Author Topic: Counterfeit Games Being Sold  (Read 9292 times)

90snostalga

Re: Counterfeit Games Being Sold
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2014, 04:33:08 pm »
The thing about Pokemon fakes, is its not hard to spot.  All you need to do is look up a list of official releases and how to label art looks.   Usually if the Nintendo logo is there, and its a officially released title, its real.  Example, Pokemon Dark Cry for the GBA.  DArk Cry is on no official Nintendo release page at all.  That's a fake.  I've never seen an instance where Pokemon Crystal for the Game Boy Color was fake.  You can tell the real thing.

My main concern is the high end games.  Does anyone know how to spot a real and fake Flintstones copy for the NES?  And Halloween for the Atari 2600?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2014, 11:37:34 pm »
If you're going to drop $500 bones on a game you'll do a little research. Ask to see the board of NES games. Fakes have different chips than the real deal.  A quick google search will show you the pictures.

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2020, 06:36:34 pm »
With a recent topic created I wanted to ask does anyone consider a Super Nintendo cartridge fake if is does not have real screws?

I've seen cartridges without any screws at all holding it together at all mainly Super Mario World. Super Nintendo cartridges. Instead I saw holes with no screws before.

can you open it up (if it's screws and plastic) and successfully close the cartridge without Sabotaging it? 

Image is too large to post to forum and I don't know how to resize a photo from another site

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_original/qxsktnhgws5pd7lar6n8.jpg

and I would like to know if I own a fake PS2 game. because it came in the official case with the manual but it is silver on the disc but PS2 reads it as a blue disc in the PS2 system browser, in which usually the silver PlayStation 2 discs read as gold instead of blue while looking at the browser.

PS2 discs that are silver are suppose to look gold colored in the browser but the blue backed disc games are suppose to be blue in the browser
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 07:01:18 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

telly

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2020, 09:08:11 pm »

and I would like to know if I own a fake PS2 game. because it came in the official case with the manual but it is silver on the disc but PS2 reads it as a blue disc in the PS2 system browser, in which usually the silver PlayStation 2 discs read as gold instead of blue while looking at the browser.

PS2 discs that are silver are suppose to look gold colored in the browser but the blue backed disc games are suppose to be blue in the browser

The browser shows a blue disc for any CD-rom PS2 game regardless of what the physical disc looks like.

There are standard silver-disc PS2 games that are CD-roms, Example: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Ss4AAOSwEIJbS8Qt/s-l1600.jpg
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2020, 09:29:31 pm »

The browser shows a blue disc for any CD-rom PS2 game regardless of what the physical disc looks like.

There are standard silver-disc PS2 games that are CD-roms, Example: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Ss4AAOSwEIJbS8Qt/s-l1600.jpg

Thank you I thought so :)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"