Author Topic: Bandai Namco turns 65 years old.  (Read 1057 times)

mrkonasoni

Bandai Namco turns 65 years old.
« on: June 03, 2020, 05:27:13 pm »
l Start=l

A few days ago someone mentioned that Bandai Namco turned 65 years old, so I guess I just want to make this topic for remember our favorites games from the company.

First of all, I don´t remember how Namco started operations 65 years ago, if I am not wrong the original focus in the company was amusement and toys.

Anyway, I wish the best to the company.

About some franchise I love:

- I think its impossible not mention their biggest success and one of the greatest games from all time, the classic and never getting old, Pac-Man, which gameplay is still a masterpiece and still fresh 40 years after its release.

- Tekken its one of the most popular fighting games from all times, but I have barely played a Tekken game, I only played once like 10 years ago and it was a good game.

- Time Crisis is a good rail gun shooter, and the franchise was quite popular at the time.

- Mr.Driller its still an unique game nowadays, and its one of the most humble franchise from all times that its still with us.

Anyway, I havent played most games of the company but I like their games, so I wish the best for other 65 great years.

I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

telly

Re: Bandai Namco turns 65 years old.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 05:57:22 pm »
Well, technically Bandai Namco isn't even 20 years old. The original companies before the merger are that old, but they don't exist as separate companies anymore.

In any case, my favorite series from Bandai Namco is Ace Combat. Love those games to death.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 06:20:30 pm »
While Bandai Namco has been around for so long, I funnily enough never really equate them to their games as much as I would someone like Square, Sega, Nintendo...Like I would never say Dark Souls is a Bandai Namco game, it's a FromSoftware game.  That said, looking at the franchises they own, I'd say my favorite games of theirs would be Dark Souls 3, Tekken 3, and the Dragon Ball Z: Budokai games.

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 06:56:15 pm »
I have a copy of  Namco Museum 50th Anniversary for PlayStation 2 and that is about it, I need to play that again, because I abandoned it for 3 years now, I like Pole Position 1, I get a kick out the the car sounds I find them hilarious.

unfortunately last time I played the games included in that release are not my favorites but heck I need to play that game again. :-\

There is also Namco Museium volumes released for the original PlayStation, Personally when I play my compilations I like Taito and Capcom and Midway better then Namco :-\
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Flashback2012

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 12:06:24 pm »
NAMCO is the one who turned 65 a couple of days ago. The other half, Bandai, is a few years older. They merged about 14-15 years ago after the failed Bandai/SEGA merger.

If there's any company that needs to make their own mini-console, it's Namco. I remember on one of their Japanese Museum or Anthology releases, they had a limited edition that came bundled with a controller that was shaped like the Pac-Man cocktail table (and OF COURSE I can't find any reference to it on here or the interwebz  >:(). If they were going to release a mini-console, modeling it after the old cocktail table would be a nice touch.  ;)

Of course it's going to be a given that Tower of Druaga would be included, they put that game on EVERYTHING.  :P

It's too late for a physical release now but I'd really love it if they ported Namco X Capcom to PSN. Maybe someone can fan translate it and LRG can release an "upgraded" PS4 release.  :P

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2020, 01:45:59 pm »
NAMCO is the one who turned 65 a couple of days ago. The other half, Bandai, is a few years older. They merged about 14-15 years ago after the failed Bandai/SEGA merger.

If there's any company that needs to make their own mini-console, it's Namco. I remember on one of their Japanese Museum or Anthology releases, they had a limited edition that came bundled with a controller that was shaped like the Pac-Man cocktail table (and OF COURSE I can't find any reference to it on here or the interwebz  >:(). If they were going to release a mini-console, modeling it after the old cocktail table would be a nice touch.  ;)

Of course it's going to be a given that Tower of Druaga would be included, they put that game on EVERYTHING.  :P

It's too late for a physical release now but I'd really love it if they ported Namco X Capcom to PSN. Maybe someone can fan translate it and LRG can release an "upgraded" PS4 release.  :P

Is this what your looking for? this is currently on ebay for a lot of money.

https://www.ebay.com/i/324135520824?chn=ps#
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 01:51:18 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Flashback2012

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2020, 02:45:22 pm »
That's what the controller kind of looked like but that's not what I was looking for.

Thought about it a bit and realized it wasn't Namco who made it but Taito...it was for Space Invaders Anniversary on PS2.  :D

« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 02:53:20 pm by Flashback2012 »