Author Topic: Brütal Legend 2 Is Still Possible, Says First Game's Director  (Read 826 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Man do I hope they aren't blowing smoke up our asses, because I think the only game series I want a sequel for more is King's Field (which will probably never happen ☹️)

They said while it's not happening soon, a Brutal Legend sequel was "inevitable"; due to the creators pouring their heart and soul into the game; and the director himself loving the game and replays it once a year.

I absolutely adore the original game, and would pre-order Brutal Legend 2 the moment it was announced. I had so much fun with the first game. The visuals, the humor, the gameplay, the open-world, the soundtrack; it was amazing! (I do agree with complaints that we could have done without the strategy segments, but it wasn't often enough to ruin the game.)

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE follow-through with this promise; Double-Fine.

https://www.ladbible.com/technology/gaming-brutal-legend-2-is-still-possible-says-first-games-director-20191014
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 06:16:39 pm by burningdoom »

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Brütal Legend 2' Is Still Possible, Says First Game's Director
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 06:00:12 pm »
Those strategy parts were out of place for sure.

I’m with you. I loved the first game. I hope it happens!

pzeke

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 06:14:37 pm »
I'm up for a sequel. Bring it!

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 06:17:56 pm »
Oh don't play with my heart, Brutal Legend is a top 10 game of all time for me.  There are very few games that I feel are "made specifically for me", but this is one of them.  I actually have an Eddie standee I picked up from a game store years back that I hope I have to room display some day lol  Also I do see this is an older article, but I absolutely want this to happen someday, it would be a dream to get a sequel with all new musicians playing prominent roles.  Oh to dream...

And now I'm reinstalling Brutal Legend on PC to play when I'm not playing Ghost of Tsushima lol Actually been awhile as I use to replay like once every year or two.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 07:59:50 pm »
Oh don't play with my heart, Brutal Legend is a top 10 game of all time for me.  There are very few games that I feel are "made specifically for me", but this is one of them.  I actually have an Eddie standee I picked up from a game store years back that I hope I have to room display some day lol  Also I do see this is an older article, but I absolutely want this to happen someday, it would be a dream to get a sequel with all new musicians playing prominent roles.  Oh to dream...

And now I'm reinstalling Brutal Legend on PC to play when I'm not playing Ghost of Tsushima lol Actually been awhile as I use to replay like once every year or two.

Yeah, they said not anytime soon but it is "inevitable".

So that probably translates to: We totally plan on doing a sequel, when our budget allows and we don't have other contractual obligations in the way.