Author Topic: Do You Think Modern Consoles Sunk In Quality In the 8th Generation?  (Read 6387 times)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: Do You Think Modern Consoles Sunk In Quality In the 8th Generation?
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2020, 11:27:11 pm »

BTW, I have to wonder...why are you on such a crusade about this anyways? Why does the way I collect or listen to music matter so much to you? I mean even if I listened to cassette tapes on a Fisher price tape player, that's my choice, right? You arguing until your blue in the face isn't going to convince me to stop using CDs and start loving MP3s.

It's the internet people will look for anything and everything to bitch about.

sworddude

« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2020, 04:56:54 am »

BTW, I have to wonder...why are you on such a crusade about this anyways? Why does the way I collect or listen to music matter so much to you? I mean even if I listened to cassette tapes on a Fisher price tape player, that's my choice, right? You arguing until your blue in the face isn't going to convince me to stop using CDs and start loving MP3s.

I never tried, to argue you to move on to downloads. the discussion was just about hardware and why sony lacked the cd function.

Also the reason why I started about downloads, is because most people on this forum didnt even notice cd's where unusable on the ps4. the console is 7 years old by now and multiple people including you haven't even once inserted a cd in the ps4.  Why the dissapointment if you just figured this out after 7 years and never once inserted a cd in your ps4? seems to me like you where pleased to play cd's on other devices these past 3 to 7 years

My point is

The majority of the audience just used downloads and other sources (main interest of sony), and people like you, just played cd's on other devices wich are not ps4 for 3- 7 years withouth noticing it. I'd say sony made the correct choice to save some money and that the ps4 actually lack the tech to play music cd's. not a single update that could potentially make the console be able to play cd's again. and the cd feature was highly requested during release, the backlash was big enough in wich sony was shocked and announced that they would make it happen in a future update.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 05:22:15 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

pzeke

« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2020, 05:56:28 am »
Holy thread hijack, Batman!

Literally these two...

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2020, 12:25:36 pm »
1. I just discovered it because as I explained I just moved the PS4 into the living room to replace the blu-ray player and it's now hooked into the sound system.

2. I didn't move on to anything. The original post literally quoted me from another post talking about CDs on PS4.

Quote from: sworddude
you can literally download pretty much all music within seconds why bother to use a music cd if your going that route, that's a waste of time with very few exceptions in wich you can't find it

Which then turned into a huge argument of me defending why I still buy CDs and you trying to convince me playing them on a console is pointless, and I need high-end audiophile equipment if I was going to do that anyways....right? Did I get lost on the way, or what?

sworddude

« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2020, 01:35:53 pm »
1. I just discovered it because as I explained I just moved the PS4 into the living room to replace the blu-ray player and it's now hooked into the sound system.

2. I didn't move on to anything. The original post literally quoted me from another post talking about CDs on PS4.

you can literally download pretty much all music within seconds why bother to use a music cd if your going that route, that's a waste of time with very few exceptions in wich you can't find it

Which then turned into a huge argument of me defending why I still buy CDs and you trying to convince me playing them on a console is pointless, and I need high-end audiophile equipment if I was going to do that anyways....right? Did I get lost on the way, or what?

You definitely lost your way,

The only reason why I brought up high end is because of our discussion that whatever cd player you use, according to your arguments sound won't be different low medium or high end it will all sound the exact same, cables and speakers are where it's at, in wich i replied your logic is flawed. Even a mid range cd player would surpass a sony console in terms of sound or at the very least what most people would use instead of a sony console if your still playing physical cd's in this day and age.

I never recommended high end stuff was just for the argument, that's only for the really hardcore if the small differences are worth it to you. Just saying that most cd users use a dedicated cd player usually medium range to play their cd's in this era and not their consoles. I never recommended any cd player low to high end, it was all for the argument in wich you said that the sound would always be the same regardless of the quality of the cd player.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 03:55:03 pm by sworddude »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2020, 09:53:36 am »
Right here.

eitherway if you wanted to use a music cd for quality you'd probably use a quality cd player instead of a console. so there are two sides of the coin here. if you really would care about sound quality using a console as a cd player would have been a no go from the very start.

Then I went on to say the speakers, recever, and cables matter for sound becase a CD player is just a reader. A Sony one that isn't going to have the skipping or dying problems that others do.  But that argument is a moot point going nowhere with us, I don't know why I was trying to defend my music practices so hard, should have just whatevered it.

To sum up my stance: I play CDs. I don't play MP3s. I prefer physical media in all areas. I play them through my sound system in the living that my PS4 is now hooked up to when it wasn't before because i had a dedicated blu-ray player that died (which was also Sony, ironically). So I can no longer play CDs through that system. That sucks. And MP3s are not a solution for me. Nor is a $2000 audiophile stereo system. I wish Sony wouldn't have taken CD player functionality out, but it's not inconvenient enough to mod the system either, as others have suggested.

sworddude

« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2020, 10:08:13 am »
Right here.

eitherway if you wanted to use a music cd for quality you'd probably use a quality cd player instead of a console. so there are two sides of the coin here. if you really would care about sound quality using a console as a cd player would have been a no go from the very start.

Then I went on to say the speakers, recever, and cables matter for sound becase a CD player is just a reader. A Sony one that isn't going to have the skipping or dying problems that others do.  But that argument is a moot point going nowhere with us, I don't know why I was trying to defend my music practices so hard, should have just whatevered it.

To sum up my stance: I play CDs. I don't play MP3s. I prefer physical media in all areas. I play them through my sound system in the living that my PS4 is now hooked up to when it wasn't before because i had a dedicated blu-ray player that died (which was also Sony, ironically). So I can no longer play CDs through that system. That sucks. And MP3s are not a solution for me. Nor is a $2000 audiophile stereo system. I wish Sony wouldn't have taken CD player functionality out, but it's not inconvenient enough to mod the system either, as others have suggested.

downloads aren't only mp3,

you also have flac and wave files. Not saying that you need to move on to downloads, just saying there is more out there than just average quality mp3 downloads.

Also quality doesn't automatically mean high end cd player and thousands of $ nor was that sentence a recommendation just an example.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 11:12:19 am by sworddude »