, of course not. Game collecting is the pursuit, and there never was a true goal. Life is the adventure, not the destination. Something about the way a dog chases after a car, but if he ever actually caught up with it he'd have no idea what to do next. That's a metaphor for my collecting habits, and to some extent my life. I don't actually want it all. I just think that I want a lot of stuff, probably a lot more than I actually want. As I've been known to go overboard in my fixation on things.

What would I play? Probably nothing that I don't already own. Can't think of anything I need to play right now, that I don't have. Like others have said, I've got more games to play than I'll ever have time for realistically. Each purchase is not a "need to play this now" impulse, it's more of a "that's one I'll play some day" impulse.

I think happiness for me entails actually getting over this fixation entirely, and finding something of deeper meaning. I've got an obsessive/compulsive personality and there's no "satisfying" that. There's only learning to how to manage living with it.

Yup.

mrkonasoni

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2020, 10:56:49 pm »
If I could have all Konami and Sonic games right now I think so.
I could scan all Konami manuals, watch the save icons from Sony, Sega and Xbox consoles and I would be so happy watching everything.

I guess if I could say something trying to overthink the subject is that I couldn't feel the reward for working hard and get the game but, who knows, I don't think I will wake up tomorrow with all Konami and Sonic games under my bed.

(I will still check up just for make sure)
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2020, 08:26:14 am »
On the one hand, yes.

On the other hand, no.